FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
By sagi58
Regardless of what Hamilton says that it's only his engines that blow out,
Rosberg commiserates with his own experience of mechanical failures:

wrote:">Nico Rosberg: I know how Lewis Hamilton is feeling

..."I understand very well how Lewis must feel now because I've been there in my career, like in 2014 at the end of the season when we were fighting the championship, I had two major failures [in Singapore and Abu Dhabi] and I know that it feels horrible, it's absolutely horrible," he said. "I'm sure he's extremely gutted especially when you deserve to win a race and the technology just lets go."...
By overboost
IT'S ALL SABOTAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EVIL NICO IS EVIL HE DESERVES TO DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry I got a bit drawn in by Mercs facebook page. The level of conspiracy is amazing.

Just try and tell the lunatics that the truth is exactly the opposite. The facts are that Hamilton of all the F1 wdc's (32) has had the best reliability rate and also better than his teammate as well. And even if he has mechanical failures in each of the remaining 5 races he will still have the best reliability rate of all wdc.

"Lewis Hamilton had good reason to be frustrated after retiring from the lead with an engine failure on Sunday. It followed a string of faults earlier this year. However it was the first time this season either Mercedes had dropped out of a race due to a technical failure.

It may come as some consolation to Hamilton to learn that he has had the most reliable cars during his career out of all of Formula One’s 32 world champions. Sunday’s DNF was the 11th time in his 183 starts so far that he has not been classified due to a technical problem. That’s a failure rate of just 6%.

The driver with the next-lowest failure rate is Sebastian Vettel on 8.7%. The other three world champions on the grid are Fernando Alonso (10.1%), Jenson Button (11.3%) and Kimi Raikkonen (13%).

Nico Rosberg has also enjoyed an excellent finishing rate. In his 201 starts he’s had just 14 non-classifications due to technical problems: a failure rate of 7%. But even if Hamilton’s W07 broke down in each of the five remaining races, he would still have the highest reliability rate of any world champion."

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2016/10/03/h ... -champion/
By myownalias
So, first of all, I'm so happy to see Daniel Ricciardo on the top step after Red Bull's strategic mistake in Monaco that denied him victory, also great battle between the two Red Bull drivers, that tussle before the pitstops was pivotal for Ricciardo with the drivers being stacked in the pits during the VSC period. Hamilton was unlucky to have his engine go bang; however, his comments were childish, it makes no sense for Mercedes to sabotage their own car, Mercedes could have won the constructors crown with Hamilton winning and Rosberg 4th.

I do think the Rosberg penalty was fair, Raikkonen gave his plenty of space, yet Rosberg still clattered into him and ultimately it made no difference to the result. The Vettel incident at T1 was a racing incident in my view; however I do think he deserves some criticism after he gave Verstappen much criticism for a very similar move at T1 at Spa-Francorchamps.

I'm happy to see McLaren Honda scoring points regularly, double points scores for the Woking team, and the upgraded power unit in the back of Alonso's car seems to be much better than the older spec power unit in the back of Button's car, maybe there is some hope for McHonda going into the 2017 season.

Overall, the Malaysian Grand Prix was fairly enjoyable; and I have to admit I smiled when Hamilton's engine blew up, knowing Ricciardo was second on track!
By sagi58
...even if Hamilton’s W07 broke down in each of the five remaining races, he would still have the highest reliability rate of any world champion."
[/i]

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2016/10/03/h ... -champion/

What?? Even if he loses the remaining races his reliability is the highest??
:banghead: For pity's sake!!

Mind you, sharing his fans that little bit of information won't change their minds...
Maybe not even his...
It would be like... Image
By overboost
Wolff has confirmed the obvous that Hamilton was in a flat out push to obtain a pit stop gap to the Red Bulls. This came after Hamilton started to panic about his tires lasting to the end and subsequently changed his strategy. Simple stuff, Hamilton was maxing out the engine in the sweltering heat of Malaysia and it popped. No conspiracy required! Ironic though as both Red Bulls stopped as well anyway.

"Flat-out push

Wolff confirmed that Hamilton's engine blew up during a phase of the race where the British driver was pushing flat out to extend his margin over the pursuing Red Bull drivers.

It could be that the extra demands being place on the power unit by doing that pushed it over the edge.

"He was flat out back then," explained Wolff. "We needed to build the 23-second gap to allow a free pitstop.

"Red Bull did everything right today, pitting Verstappen when they did. They had two cars to play the gamble with the virtual safety car period - and then there was the risk at the end that they would leave one out on the hard to try to make the one-stop - which would've been extremely difficult.

"They still could have tried it with one of the two, and pit the other one. So we were trying to extend our stint and it was going in the right direction because we were building that gap.

"But just before it was enough, just before we were about to pit him, the engine blew up."

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/no-li ... es-834652/
By sagi58
I wonder if we're going to hear from Hamilton?
I mean, he did expect answers from Mercedes as
to why it's only his engines that blow.
Will he be willing to accept the "blame"?
His accusatory tone can't be good for team morale...
Last edited by sagi58 on 04 Oct 16, 14:24, edited 2 times in total.
By Jose Lorca
I think the merc blew because it was being pushed for once in a hot climate. The Red bulls were looking good (until their internal scrap).

