FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Just as it says...
By Irv the Swerve
I hope Milan don't have the same performance in the final. :shock:
By 7UpJordan
I hate West Ham, I hate the people in charge of the PL, I hate the FA, I hate David Unsworth, I hate the referees and I have just about had enough of this stupid corrupt game!!! But it's not all lost yet... I hope we succeed in suing the Premier League, give them a taste of their own medicine! :evil::evil::evil:
By Irv the Swerve
I hate West Ham, I hate the people in charge of the PL, I hate the FA, I hate David Unsworth, I hate the referees and I have just about had enough of this stupid corrupt game!!! But it's not all lost yet... I hope we succeed in suing the Premier League, give them a taste of their own medicine! :evil::evil::evil:
Take it easy Neil Warnock!! :P

Look i'm sorry your team went down, must not be a great feeling but your team knew the story they had to do today. Doesn't matter about WHU, you wouldn't care less if you got the point today and Wigan went, would you say anything about WHU points reduction...?

Sorry again mate but it's football.
By 7UpJordan
Take it easy Neil Warnock!! :P

Look i'm sorry your team went down, must not be a great feeling but your team knew the story they had to do today. Doesn't matter about WHU, you wouldn't care less if you got the point today and Wigan went, would you say anything about WHU points reduction...?

Sorry again mate but it's football.

We wouldn't have BEEN in this position if it wasn't for the corrupt referees and stupid West Ham getting away with it in the first place.

Anyway, enough of footy for me till August, F1 is here to stay for the summer and that's more important.
By 7UpJordan
Oh dear, comiserations Denilson. :P
By Irv the Swerve
...... :(:(:(

I just felt it was not going to be our night. That and the ref was a w**ker!! :x
By welshie
Viva Italia!!
By 7UpJordan
You're not alone Denilson, guess who also is a Liverpool fan. :P

Taken from Williams site;

"TV’s James Allen is walking around like a bear with a sore head. His beloved Liverpool's 2-1 loss to AC Milan in the Champions League final remains fresh in the memory, and he has received much taunting from jubilant Ferrari mechanics. Rest assured, James, you have a safe haven in the AT&T Williams motorhome…"
By 7UpJordan
:lol:

Time to support a different team I guess! :wink::P

Mabye you ought to email ITV and tell him that. :P
By 7UpJordan
Seeing as there's been a lot of football talk on non-football threads, I thought I'd dig this thread up so we can all put our football talk/banter in here instead. :)
By McLaren Fan
This thread was made before I joined the forum, so I may as well declare I am a die hard Glentoran F.C. fan. Before I moved to Glasgow in the summer, I was a season ticket holder for years.

Glentoran are one of the biggest clubs in Ireland, although we've been through some rough times on and off the field in the last few years (made worse by Linfield, our derby rivals and Rangers B-team doing so well), and we are the first ever British team to win a trophy in Europe: the Vienna Cup in 1914. As it was before the foundation of UEFA, it isn't counted sadly. We've had some pretty big moments in our history, playing as the Detroit Cougars in 1967, drawing 1-1 with Rangers in 1966, drawing 1-1 and 0-0 with Benfica in 1967 (going out of the cup on away goals, the first ever team to do so), beating Arsenal 1-0 in 1969, and getting to the European Cup Winners' Cup quarter finals in 1974. A lot of brilliant players have also come through the club on their way to the bigger teams on the mainland. Sadly, the Troubles in Northern Ireland as well as the Irish FA being a disaster has meant the Irish League has fallen behind and other leagues have moved on. Still, we play decent football, decent players come through our ranks before moving onto to bigger clubs and people who somehow we're noticed and didn't get a move to the mainland also play for us.

At the minute, we're four points behind Linfield with six games left to play. If we win all our six remaining games and improve our goal difference slightly, we will win the league. To be honest, that's more than we could have asked for after the tough times we've been through and with the new squad of young and therefore inexperienced talent settling in. Whatever happens this season, we still need two or three quality players and another year or so for the team to gel and gain experience before we're a top league-winning outfit.

