FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
By zurich_allan
Over the race distance I still see both Mercs being ahead, but I do see Ferrari, Williams and Red Bull all being in close competition for the remainder! :)
By Jabberwocky
I am watching it in a pub. There is no sound.

Why have they done another formation lap?

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
By stonemonkey
Closed up too fast behind rosberg before the chicane and had to take avoiding action.

Massa was out of position on the grid so had to do another formation lap.
By 3double8
I am watching it in a pub. There is no sound.

Why have they done another formation lap?

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Massa was off grid.
By stonemonkey
Maldonado's going for the record of most penalties picked up in one race.
By stonemonkey
I'll prolly get a huge fat egg in today's pool.

I get there feeling everyone might, except maybe sagi.
By gdh
Entertaining race, fantastic start by both Ferrari drivers, feel bad for Kimi. With all of the mistakes that Hamilton made the race just showed the Mercs power. Great to see Alonzo up there and Red Bull on the podium.
By stonemonkey
Yep, messy race from Hamilton but made that pretty eventful and exciting, neither mercs deserved to be up there today, Vettel deserved the win, shame about Kimi. Well done to the Red bull and McLaren guys.
By Stephen
A good race after a difficult week for F1. Some good stories up and down the grid but puzzled at Hamilton's performance - he should have walked today's race. I have noticed that he doesn't recover well from errors, often creating more issues for himself as shown at the start of this race (and last year too IIRC). He needs a mechanic to shout 'chill' every now and then! :yes:

Alonso and Vettel are my drivers of the day - amazing results. :thumbup:
By stonemonkey
I wouldn't totally agree with that, there's been times he's made a mistake or suffered in some way but then driven brilliantly to come back. That might've been in his McLaren days though so maybe there is a difference in how he's managed by his engineer.
By overboost
A good race after a difficult week for F1. Some good stories up and down the grid but puzzled at Hamilton's performance - he should have walked today's race. I have noticed that he doesn't recover well from errors, often creating more issues for himself as shown at the start of this race (and last year too IIRC). He needs a mechanic to shout 'chill' every now and then! :yes:

Alonso and Vettel are my drivers of the day - amazing results. :thumbup:

I agree with your observation.

It seems that when Hamilton makes an error/loses a position he tries to get it all back immediately often leading to even more bad consequences. He sees 'red' in these moments and loses judgement.
By zurich_allan
I found watching that race frustrating. Just felt like it was messy from start to finish. I understand that to a lot of casual viewers it may have been 'exciting', but by my reckoning Hamilton, Rosberg, Ricciardo, Massa, Kvyat, Maldonado and others all made multiple stupid mistakes. I like an exciting race, but prefer it to be exciting as a result of GOOD driving, not bad driving as was the case in this race.

Happy for Vettel, and for Red Bull getting the double podium, as well as McLaren getting a double points finish.

Driver of the day with absolutely no competition is definitely Alonso, there's no other argument that can be made.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

See our F1 related articles too!