FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
Excellent race, really enjoyed that. Didn't expect that result at all! It's great to know that there might be some serious competition for Merc as the season progresses.

Also, a big shout out to Max Verstappen! Excellent stuff! :clap:
This season is getting interesting - phew! Really pleased for Vettel and Ferrari, also Kimi on a great recovery drive. I just wonder how long it will take for me to get annoyed by that finger of his this time! :D

Good showing by McLaren - they may be someway off points but I want whatever happiness pill they're feeding their drivers!!
Yay Vettel and boo Ferrari? I'm ever so confused. :rofl: Well deserved win for Vettel after last season.

Hopefully this is a sign of a close season but it's still early days.

On a side-note, the last time I read a race thread on here it was so full of mindless fanboy/girl stupidity it was impossible to actually discuss the race. So refreshing to actually see a race thread actually being a race thread centered around the race rather than one driver and team. Good to see all opinions being respected regardless of each individuals own preferences. Bravo. :clap:

Edited by Stephen
Fantastic, Ferrari is back with a vengence! Great race by both drivers. Sagi have your feet touched the ground yet? Really enjoyed watching the young drivers battle it out throughout the race as well.
WoW!!! That's a race for the books!! Not only because Vettel/Ferrari won; but,
because there was actually a race!! The lead switched back and forth, so there
wasn't any real way to know who would end up on the top step, until the last
few laps!! Even then, so many times we've seen mechanical/technical gremlins
that I seriously held my breath that last bit of the race!!

Driver of the Day?? KIMI!! Can you believe how many things got in his way today??
Yet, he finished fourth!! Woohoo Kimi!!

A very close second goes to Vettel, he was just superb!! Kept his cool, all the way
through. The emotion he obviously felt for living a dream had me tearing up!!
((Of course, he needs to watch his language!! ))

HONOURABLE mention goes to Verstappen!! WoW!! Can't imagine how good he's
going to be in a good car!!

... Sagi have your feet touched the ground yet?...

Nope!! Image
On a different note, Mercedes had a great race, as usual!!
Hamilton was his usual calm, collected self, driving as he
always does with precision and guts!! As for Rosberg, it
seems he was a bit distracted as he couldn't keep up with
Hamilton again, this race. That's not to criticize him, so
much as it's an observation. I watched today and wondered,
how would he do in any other car?
I wouldn't say that Hamilton was calm and collected during the race, he was moaning like he was Jenson Button over the radio, complaining about all sorts of things.
A very entertaining race especially after the dreadfully dull 2014 style Australian affair.

Vettel and Raikkonen are showing their speed and putting that Ferrari on race winning pace. Both drivers getting the mediums to last 20 laps and Raikkonen putting 22 on the hards made a two stopper work. Raikkonen's run from last+ to a convincing fourth with reduced downforce (which increases tire wear!) due to damage was amazing. A Ferrari 1-2 was on if not for Nasr.

The Mercedes was not kind to its tires, they were even considering bringing Hamilton in for a fourth stop as his final set of hards gave up. Rosberg was the faster Merc but because he was held up after the first pit stop he couldn't challenge Hamilton for second. Ultimately though neither driver could have made a two or three stopper work, tires wear limited Mercs fortunes.

The heat and abrasive surface may have slowed the Mercs and suited the Ferrari's. China will tell the story with its cooler conditions. As well turbo's love cooler temps so any potential effects on the Merc will be removed as well. Many of the Merc powered cars looked a bit sluggish in Malaysia. If Ferrari though has pace in China then Mercedes is in for a fight this season.

In Malaysia though Sebastian was the deserved winner. Now we know what SF15T stands for (for this race at least) - Sebastians' FIST. :wink:

http://en.espnf1.com/malaysia/motorspor ... 96149.html
Haven't you guys heard? Vettel can't win races. New- oh wait - *quick Google Search* Simone Resta won that race yesterday.... :rolleyes:

Relax everyone - let's put him in a McLaren before we start calling him a great driver....
So, Vettel pits 2X when everyone else pits 3X? If he would have pitted the third time............but
Kimi does a lap on a flat tire and pits 3X and still only is 50 seconds behind the winner, which, arguably wouldn't have been
the winner if pitted 3X?
THAT is what makes it interesting?! Think we were all a little down about the season after Australia. No more!
Just finished watching the highlights for the race. Really annoyed I couldn't watch it live... Unfortunately I accidentally saw the top 3 on twitter with just a nanosecond of a glance - and it burned in my brain to ruin any surprises. I then switched on the radio this morning to hear Ricciardo was 10th. I then opened up the newspaper on the way home to see a picture of Vettel jumping on the podium...

Stoked that he won - but I wish I was watching this epic event LIVE! And I wish I didn't have the surprise spoiled for me a gazillion times...

It was quite incredible how much pace he had over the Mercedes. When I heard he had won I was thinking it had something to do with the weather... But after watching the race I can see it was a combination of a shocking strategy from Mercedes combined with Hamilton moaning about tires. Vettel drove a typical, Vettelesque race. :cloud9:

We really are in for a cracker of a season... How did Ferrari get all that pace? That is so... un-Ferrari like. They are usually always behind the 8-ball in recent times.

They also had some fantastic pit stops. I also think Alonso would be absolutely kicking himself. Wanted to win another championship before he retires, yet made an absolutely stupid move. There is no way that McLaren will win a title before he retires. And now chances are that Ferrari could win one without him.

See our F1 related articles too!