FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Discuss your own car, automotive news and latest supercar launches.
By darwin dali
Excuse my French but :censored: off.

Away and boil yer heed AKR! Lighten up dude. Besides, it's hardly my fault if there is a striking resemblance between the 2 cars and they both had the same flat 6 engine at one point is there?

WB knows I am yanking his crank and he knows I am not a fan of Porches.

I much prefer Lambo's.

You mean Porsches - porches are exterior appendages to a building, forming a covered approach or vestibule to a doorway. :wink:
By darwin dali
Fixed thanks. :D

( :censored: spelling police).

Remember the liter? That's the only reason I posted this :P
By andrew

Ah well, I'll let you off this time. :wink:
By darwin dali

Ah well, I'll let you off this time. :wink:

:bowdown:
Well... I bought it, what will surely be a labor of love. It's a currently not so beautiful 1986 Porsche 911 Carrera coupe. I gave a deposit and have a written contract this time so it's not slipping away from me. Mechanically it's 9.5 out of 10, cosmetically it's more like a 6 out of 10 and I'm being generous. Hopefully over the next year or three it will be completed.

I'm purchasing the car through a Porsche shop that does restoration and mechanical work, the owner of the car has had it since 2006 and in that time has spent 40 thousand dollars in performance upgrades and mechanical repairs on the car, it really is that good a running vehicle the list of performance parts is a mile long. He completely neglected any and all cosmetic work however, maybe that's why I'm able to even buy the car in the first place.

I'm a happy, happy boy right now. :yes:

Hey Hey thats fantastic! You are lucky to have all the race goodies and a well maintained car. Congrats!
I'm a happy, happy boy right now. :yes:

Hey Hey thats fantastic! You are lucky to have all the race goodies and a well maintained car. Congrats!

:yes: Absolutely! Nice one WB :)
Guys, thanks for the well wishes. I am absolutely giddy, now I know how Vettel felt winning his second WDC. :D

BTW Stealthgate any time you'd like to trade rides, for a week or two let me know. :P It's got the RS lightweight door panels, the momo seats and four point racing harness, ALL suspension bushing upgraded, turbo tie rods, a European 3.2 motor, stainless steel heater box and exhaust K&N filter, upgraded oil cooler, upgraded front and rear sway bars and torsion bars, custom valved Bilstein shocks... the list goes on and on! :D
Guys, thanks for the well wishes. I am absolutely giddy, now I know how Vettel felt winning his second WDC. :D

BTW Stealthgate any time you'd like to trade rides, for a week or two let me know. :P It's got the RS lightweight door panels, the momo seats and four point racing harness, ALL suspension bushing upgraded, turbo tie rods, a European 3.2 motor, stainless steel heater box and exhaust K&N filter, upgraded oil cooler, upgraded front and rear sway bars and torsion bars, custom valved Bilstein shocks... the list goes on and on! :D

I was on planet 9 the other day and found out saving weight was not cheap. Cayman R seats like $5800, on sale... Save about 40lbs... But lateral support.. Unbelievable!

Oh yeah! That's quite a list of goodies..
I think Whats Burning and Stealthgate need a Porsche off at the strip!!

Better than striping at the Porsche off. :blush:
By AKR
Excuse my French but :censored: off.

Away and boil yer heed AKR! Lighten up dude. Besides, it's hardly my fault if there is a striking resemblance between the 2 cars and they both had the same flat 6 engine at one point is there?

WB knows I am yanking his crank and he knows I am not a fan of Porsches.

I much prefer Lambo's.

Porsche = real sportscar as much development comes from racing. Lamborghini = tractor as much development comes from farm machines. :hehe:

Porsche anyday without a doubt for me and I cannot wait to finally get one too.
By AKR
Lambo's do alright in GT2 AKR, pretty sure that's racing on Sunday's not just cruising

It's GT1 actually. This year after Maserati who dominated for 6 yrs pulled out, Lamborghini did ok. But looks like the 2 championships will be decided between Nissan and Aston Martin this year. Lamborghini is new at racing. After Volkswagen took over, they decided that Lamborghini should race. Before this time Lamborghini never raced as Feruccio lamborghini their founder thought it too expensive. The lambos you saw in the early 90s in f1 were not really official factory teams, despite one of the teams being called "Lamborghini". It was just the then Modena team.

See our F1 related articles too!