Luca di Montezemolo has revealed that he would welcome Porsche if they chose to enter the world of F1.
The VW-brand has played down the latest rumours about a V6-powered grand prix foray on the back of its forthcoming return to Le Mans, but Ferrari president Montezemolo said: “I feel great respect for Porsche, who I consider the main rival of many of our cars. Read more... (115 words, estimated 28 secs reading time)
Ferrari announced late on Tuesday that Felipe Massa is staying with the team in 2013.
Although the one-year contract ties in with rumours Sebastian Vettel could replace him in 2014, the news ends a long period of speculation about the 31-year-old Brazilian’s immediate future. Read more... (136 words, estimated 33 secs reading time)
Felipe Massa has done enough to secure a new Ferrari contract for 2013.
The Brazilian was at times even faster in Korea than his championship-challenging teammate Fernando Alonso, and after the race team boss Stefano Domenicali was all but confirming paddock rumours that a new deal will be announced imminently. Read more... (324 words, estimated 1:18 mins reading time)
Red Bull’s Dr Helmut Marko has hinted Felipe Massa deliberately impeded Sebastian Vettel at the end of qualifying in Korea.
Vettel’s last Q3 run was indeed interrupted by Ferrari’s Massa, but the German – who ultimately qualified second behind his teammate Mark Webber – initially blamed his engineer. Read more... (157 words, estimated 38 secs reading time)
Lewis Hamilton has admitted his manager had talks with Ferrari.
After six years with McLaren, the 2008 world champion went on the driver market for 2013 and has ultimately joined Mercedes. But an interviewer for the Spanish sports daily AS asked Hamilton if it is true that switching to Ferrari was at some point among the Briton’s options. Read more... (242 words, estimated 58 secs reading time)
Ferrari has denied claims in Brazil Felipe Massa has signed a new contract for the 2013 season.
The news was reported from Korea by the Brazilian broadcaster Globo, but the famous Italian team hit back by insisting it is in “no hurry” to make its decision. But Globo’s information was precise, insisting the news will be announced officially on Tuesday. Read more... (88 words, estimated 21 secs reading time)
Felipe Massa has hinted an announcement about his 2013 contract extension at Ferrari may be imminent.
“I think it will not be long,” the Brazilian told Totalrace, amid reports there is still a chance Force India’s Nico Hulkenberg or Paul di Resta could snatch the cockpit from him. The previously struggling Massa, however, suggested he has now done enough to keep his seat. Read more... (144 words, estimated 35 secs reading time)
With the title battle now essentially a head-to-head between Sebastian Vettel and Fernando Alonso, Ferrari has acknowledged that its F2012 was outclassed by Red Bull’s improved single seater at Suzuka last weekend.
“We cannot go at Sebastian’s pace at the moment,” Ferrari president Luca di Montezemolo is quoted as saying by German Bild newspaper. “I expect a huge effort from our engineers now.” Read more... (369 words, estimated 1:29 mins reading time)
Sebastian Vettel has stated he does not “understand” why Felipe Massa has struggled so much alongside Fernando Alonso at Ferrari. Read more... (369 words, estimated 1:29 mins reading time)
Niki Lauda has confirmed that Michael Schumacher turned to Sauber and even Ferrari once he knew he would lose his Mercedes seat.
Austrian legend Lauda, who has joined Mercedes as non-executive chairman, insists seven time world champion Schumacher lost his seat only because his decision-making period about the future beyond 2012 was so prolonged. Read more... (228 words, estimated 55 secs reading time)