FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
By overboost
By Bladesman
Maybe his tyres weren't cold enough to give him the grip to get round tighter.

You are thinking perhaps that Mercedes was playing tricks with their tire pressures again? :wink: The FIA test pressures on grid now to prevent Merc from cheating the minimum pressure rules so I doubt it.

If you look at the videos Hamilton didn't even try to turn his wheel until he was virtually to the red paint on the far side of the corner. So I don't think it was grip related it was just dirty driving!

Also notice that the teammates on the other teams had no trouble getting around that corner.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5il4tHYmoc

Are you watching the same race? A load of drivers crashed into each other at the first corner.

People on here choose to believe their own little agenda and seem to overlook the fact that Hamilton kept locking up and running wide at that corner for most of the race along with some other drivers. I think he even went off at that corner at one point during the race. I agree he could have turned the wheel a little bit more and I think he intended to squeeze Nico a bit but not touch him. The conditions of the track meant they ended up touching slightly but whatever no point debating the issue on here and like Rosberg said its not like it cost him the race. It's what Rosberg did with his own race that cost him.
By overboost
Yes Alonso and Massa tangled before the corner but they are not teammates which is what my comment referred to. At Merc though one driver went out of his way and outside the rules to have a go at his teammate.

Hamilton was having problems in the wet that was clear. Rosberg was the better driver in the wet conditions. Only to give it all away when the circuit dried.
By stonemonkey
So, the FOM feed directors are under instruction to cut the mercs out to increase the ratings but the stewards are allowed to be super lenient to allow the wdc to be settled early, what a bizarre world you live in.
By sagi58
The WDC was settled a long time ago, Rosberg's ego didn't get the memo! :thumbup:
Last edited by sagi58 on 27 Oct 15, 23:42, edited 1 time in total.
By overboost
So, the FOM feed directors are under instruction to cut the mercs out to increase the ratings but the stewards are allowed to be super lenient to allow the wdc to be settled early, what a bizarre world you live in.

Are you suggesting some sort of plan or conspiracy by the US GP stewards to award Hamilton the championship? That's bizarre stonemonkey! It was already over long ago anyway.

And yes televising runaway merc's with no competition is bad for the ratings and for F1. Here is what the CEO of COTA has to say about it: “I just want to have competition at the front of the grid; I don’t want someone running away with it,” said Bobby Epstein, CEO at Circuit of the Americas. “That’s the big thing about any sport, you don’t want to know who wins ahead of time.”
By myownalias
Unfortunately F1 is the exception to the rule, during the Ferrari/Schumacher, Red Bull/Vettel and now Mercedes/Hamilton dominance, you know there is a extremely high probability that the named driver will end the race in P1. Dare I say it, watching a spec series like the lower formulas is more exciting because everyone is equal, the only differentiator is driving talent!
By sagi58
Talent is not the only differentiator!

Let's face it, the elephant in the room are the rules that have virtually gifted
both championships, through lack of opportunity for in-season development.

Schumi and Ferrari, as well as Vettel and Red Bull did dominate, no argument
there; HOWEVER, the difference is that other teams had the opportunity to
continue developing... sure, it may have been difficult, no doubt; but, to have
the opportunity is the difference.
By myownalias
I was actually talking about lower formulas when I mentioned driving talent being the only differentiator, clearly there is a lot more going on in F1.
By sagi58
I was actually talking about lower formulas when I mentioned driving talent being the only differentiator, clearly there is a lot more going on in F1.

I stand corrected! :thumbup:
By overboost
USGP/COTA is in trouble. Combination of state funding reduction and the rain/hurricane losses. The Mexican GP also drew fans away from Texas.

http://planetf1.com/news/cota-chairman- ... e-screwed/
By sagi58
...The Mexican GP also drew fans away from Texas.

Maybe it's just the "novelty"?
By gdh
Poor weather, rediculous amt of $ to be pd to F1 mngt, huge drop in state revenues due to oil price drop and a rather boring season are not helping COTA.

See our F1 related articles too!