FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
Merc will be 3/4 of a second clear in FP3 barring any issues. The same thing happened last year in FP2 then Merc slaughtered the field by a second in FP3.
Just say some of P2. Manor looks so weird without any advertisements on it.
And, I was, kinda supporting Sauber as an overachiever until I saw the big blue
CHELSEA FC sticker on the front. Now I hate 'em........;)
An excerpt from Autosport:

"Kimi Raikkonen's headline laptimes caught the attention, as he ended both sessions in second place and exactly 0.373 seconds off the fastest Mercedes.

But it is the Finn's long-run on medium tyres in the Friday afternoon that suggests the car potentially has the pace to race with F1's dominant force.

Raikkonen completed a run of nine flying laps on the medium-compound Pirelli, setting an average laptime of 1m45.080s.

By comparison, Lewis Hamilton averaged 1m45.070s over six laps and Nico Rosberg 1m45.313s over seven laps.

Even more impressive is when you look at comparable length runs, by taking Raikkonen's averages over six and seven laps respectively to compare to the two Mercedes drivers.

Over these adjusted runs, Raikkonen was on average one tenth faster than Hamilton and three tenths quicker than Rosberg."

Raikkonen's long run times on the mediums in P2 show some progress.
Vettel P2 :D

Almost stole pole too!

Wonder if there will be words between the Mercedes regarding Rosberg's "block"?

Was he trying to cover himself by asking about Lewis' lines?
Great performance from Ferrari and Vettel to qualify on the front row for the first time in two years. Can Ferrari really challenge in Malaysia or will they have to settle for best of the rest?
Wonder if there will be words between the Mercedes regarding Rosberg's "block"?

I'd imagine it's been noted. However, what surprised and impressed me was how Hamilton handled a question about whether he had been impeded. Speaking in the post-qualifying press conference he simply said 'I don't really remember'. Brushing aside such behaviour will just further frustrate Rosberg.

TBH if Rosberg wants to win a WDC he needs to concentrate on himself, not his team-mate.

See our F1 related articles too!