I wonder where Rosberg would have been if he didn't get spun round. I believe he had his car more set up for the race and was closing the gap to the leader all the time. Maybe he could have put hami under more pressure.

I wasn't surprised Rosberg got penalised when Derrick Warwick was adjudicating. He is very biased to British drivers
By sagi58
... Derrick Warwick was adjudicating. He is very biased to British drivers

Image That just can't be true!!

(((Image)))
By gdh
http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12433/ ... ty-bearing

So it was a bearing failure on Hamilton's engine. Was this a new engine that everyone thought was going to give him an advantage due to all of the grid penalties from a few races ago? Japan is nearly upon us, I'm sure it will provide more fodder for the conspiracy theorists. If Hamilton wins his fans will point to the fact that all engines etc being equal Rosberg cannot beat him. If Rosberg wins it mst be due to a massive failure on LH's car. We need Maldonato back, he can provide more drama just by the threat of him making the grid. :hehe:
We have the dvr set to record practice, qualifying and the race. We're taking the vette up through the peninsula btn Georgian Bay and Lake Huron to see the fall changing colours. Supposed to be 22C so will put the roof down. Have a BBQ when we get home, watch the practice session, get caught up on all the drama. It's Thanksgiving wknd here in Canada, hope the turkey stays in the oven and not the race.
By overboost
Here is the history of Thanksgiving in Canada. Of course the first thanksgivings in North America were held in Canada at Frobisher Bay in 1578 and Nova Scotia in 1604. No First Nations killed, not as part of Thanksgiving lore in Canada at least!

According to some historians, the first celebration of Thanksgiving in North America occurred during the 1578 voyage of Martin Frobisher from England, in search of the Northwest Passage.[1] His third voyage, to the Frobisher Bay area of Baffin Island in the present Canadian Territory of Nunavut, set out with the intention of starting a small settlement. His fleet of fifteen ships was outfitted with men, materials, and provisions. However, the loss of one of his ships through contact with ice, along with many of the building materials, was to prevent him from doing so. The expedition was plagued by ice and freak storms, which at times scattered the fleet; on meeting again at their anchorage in Frobisher Bay, "... Mayster Wolfall, a learned man, appointed by Her Majesty's Counsel to be their minister and preacher, made unto them a godly sermon, exhorting them especially to be thankful to God for their strange and miraculous deliverance in those so dangerous places ...". They celebrated Communion and "The celebration of divine mystery was the first sign, scale, and confirmation of Christ's name, death and passion ever known in all these quarters."[12]
Years later, French settlers, having crossed the ocean and arrived in Canada with explorer Samuel de Champlain, from 1604, also held feasts of thanks. They even formed the Order of Good Cheer and held feasts with their First Nations neighbors, at which food was shared.
After the Seven Years' War ended in 1763, with New France handed over to the British, the citizens of Halifax held a special day of Thanksgiving. Thanksgiving days were observed beginning in 1799 but did not occur every year.[13]
During and after the American Revolution, American refugees who remained loyal to Great Britain moved from the newly independent United States to Canada. They brought the customs and practices of the American Thanksgiving to Canada, such as the turkey, pumpkin, and squash.[14]
Lower Canada and Upper Canada observed Thanksgiving on different dates; for example, in 1816 both celebrated Thanksgiving for the termination of the war of 1812 between France, the U.S. and Great Britain, with lower Canada marking the day on May 21 and upper Canada on June 18.[13] In 1838, Lower Canada used Thanksgiving to celebrate the end of the Lower Canada Rebellion.[13] Following the rebellions, the two Canadas were merged into a united Province of Canada, which observed Thanksgiving six times from 1850 to 1865.[13]
The first Thanksgiving Day after Canadian Confederation was observed as a civic holiday on April 5, 1872, to celebrate the recovery of the Prince of Wales (later King Edward VII) from a serious illness.[15]
For many years before it was declared a national holiday in 1879, Thanksgiving was celebrated in either late October or early November. From 1879 onward, Thanksgiving Day has been observed every year, the date initially being a Thursday in November.[16] After World War I, an amendment to the Armistice Day Act established that Armistice Day and Thanksgiving would, starting in 1921, both be celebrated on the Monday of the week in which November 11 occurred.[15] Ten years later, in 1931, the two days became separate holidays, and Armistice Day was renamed Remembrance Day. From 1931 to 1957, the date was set by proclamation, generally falling on the second Monday in October, except for 1935, when it was moved due to a general election.[13][15] In 1957, Parliament fixed Thanksgiving as the second Monday in October.[15] The theme of the Thanksgiving holiday also changed each year to reflect an important event to be thankful for. In its early years it was for an abundant harvest and occasionally for a special anniversary.[13]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thanksgiving_(Canada)
By sagi58
Hm, which First Nation people did YOU guys kill? :eek:

I'm not an expert on history; but, I do believe we Canadians know how to co-exist!
Do you know something I don't know? :confused:

See our F1 related articles too!