FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
By F1 enthusiast
Real friggin' N-move by Hamilton in Turn 1 !!

If Rosberg is just an average driver, as many contend, why is Hamilton so afraid of him to take him out in that fashion ??

If Rosberg had made the move, Bernie would likely have banned him from the sport.

Hamilton may have won the Championship... But he's NO Champion !!

cheers!
By sagi58
Totally agree!! It was "the" best race, thusfar!! Lots of action, lots of mistakes,
lot of capitalizing on those errors! Edge of your seat all around!!

Congrats to Hamilton, on his third WDC, though that wasn't ever in doubt!!
By sagi58
...Starting to buy into our son's assertation that Rosberg is an average driver in a far superior car...

You can't fault your son for that, especially not after the last couple of seasons!
The only reason Rosberg looks so good is because of the car!! Can you imagine
Alonso in that car? Or even Vettel? Oh, wait, that would never happen.

Too many roosters in one coop!! :twisted:
By overboost
Starting to buy into our son's assertation that Rosberg is an average driver in a far superior car.

Your son is right!

Without the W06 Rosberg would have had the career that for example Martin Brundle enjoyed, a journeyman racing driver with no victories to his credit.

And for Hamilton it is also about the car, this championship and the last are some of the easiest wdc's ever awarded. He only had to beat a journeyman driver to be champ. The rest of the field, where the best drivers in F1 are, didn't matter because of the prescribed lack of competitive motors.
By F1 enthusiast
Re. Nico Rosberg...

Those detractors out there are clearly ignorant of his resume' in both F1 and his race career as a whole.

If you look at his 1st year w/ Mercedes, he consistently out-qualified and out-performed Michael Schumacher... journeyman right... :rolleyes:

cheers!
By myownalias
Real friggin' N-move by Hamilton in Turn 1 !!

If Rosberg is just an average driver, as many contend, why is Hamilton so afraid of him to take him out in that fashion ??

If Rosberg had made the move, Bernie would likely have banned him from the sport.

I can't remember the specifics right now, but Rosberg has made such moves and gotten away with it in the past two years. I do however agree that the move on Rosberg was borderline, SKY F1's Martin Brundle said that Lewis didn't turn as much as he could have when he viewed the onboard footage and I agree, Hamilton was lucky to not get penalized.

Quite a few drivers over the years have used dubious methods to win titles, Prost in 1989, deliberately driving into Senna to stop him from passing, while in 1990, Senna returned the favor, by driving into Prost on lap 1 and again in 1994, Schumacher, hitting the wall before keeping his foot in to take out title rival Hill who would have denied Schumacher his first title. By your reckoning, Prost, Senna and Schumacher were no champions either.

If you look at his 1st year w/ Mercedes, he consistently out-qualified and out-performed Michael Schumacher... journeyman right... :rolleyes:

Schumacher was in the twilight of his career, well past his best as a driver, the person that drove the Mercedes was not the driver who won all those drivers titles with Ferrari and Renault. I'm afraid Rosberg's stats against Hamilton don't lie, I don't doubt that Rosberg is a very good driver, but he is far from the best on the current grid. In the three years Hamilton and Rosberg have been team mates, Hamilton has scored 22 wins to Rosberg's 9, as I said, stats don't lie.
By stonemonkey
Afraid of Rosberg and NO champion!! :hehe: You're very funny.
By overboost
Re. Nico Rosberg...

Those detractors out there are clearly ignorant of his resume' in both F1 and his race career as a whole.

cheers!

Nico's resume includes :

Losing to Mark Webber
Beating Alexander Wurz
Beating Kazuki Nakajima
Beating Michael Schumacher
Losing to Lewis Hamilton

Not exactly a stellar record if you realize that Schumacher wasn't the Schumacher of old. And considering that Hamilton had been beaten by Button this would suggest that Rosberg is at a level considerably less than second tier Webber/Button imo. Trulli, Kovalainen, Sutil come to mind.
By overboost

cheers!

You have a point there. Why would Hamilton feel the need to punt Rosberg off track and blemish his wdc victory? He was going to win it sooner or later anyway. Not a 'Champions' way of doing things that's for sure, its just dirty driving.
Last edited by overboost on 27 Oct 15, 00:35, edited 1 time in total.
By sagi58
... Nico's resume includes...

Timing...
By overboost
I do however agree that the move on Rosberg was borderline, SKY F1's Martin Brundle said that Lewis didn't turn as much as he could have when he viewed the onboard footage and I agree, Hamilton was lucky to not get penalized.

Definitely 'lucky' not to have been penalized as the rule is clear on the matter.

20.5 Manoeuvres liable to hinder other drivers, such as deliberate crowding of a car beyond the edge of the track or any other abnormal change of direction, are not permitted.
By stonemonkey
Maybe his tyres weren't cold enough to give him the grip to get round tighter.
By overboost
Maybe his tyres weren't cold enough to give him the grip to get round tighter.

You are thinking perhaps that Mercedes was playing tricks with their tire pressures again? :wink: The FIA test pressures on grid now to prevent Merc from cheating the minimum pressure rules so I doubt it.

If you look at the videos Hamilton didn't even try to turn his wheel until he was virtually to the red paint on the far side of the corner. So I don't think it was grip related it was just dirty driving!

Also notice that the teammates on the other teams had no trouble getting around that corner.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5il4tHYmoc
Last edited by overboost on 27 Oct 15, 13:59, edited 3 times in total.
By stonemonkey
warm enough?

No, no, im sure I meant cold.

See our F1 related articles too!