FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
Yes, this is Mercedes and they let their drivers race. There is no need anyway for them to intervene on one drivers behalf as some teams choose to do; from the last 9 races Hamilton has beaten Rosberg 8 times.
Mercedes had that luxury last year, as there was no one challenging.

IF Ferrari does challenge, or anyone else for that matter, I would imagine
Mercedes might consider all their options. Mind you, as was already noted,
Rosberg doesn't seem to be in a good place, thusfar, so they may not have
to do anything at all!
Yes, this is Mercedes and they let their drivers race. There is no need anyway for them to intervene on one drivers behalf as some teams choose to do; from the last 9 races Hamilton has beaten Rosberg 8 times.

Huh!? Last season Mercedes even with the luxury of their massive advantage had a preseason 'team order' policy and a discussion with the drivers.

And of course they employed team orders in Hungary, which Hamilton refused, and everything then boiled over in Spa!

I guess your memory fails! :wink: Of course there was Malaysia 2013 as well.

If there is sustained pressure from another team merc to's are going to happen imo.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/formula1/28517704

ps. I wouldn't be surprised that Rosberg has already gotten the word that he is the #2 based on Hamilton's performance in the races at the end of last season and his upcoming contract arrangements.
Last edited by overboost on 06 Apr 15, 03:29, edited 1 time in total.
I noticed it, too! He seems to force himself to smile and be lighthearted.
Hopefully, it's nothing in his personal life, considering his wife is with child.

Really interesting to see the differences this season vs last season in terms of driver attitude in the Merc camp.

I have never seen Hamilton so relaxed and at one with the world.

Reminds me of when Hamilton and Button were at McLaren, Jenson was doing the Jedi Mind Trick on Lewis, now it's Hamilton ruling the mind games...

Huh!? Last season Mercedes even with the luxury of their massive advantage not only had a preseason 'team order' policy and discussion with the drivers.

And of course they employed team orders in Hungary, which Hamilton refused, and everything then boiled over in Spa!

If there is sustained pressure from another team merc to's are going to happen imo.

ps. I wouldn't be surprised that Rosberg has already gotten the word that he is the #2 based on Hamilton's performance in the races at the end of last season and his upcoming contract arrangements.

No spanks, my memory doesn't fail. You think my memory would fail on things concerning Hamilton? :hehe: You know me better than that.
I didn't say there were no team orders, go read what I wrote again, I said there was no driver preference. Mercedes let their drivers race, with the proviso that they don't jepordise the team, like Spa.

Huh!? Last season Mercedes even with the luxury of their massive advantage not only had a preseason 'team order' policy and discussion with the drivers.

No spanks, my memory doesn't fail. You think my memory would fail on things concerning Hamilton? :hehe: You know me better than that.
I didn't say there were no team orders, go read what I wrote again, I said there was no driver preference. Mercedes let their drivers race, with the proviso that they don't jepordise the team, like Spa.

'spanks'?! Wasn't that was a cookingflat6 delusion before he skittered away!? He and his gang were seeing conspiracies everywhere, I guess it continues. Since you are referencing this does it mean you are now one of his followers? :wink:

Yes so now you are talking about driver 'preferences' changing the goalposts a bit. But my comment from above still applies, imo if there is sustained pressure from another team merc to's are going to happen. Merc, looking for a championship, will only let their drivers race if they have the luxury to do so. Ie. no competition.

'spanks'?! Wasn't that was a cookingflat6 delusion before he skittered away!? He and his gang were seeing conspiracies everywhere, I guess it continues. Since you are referencing this does it mean you are now one of his followers? :wink:

Yes so now you are talking about driver 'preferences' changing the goalposts a bit. But my comment from above still applies, imo if there is sustained pressure from another team merc to's are going to happen. Merc, looking for a championship, will only let their drivers race if they have the luxury to do so. Ie. no competition.

:rofl: I'm no ones follower. I call things as I see them, always. My ideas and views are my own. I have to hand it to you, your one constant through your many personas is your obsession with Cookinflat6 :wink:

Anyway, back to the question in hand. I haven't changed the goal posts at all. This is what I said...

racechick wrote:
Yes, this is Mercedes and they let their drivers race. There is no need anyway for them to intervene on one drivers behalf as some teams choose to do; from the last 9 races Hamilton has beaten Rosberg 8 times.....

