FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
By darwin dali
F1 live:
The big paddock rumour at present is that Toyota is not taking its hard-line stance against the budget cap for the same reasons as Ferrari.

It is suggested that the carmaker has already decided to follow its Japanese rival Honda out of the sport, and has simply eyed a good excuse to justify it.

The way their cars are regressing, I wouldn't be surprised if the mood is a tad negative at Toyota...
God is a smaller version of the old Renault Meghane !

Where's the proof that god is a crappy car??? :hehe:
By RJP Kimi
i just dont get it, from 1-2 on the grid, and then 2 races after, getting the 2 slowest times of everybody

i know track types and stuff suit different cars but, come on toyota thats pafetic for upgrades and no wonder they want out of F1
By Jensonb
The Toyota F1 story is a rather curious tale of oddball decisions and wasted promise. It goes on that way apparently.
By cap-dude
I don't get the Toyota case.

They complained that the Toyota does not like slow corners. But they did pretty darn well around Bahrain, which has plenty of slow corners. Also, what about Barcelona. Should that not have suited their car better than.

I was thinking, maybe the Toyota goes well on tracks with long straights. Makes a lot of sense does it not. Sepang and Bahrain have massive straights, and they went well there. Whilst Barcelona only have an average pit straight, whilst Monaco hasn't really got a proper straight. So that would explain their decline at those tracks.

In other words, they should be decent at Turkey, and good Silverstone. But I'm sure they'll be missing the fact that Montreal is gone. But that's just my theory.
By Denthúl
I don't get the Toyota case.

They complained that the Toyota does not like slow corners. But they did pretty darn well around Bahrain, which has plenty of slow corners. Also, what about Barcelona. Should that not have suited their car better than.

I was thinking, maybe the Toyota goes well on tracks with long straights. Makes a lot of sense does it not. Sepang and Bahrain have massive straights, and they went well there. Whilst Barcelona only have an average pit straight, whilst Monaco hasn't really got a proper straight. So that would explain their decline at those tracks.

In other words, they should be decent at Turkey, and good Silverstone. But I'm sure they'll be missing the fact that Montreal is gone. But that's just my theory.

But they were good at Australia, which makes things even more puzzling.
JT said they changed many things around in the build-up to the quali in Monaco. Sh!t happens I guess - wrong direction.
By Gert
If Honda aren't there it does seem a bot pointless for Toyota to be there, at least as anything other than engine supplier.

Looking for a reason to quit? Wouldn't surprise me & I suspect BMW may well follow. 's not like they are troubling the front of the grid or anything now is it?
By headless
BMWs 2009 target was to challenge for the title.

See our F1 related articles too!