I'm not such a fan of other clubs from other leagues, mainly because I've no affinity with the town or city and there is not the same community feel with larger clubs, but I do have a soft-spot for teams that play good quality-football, like Liverpool (well, used to, and the team I would "support" from the English league), Spurs and Aresnal. Other than them, the Premiership can be pretty brutal on the eyes at times. In fact, I've often seen better matches in the lower leagues. Also, the celebrity culture of top players disgusts me. The worst league to watch is Italian Serie A. There is so much talent and so little on show because of the Italian's mentality of defending once they're a goal up. You want to see free-flowing, attacking football, especially for the amount the players cost and that the fans are paying in! Now that I'm in Glasgow, I don't know who I'll support. I don't like going with the crowd to support Celtic or Rangers, both a load of bigots, so I may call in one day and see how Partick Thistle are doing!
By 8-ball
Well i support Arsenal and always have.What annoys me is man utd are a great team but the majority of their "fans" are not even from manchester and so are all glory hunters. The premiership is the best league in the world and that is thanks to the influx of more skillful foreigners (hence why the england team is no longer a force in football) and my only problem with Arsenal is that they do not field enough English players.
By 7UpJordan
I'm a Sheffield United (aka. The Blades) season ticket holder, last year we were very cruely cheated out of survival in the (boring and overrated) Premiership thanks to cheating West Ham signing illegal players and the incompetent idiots in charge of the Premiership deciding that "it's too late in the season and it would be harsh on their fans to deduct them points" and decided to give them a £5million fine which to them is peanuts! Some people still go on saying we didn't play well enough against Wigan on the last day, but we shouldn't have even been in a situation like that, West Ham should have been disqualified, relegated and given a $100million. What they did to Football is far worse than what Stepney and Couglan did with confidential Ferrari documents. Even worse, (the legendary) Neil Warnock was so unhappy with our cruel relegation he decided to resign and almost retired from management (and now he's the manager of Crystal Palace).

Whilst it was slightly relieving to be back in a league where there is proper football and none of the poncy-pussies, overrated-and overpayed prima-donnas and cheaters you find in the Premiership, we were about to be dealt by another blow, Warnock's replacement was Bryan Robson the most BORING man in Football, more boring to listen to than Kimi Raikkonen. He had done terrible jobs in the past getting Bradford and West Brom relegated and falling out with players, but we had to give him a chance and after a few encouraging comments from him and also a good pre-season campaign, we were blinded by what was about to come.

We started the season with a 2-2 draw against Colchester, throwing away the lead TWICE. Then things got worse as the season went on, we were losing to clubs like Scunthorpe and even worse, as we went on the performances got worse, the players became less bothered, putting in less effort and Robson's excuses just got worse and worse and worse. Then a small bright patch came in November when we strung a few wins together, as if we were turning the corner, but no, we understeered straight into the wall when we got humiliated 3-0 at home to Stoke in December. I was so unhappy I left at half time when we were already 3-0 down.

Robson refused to take the blame and layed it all on the players when even a blind man could see Robson was killing our club with his boring football and poor management skills. Sheffield United is a club about passion, never-say-die attitude, battling, making up in spirit whatever lack of skill we have, Robson killed off just about every one of those aspects about the club with his dull spineless tactics. We were so poor even somebody like Tadcaster Albion could have beaten us.

The PLC Chairman Kevin McCabe kept coming to Robson's rescue, even after we lost to Crystal Palace with Warnock back at the Lane. Warnock himself was pretty unhappy with what Robson had done to us (Warnock is a Blades fan). Another thing that only kept Robson in longer was also scalping 2 Premiership teams in the FA Cup, Bolton Wanderers (who had that ginger idiot Gary Megson in charge) and Manchester City (whose fans contributed to their own downfall by dropping a load of balloons in their penalty area leading to our first goal). But that didn't help matters we lost the Sheffield derby to our city rivals Sheffield Wednesday thanks to more crap tactics from Robson and the players not being up for it. McCabe came to Robson's rescue again, Robson blamed the players and very ungratefully slagged off McCabe for not giving him enough funds which is the biggest pile of crap I have ever heard (Robson spent £8million on James Beattie, how can THAT be not enough funds??!).

Things were so bad, the fans were split, I was falling out with my friends over our opinions of the situation and I was turning up to less games. The final straw came when we could only manage a poor 0-0 draw against Scunthorpe, followed by a car-park demonstration.

On Valentines day Robson was finally sacked, and in came Kevin Blackwell (who used to work as Neil Warnock's assistant until he was tempted away by the Leeds). Blackwell has turned the tables, got the players playing like we used to do before Robson came in and we have won 4 consecutive games, and COULD sneak into the play-offs. But right now we're losing to Preston thanks to a penalty. :(

Still, even if we don't get into the play-offs, whatever Blackwell has done has been an incredible achievement and we'll be in great shape to get promoted next season. I know I might sound a bit contradictory when I earlier said the Premiership was boring, but you've got to wish for the best for your club, and we made the Premiership a lot more interesting when we were in it.
By AKR
I go for JUVENTUS FC, the GREATEST Football club in the world. The only club in the world to have won at least one of each major international tournament/competition/cup in the world and also have won at least one all domestic competitions. AC Milan is my second favorite team and they are the most Successful club in the world as they have won the most international tournaments. Juventus is 6th in this rank and 3rd if you count just the European clubs with Real Madrid in 2nd spot. In the Croatian League I go for Hajduk Split. In the Slovenian league I go for Interblock Ljubljana however previously I did go Olympia Ljubljana but they went bust. (Ljubljana is the city where I was born). In England I go for Chelsea and Spain Barcelona. Teams that I do not like are Real Madrid, Man U and Inter Milan. Club that I absoultly hate is LIVERPOOL FC or the BINDIPPERS.

I hope Arsenal Smash Liverp00fters!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and although unlikely I hope AS Roma beat Man U.

See our F1 related articles too!