FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Just as it says...
By sagi58
What isn't a great idea, is the cash advances that are so easy to get.
Interest is charged from the second you take one!!
By darwin dali

Unless it's in the form of a balance transfer at 0% interest, which I do often and put in an interest bearing account until I pay it back in full when the promo expires :wink:
By Jabberwocky
I pay my card back every month, they keep phoning me to up the balance. The trouble with cards as I am sure everyone is aware is the dodgy interest rates.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
By sagi58

Unless it's in the form of a balance transfer at 0% interest, which I do often and put in an interest bearing account until I pay it back in full when the promo expires :wink:

0%?? WoW!! Except for car loans, I'm not sure that happens often, up here!!
By darwin dali

0%?? WoW!! Except for car loans, I'm not sure that happens often, up here!!

I get them offers all the time. Though they usually have a bal. trsf. fee of 2-5% and usually with no cap. In the past, like 7-10 yrs. ago, there used to be a max. of $60-200 for that fee, which was a good deal for a $10k+ trsf. for 12 months. So, I only rarely do this anymore unlike in the past when I did it all the time and earned some money with 6% interest earnings. :thumbup:
By darwin dali
So you have to OWE money to make money........BRILLIANT!
Wait a second.... :banghead:

That's good old capitalism for ya :yes:
By myownalias
But if you don't pay off the whole thing each month aren't you just handing high percents of interest to the card companies?

If I am to pay it off every month, what is the point of a credit card, a credit is used for help spread the cost, in my case it's 14% interest, balance transfers and cash advances cost $7 per transfer but interest is only charged after the end of the month if not paid back. 14% interest isn't so bad as the balance from month to month with be low, less than $250 just to keep it rolling. There is no annual fee for the credit card I have, so overall I am happy with the arrangement, considering Capital One keep on offering me a card at 29.9%, which is a no chance in hell APR!
By Jabberwocky
Pay it off to build your credit score. If I ever can not pay mine off completely I set myself an amount a month to spread it over.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
By racechick
But if you don't pay off the whole thing each month aren't you just handing high percents of interest to the card companies?

If I am to pay it off every month, what is the point of a credit card, a credit is used for help spread the cost, in my case it's 14% interest, balance transfers and cash advances cost $7 per transfer but interest is only charged after the end of the month if not paid back. 14% interest isn't so bad as the balance from month to month with be low, less than $250 just to keep it rolling. There is no annual fee for the credit card I have, so overall I am happy with the arrangement, considering Capital One keep on offering me a card at 29.9%, which is a no chance in hell APR!

Well the point is the convenience. The insurance of things purchased . Sometimes money back schemes . Sometimes things like travel insurance and free AA membership. And you get a months credit for free. By not paying it all off you're giving them money. Why run with a bit not paid off? You run the risk of it creeping to a bit more and a bit more. And if you always keep it at say 20% of it not paid off why not just get it to all paid off? It's just a different base level.
By darwin dali

Well the point is the convenience. The insurance of things purchased . Sometimes money back schemes . Sometimes things like travel insurance and free AA membership. And you get a months credit for free. By not paying it all off you're giving them money. Why run with a bit not paid off? You run the risk of it creeping to a bit more and a bit more. And if you always keep it at say 20% of it not paid off why not just get it to all paid off? It's just a different base level.

Free AA membership for rc :P:hehe::wine:
By myownalias

You don't have to worry about me letting things get out of control, my wife calls me a spending Nazi... but sometimes I want something that is a little more than I can afford to buy "cash", this is what the card is for; and also to cover emergency shortfalls in finances like being double billed in this case!
By racechick

Free AA membership for rc :P:hehe::wine:

It's a driving assistance thing!! When you breakdown!

See our F1 related articles too!