FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
But I DO think it's hilarious AND sad for them to be complaining about one-team dominance and how bad it is for the sport only a year after they finished their own four-year streak of absolute dominance at the front.
Silly.

I don't disagree about the silliness.
However, I don't think you can compare the Merc dominance with the Red Bull/SV streak. It's just not the same. In two of those 4 years, SV just barely won the championship! And it was generally a much closer affair - nothing like the Merc's running off into the sunset of last year and possibly this year.
But I DO think it's hilarious AND sad for them to be complaining about one-team dominance and how bad it is for the sport only a year after they finished their own four-year streak of absolute dominance at the front.
Silly.

However, I don't think you can compare the Merc dominance with the Red Bull/SV streak. It's just not the same. In two of those 4 years, SV just barely won the championship! And it was generally a much closer affair - nothing like the Merc's running off into the sunset of last year and possibly this year.

Good points, DD!!

There's also the limit on engine development that's an advantage that Mercedes has,
whereas Red Bull didn't have that to fall back on.
Silly.

And the other 2 years, in one of which Vettel took record after record, or the 4 year streak in itself?
Everyone's playing to the same formula and had the same opportunities, what would be the point in working hard in sport to be the best if you're just going to be held back artificially (contrary to the formula) to give someone who's not done as good a job a chance to compete against you?
This season may not end up a classic, but I'm feeling sure it'll be at least eventful, with some good racing :)

That's the main thing... good racing. Whether or not this year is deemed a "classic" will obviously depend on the intensity of the title battle (if there happens to be one).

But I wouldn't really mind, providing the races are exciting to watch.
Race coverage in the UK is live on BBC1 from 07:00 on Sunday morning (for those of who don't watch the Sky coverage).

Thanks, wont have to mess around trying unsuccessfully to get sky go working this time. Now, how to plan my weekend round this :scratchchin:
My hopes for this race is Nico can challenge Lewis and the Williams duo can be in the battle also, I would like to see what Kimi can do, given Ferrari put his wheel on properly...... :rofl:
My hopes for this race is Nico can challenge Lewis and the Williams duo can be in the battle also, I would like to see what Kimi can do, given Ferrari put his wheel on properly...... :rofl:

Welcome back Vanilla Bear...I mean Jamie... :thumbup:
STATEMENT FROM WILLIAMS REGARDING VALTTERI BOTTAS

26 MAR 2015
Following the injury that Valtteri sustained to his lower back during qualifying for the Australian GP, he has been with a leading physiotherapist who has been working with Valtteri and his trainer to make sure he received the best treatment possible ahead of this weekend’s race. The team has always been fully supportive of Valtteri and his determination to return to the cockpit and following final approval by the FIA medical team in Malaysia today, we are pleased to confirm that Valtteri will be back in the FW37 this weekend for the Malaysian Grand Prix. 8-)
That's great news about Bottas, lets hope that we don't see a reoccurrence of the injury during the Malaysian grand prix weekend.
Thanks Mr. BOSSMAN! Hopefully some members remember me ;)

I remember you, welcome back into the fold, why the name change?
That's great news about Bottas, lets hope that we don't see a reoccurrence of the injury during the Malaysian grand prix weekend.
Thanks Mr. BOSSMAN! Hopefully some members remember me ;)

I remember you, welcome back into the fold, why the name change?

I'm a mature man now MOA :rofl:

Well.... Maybe a little :wink::hehe:

It's allot to ask for but I hope Bottas can provide some needed action, I know Nico will potentially be on better form but a fight I'd like to see is Bottas, Raikkonen & Rosberg :thumbup:

See our F1 related articles too!