FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
what he says makes sense Fernando is not stupid he surely would have wondered why he was on such a strategy from 15th.

to overtake heavier cars?

on a street circuit it would be bloody hard still. Like Snr said he might have gotten 3 cars but end up last after his first stop!
what he says makes sense Fernando is not stupid he surely would have wondered why he was on such a strategy from 15th.

Renault go quite aggressive on strategy most of the time. We've seen Alonso's low fuel pole in Hungary for example.

As shown when Alonso had to pass the Trulli train, they put him on the strategy. Also if you read the radio transcript it would appear that Alonso had more fuel than 12 laps.

It was Symond's decision to bring him in early.

Renault go quite aggressive on strategy most of the time. We've seen Alonso's low fuel pole in Hungary for example.

As shown when Alonso had to pass the Trulli train, they put him on the strategy. Also if you read the radio transcript it would appear that Alonso had more fuel than 12 laps.

yeah low fuelling in Q3 is totally different though. And yeah they brought him in early but only a couple laps. regardless he still would have been out of whack with the cars around him and without this SC would have probably finished last.

I'm no fan of Flav but this is utter :bs:

I hope Pat dosn't go for this and supports the team.

I disagree - this would be very serious. These shenanigans could have endangered lives. It is beyond 'covering your arse' and loyalty for your team shouldn't factor in anymore.
What an absolute effing mess. I can't believe Piquet was granted immunity too! He carried out the 'action' FFS!!!! :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

yeah low fuelling in Q3 is totally different though. And yeah they brought him in early but only a couple laps. regardless he still would have been out of whack with the cars around him and without this SC would have probably finished last.

Again I believe that Alonso was as clueless about this as most of the Renault team were.
If he did know about it then he would surely be up for investigation. He was interviewed along with Symonds and Briatore but he must not have been prosecutable.

The alternative, of course, is to finish outside the top ten anyway. It's worth trying something different every now and then. At the end of the day, one way was almost guaranteed to get no points, the other might have salvaged something from a good weekend gone bad (as it eventually did).

The alternative, of course, is to finish outside the top ten anyway. It's worth trying something different every now and then. At the end of the day, one way was almost guaranteed to get no points, the other might have salvaged something from a good weekend gone bad (as it eventually did).

without a SC low fuelling is guaranteed to get you 0 points. You wouldnt do it in Monaco would you?

without a SC low fuelling is guaranteed to get you 0 points. You wouldnt do it in Monaco would you?

Singapore isn't Monaco though. As Alonso and a few other drivers showed, you could pass around the circuit.

We won't know how much Alonso knew about the strategy until next week - that is of course that he knew and that the FIA deemed him to be a part of the evidence.
imo Alonso's strategy was just an 2 stopper designed to play the safety car percentages, his second stop was lap 42!! So come in at the earliest point in a fuel window possible and then hope and SC can cut the time you've lost. Certainly worth the risk regardless of whether Piquet crashed on purpose or not.

I have a friend who informs me Fernandos radio traffic after Q where he demands the team fix the problem so knowing that i dunno i cant buy the fact he didnt know anything.

Is he called Nelson? :rolleyes:
I have a friend who informs me Fernandos radio traffic after Q where he demands the team fix the problem so knowing that i dunno i cant buy the fact he didnt know anything.

Is he called Nelson? :rolleyes:

no santa
Let me just clarify your position bud.

Are you suggesting that Alonso knew about this proposed fix?

If so, are you suggesting he should also be punished for it?

I've read that, too - not sure it holds water though...

See our F1 related articles too!