FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
By myownalias
Of course not, rule breaking covertly has been happening since day one. Most teams get stick for employing team orders especially when their favorite driver is disadvantaged. It's part and parcel of F1, As I said, I don't like team orders just because the #1 driver is behind driver #2, but when it comes to differing strategy reasons or simply following an ailing car like in Monaco.

Additionally, we are now on page 4, woohoo :clap:
By Bladesman
The guy that said there ain't no hate on Hamilton. .. Hahaha, don't need to say it mate, the stench is mighty powerful!

Oh, there's a stench, alright; but, it's not coming from non-Hamilton fans!

Rather, it's about how ridiculously blatantly his fans seem to believe that Hamilton won this race solely
on talent... not that it was a combination of team orders, a messy pit stop, getting away with cutting a
chicane or by illegally blocking his closest opponent...

I've said it before and I'll say it again, NO one wins by themselves... the performance from the car, the team,
the driver can often be predicted; BUT, there is that small element of luck that makes each race unpredictable.

Today, Hamilton had Lady Luck shining on him full force.

I am am a Lewis fan and I know that the Red Bull mess up handed him the race. Lewis just drove well to maintain those tyres for so long and keep track position. He got lucky but with the way this year has gone he was probably due a bit of luck eventually.

Like I said earlier in the thread the Rosberg moving over is a moot point as Lewis would have got past him on the pit stops anyway. Maybe Lewis could have overtaken him on track but in Monaco it would have probably ended up in a crash and you can understand why Mercedes asked him to move over. He was going so much slower that he just kept dropping places.
By rob91
Mercedes and Lewis Hamilton deserved to win this one because they wanted it, they used team orders to get ahead of Nico Rosberg and then they gambled by staying out on the wet tyres after Red Bull pitted Daniel Ricciardo for inters to get track position on him, then kept him at bay for many laps. You can call it lucky if you want but sometimes you make your own luck and they did just that in this race. :clap:
By overboost
BLOODY BUGGER F***!!
Goddamnit!! that was Danni's race! Specially after Goldilocks tiptoed round the track and held up Hamilton . I was pissin myself at that! hahahaha
He was f***** by his team . :banghead:

What's with all the conspiracy talk @Overboost? That's bloody stupid talk! You reckon Merc screws Hamilton on purpose? So you reckon Red Bull is another conspiracy and screwed Danni on purpose. You crazy man! Teams don't screw their drivers deliberately.

Kimi. Damn nutcase! Lol

Yep that was Danni's race allright. Left high and dry two races in a row. He deserves better.

And it is good to see you are not going down the lunatic conspiracy theorist path. Once you head down that road there is no coming back!

Rosberg though if he was serious about winning the championship should never have let Hamilton past. Make him earn it. Having Hamilton being gifted the lead twice in the race really took away what could have been an epic Monaco.
By sagi58
...I am am a Lewis fan and I know that the Red Bull mess up handed him the race. Lewis just drove well to maintain those tyres for so long and keep track position. He got lucky but with the way this year has gone he was probably due a bit of luck eventually.

Like I said earlier in the thread the Rosberg moving over is a moot point as Lewis would have got past him on the pit stops anyway. Maybe Lewis could have overtaken him on track but in Monaco it would have probably ended up in a crash and you can understand why Mercedes asked him to move over. He was going so much slower that he just kept dropping places.

I have NO problem with Mercedes asking Rosberg to move over! In fact, I fully expected that to happen!
What annoys me is the belief that any driver can win all the time solely on talent!
It's refreshing to hear from a Hamilton fan who understands that! Thank you! :thumbup:
By myownalias
Rosberg though if he was serious about winning the championship should never have let Hamilton past. Make him earn it. Having Hamilton being gifted the lead twice in the race really took away what could have been an epic Monaco.

I really don't agree with that statement, F1 is a team sport after all, why keep the faster driver behind while the leader was stretching out a 1.5-2 second lead each lap, it was upto 15 seconds by the time Hamilton was released, it was the smart team decision. That alone would not have ensured victory, if Red Bull didn't have that botched pitstop, Ricciardo would have been out ahead of Hamilton and the Briton would never have been able to chase down Ricciardo as the Australian was clearly faster for much of the race.
By darwin dali
Do I read right? This coming from you MOA? Weren't you a staunch opponent of team orders back in the days?
By myownalias
Do I read right? This coming from you MOA? Weren't you a staunch opponent of team orders back in the days?

Yes, let's say I've mellowed over the years, I still don't like them but in certain circumstances I understand it makes sense.
By sagi58

Yes, let's say I've mellowed over the years, I still don't like them but in certain circumstances I understand it makes sense.

To quote The Birds, "To Everything There is a Season"!! :wink:
By darwin dali

Hm, what was it with old dogs and new tricks? :wink:
By sagi58
...F1 is a team sport after all...

Unfortunately, not everyone recognizes that very salient truth!
In fact, some drivers don't realize that they are but a cog in the
machinery they happen to drive.
By myownalias
Back in the day, there was a big debate on this forum over whether F1 was a team sport or an individual sport, which centered around team orders and which side members fell on was based upon whether they are team fans or driver fans, I was of the opinion, if it's truly a team sport, why have a drivers championship?
By myownalias
In reality, it's both...

Which is where the problem lies; there is supposedly no "I" in team.
By darwin dali
In reality, it's both...

Which is where the problem lies; there is supposedly no "I" in team.

...but there is an "I" in driver...

See our F1 related articles too!