FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

By NHcheese
Cant believe Nico made the same mistake twice in one race.

Is this the start of his downfall? Will I have to change my signature for next year?

It was his punishment... CONSPIRACIES!!!!

:coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee:
By racechick
Nah. No way. Lewis' face would have been as long as a fiddle if he'd been gifted that, remember whenBrawn issued teem orders in his favour? That's not how Lewis wants it played. He won that one fair and square.
Last GP there was no way someone could have been so precise in cutting a tire. This week Nico is so good he can brake without flat spotting weave through the barriers and hand just the right lead to Lewis on queue. :twisted:
By LRW
Cant believe Nico made the same mistake twice in one race.

Is this the start of his downfall? Will I have to change my signature for next year?

It was his punishment... CONSPIRACIES!!!!

:coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee:

I must admit. When I first saw it happen. My immediate thought was - was that part of the plan. Then I realised I was being a d\ck.
If anyone could supply the answer to 2 small questions then I would be willing to listen without laughing

Q1) So why did he go through the chicane when Massa was ahead of Lewis and both right behind him??????

funny how the h8terz avoid that question when put to them. lets help them out and supply a possible answer

A1) because he was practicing, first time and wanted to get it right second time when Massa wasnt there :scratchchin::spaz:
A1b) because he is so good he knew he would be perfect thru the chicane and wouldnt get taken by Massa, and so was setting an alibi for second time :scratchchin::shrug::spaz:
A1c) because he is not very good under pressure and got flustered and did not want to take the chance of dropping WDC points by not making the corner :doh:

Q2) So why didnt Merc delay his pitstop by 2 seconds a few minutes earlier instead of risking an accident in the chicane or a puncture or running into Lewis when coming back?????

A2a) because Merc didnt want to make it obvious by the old pitstop trick? As they have had no wildly fluctuating pitstops for both drivers all season it would look too obvious :scratchchin::gonnagetit:
A2b) because Merc wanted to risk Nico disobeying team orders, so instead of doing it in the pit where they had full control and it was safer, they let Nico do it on track with his history of butthurt and poor racecraft :deadhorse:
Nah. No way. Lewis' face would have been as long as a fiddle if he'd been gifted that, remember whenBrawn issued teem orders in his favour? That's not how Lewis wants it played. He won that one fair and square.

Who says Lewis had to know about it, Alonso never knew about what Piquet and Briatorre cooked up in Singapore.
By Hammer278

Who says Lewis had to know about it, Alonso never knew about what Piquet and Briatorre cooked up in Singapore.

:hehe::hehe::hehe: This line never gets old for me.
By racechick

Alonso may be many things but stupid isn't one of them. Nor is Lewis.
By LRW

:hehe::hehe::hehe: This line never gets old for me.

:ROFL:

Alonso may be many things but stupid isn't one of them. Nor is Lewis.

Unfortunately there's no tongue in cheek smiley.
By Nin-Chin

You can say the guy's mental frame is broken. Let's see how he handles the heat in Singapore. I hope he outqualifies Lewis there, and Lewis reels him in again...instead of escape roads we have barriers in Singapore.

Only issue with that is that there are a few escape roads at the end of the first sector and the beginning of the 3rd sector and just before the entry into the tunnel at the end of the lap.
By sagi58
Hey, geet, this one's for you:

wrote:">WHAT'S IN A SMILE?

Mercedes team principal Toto Wolff laughed off suggestions he had enjoyed watching championship leader Nico Rosberg blunder his way out of a victory at the Italian Grand Prix...

...As Hamilton easily passed Rosberg, Wolff was pictured on television smiling at that exact moment.

"Whoever picks that up and tries to interpret anything in such a picture must be out of his mind," Wolff said. "First of all, it's not live. So whenever the camera's pointing on you the signal comes later. So it wasn't synchronized with the picture.

"I will hide in the engineering office next time. There was a smile I think when the two were getting closer to each other. It was a smile, 'Here we go again in a close battle.' That was the smile."...

See our F1 related articles too!