That's still my stance. mercedes don't favour one driver , they let them race.

:rofl: I'm no ones follower. I call things as I see them, always. My ideas and views are my own. I have to hand it to you, your one constant through your many personas is your obsession with Cookinflat6 :wink:

Anyway, back to the question in hand. I haven't changed the goal posts at all. This is what I said...

racechick wrote:
Yes, this is Mercedes and they let their drivers race. There is no need anyway for them to intervene on one drivers behalf as some teams choose to do; from the last 9 races Hamilton has beaten Rosberg 8 times.....

That's still my stance. mercedes don't favour one driver , they let them race.

Ha! Speaking of obsession, you should read what you write RC. You are the one seeing a 'spanky' in every shadow! And now you come back and admit that you are seeing multiple 'spankies'! :wink:

As for cookingflat6 I must say he did liven the place up and I enjoyed seeing him get caught up in his own brand of 'absurd logic'. But really how could anyone be obsessed with someone who would have a tantrum and then scurry away. But then again you seem to have taken the bait?? :yes:

As for the last 9 races you mention have a listen to Mansell's prediction, maybe the results were more by design! Things did seem to change after Spa. We will see what they do this season if the going does get tough.

Mansell interview:

But Mansell reckons rather than letting the duo, who have a tempestuous relationship, compete for the title, Mercedes will use team orders to pick their champion.

“Nico Rosberg and Lewis Hamilton have got [the title] in the bag between them,” Mansell told the Alan Brazil Sports Breakfast.

“I think [who wins] is totally in the hands of the powers that be at Mercedes. Whoever is favoured by them is the person who will win the championship.

Read more at http://talksport.com/f1/exclusive-manse ... w7AWm8q.99
Keep the discussion on topic, we don't need a return to the personal crap, I am warning both of you, Racechick and Overboost to cease or official warnings will be applied to your accounts.
Apologies Myownalias, it is indeed a very bad thing to allow things to become personal on a forum. I will limit my answer to the previous posters comments on the topic and not his personal comments.

You are siting Mansell as an authority on what Mercedes driver policy might be under certain circumstances. How so? Why is Mansell an authority on Mercedes driver strategy? It is all conjecture on the part of Mansell. Also you miss the vital part of Mansells comments.

“I hope they let them fight it out at the end of the year but I’m sure if there are any other repercussions [from their rivalry] they will enforce team orders in the next"

He HOPES they let them fight it out. They did.
He's sure if there are any more repercussions the team will enforce orders. There wasn't , and they didn't.
All mercedes personel including the drivers say they are allowed to race so long as they don't jepordise the cars. Why would they all lie? It's not against the rules any more to favour one driver. But they don't , they let them race.
Also , if you put aside car issues and ' the making of points' Hamilton was as strong at the beginning of the season as the end. What was the score? 11 wins to 2?
I believe there may have been a bit of a misunderstanding.
overboost was responding to racechick's comment on the
2014 season by citing a comment made by Mansell in 2014.

Hamilton did beat Rosberg soundly and Mercedes did not
need to intervene; but, IF Ferrari is able to stay in the mix
and IF Rosberg picks up his sox, it will be interesting.

Let's also remember one thing, team orders need not be
blatant, nor need they be made public.
Interesting review of the race by James Allen.

He suggests that the best strategy to win for Merc might have been to back Rosberg for the win instead of Hamilton.

JA - "With Hamilton leading, Vettel second and Rosberg third, the only way for Mercedes to split the strategy would have been to back Rosberg for the win and pit him under the Safety Car, leaving Hamilton out to hold up Vettel. "

Rosberg was a bit quicker than LH in the race and if Rosberg had fewer cars to clear after the safety car and had support from Hamilton slowing Vettel down at the front it might have been a battle at the end between Rosberg and Vettel with Rosberg on much younger tires.

If Ferrari can continue to apply pressure in the upcoming races Merc may have to get more creative with their strategies.

http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2015/03/a ... -from-merc

See our F1 related articles too!