Ferrari’s F1 staff were sent home on Tuesday, following the latest earthquake in the Emilia-Romagna region.
We reported earlier this month that the team’s Maranello headquarters were not damaged by the recent magnitude-6.0 quake. At Monaco last weekend, team boss Stefano Domenicali reminded that “the ground has continued to shake” ever since. Read more... (146 words, estimated 35 secs reading time)
Felipe Massa moved to rescue his crumbling career with a strong performance in Monaco. Already on notice even before the 2012 opener began, the struggling Brazilian has had a nightmare start to this year’s campaign, triggering rumours Monaco was his very last chance to shine. He then qualified within a tenth of his on-form teammate Fernando Alonso in the Principality, and in the race finished in the ‘train’ within sight of winner Mark Webber. Read more... (118 words, estimated 28 secs reading time)
Australia’s last world champion Alan Jones has urged Mark Webber to join Ferrari. After the Red Bull driver won his second Monaco grand prix last weekend, his team boss Christian Horner moved to play down the 35-year-old’s rumoured 2013 switch to Maranello based Ferrari. Read more... (312 words, estimated 1:15 mins reading time)
Sebastian Vettel has denied reports he has signed a ‘pre-contract’ to move to Ferrari in 2014.
Two British Sunday newspapers reported the rumour just ahead of the Monaco grand prix. Read more... (127 words, estimated 30 secs reading time)
Two British newspapers on Sunday reported an explosive rumour about F1′s reigning world champion Sebastian Vettel. The Independent on Sunday, and the Sunday Times, separately said the Red Bull driver has signed a pre-contract to join Ferrari in 2014. Read more... (144 words, estimated 35 secs reading time)
Mark Webber has moved to rubbish speculation he might be in line to replace Felipe Massa at Ferrari.
The Australian has only a one-year contract with Red Bull, although team figures have indicated a new deal for the 35-year-old is likely. Webber is one of many drivers who rumours say Ferrari are interested in as a replacement for Felipe Massa. However Webber has scoffed at the rumours. Read more... (217 words, estimated 52 secs reading time)
Alain Prost has tipped Ferrari to sign a new number two teammate for Fernando Alonso next year. It is widely expected that struggling Felipe Massa will be ousted at the end of his 2012 contract and the rumour mill is flying over potential replacements. Read more... (189 words, estimated 45 secs reading time)
Ferrari has signed a well-known F1 aerodynamicist to run its Maranello wind tunnel.
That is the claim of the authoritative Italian publication Autosprint, who first reported the move as a rumour a month ago. Autosprint’s correspondent Alberto Antonini said Loic Bigois, a 52-year-old Frenchman, will now “definitely” move from Mercedes in mid-September, although an official announcement will probably not be made. Read more... (95 words, estimated 23 secs reading time)
Ferrari’s headquarters in Maranello have not been damaged by the major earthquake in Italy’s Emilia-Romagna region.
There were reports of deaths, injuries and levelled buildings caused by the magnitude-6.0 quake. But a spokeswoman for Ferrari said via email that the famous F1 team and sports carmaker “is fine”. Read more... (71 words, estimated 17 secs reading time)
With rumours circulating over his future at Ferrari, Felipe Massa has played down reports he is in danger of losing his drive instead insisting that the F1 team fully support him. Read more... (216 words, estimated 52 secs reading time)