FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
Not my fault you identify with the perceived insultees

Besides you are on record as saying the season was a boring walkover so I am sure I will get over your inability to engage the post
I don't want to come across as anti-Lewis, I'm not. The guy is one very talented driver without a doubt and a worthy winner.

but I don't honestly believe Nico really challenged him that much last year, especially after the accident at Spa, maybe Nico was ordered to hold back after that, maybe he was simply too slow, I guess we'll never know but in all honesty I can't see Nico taking it wheel to wheel with Lewis like the Senna/Prost days.
I don't want to come across as anti-Lewis, I'm not. The guy is one very talented driver without a doubt and a worthy winner.

but I don't honestly believe Nico really challenged him that much last year, especially after the accident at Spa, maybe Nico was ordered to hold back after that, maybe he was simply too slow, I guess we'll never know but in all honesty I can't see Nico taking it wheel to wheel with Lewis like the Senna/Prost days.

There was no real difference in Robbery's driving post Spa, he got told off by the team and he took a confidence knock which made him more cautious and he just want good enough.

Did you watch the Bharain 2014 F1 race?

(dont worry about not wanting to come across as anti- Lewis, no one has ever come across as anti Lewis by mistake, he is one of those marmite types :thumbup: )

There was no real difference in Robbery's driving post Spa, he got told off by the team and he took a confidence knock which made him more cautious and he just want good enough.

Spot on, race 2 - 5, Nico got as big a spanking as he did after Spa, if anything Nico actually got faster in quali. But ofcourse that doesnt sound as comforting as thinking Nico got reeled in by the team after Spa - everytime the same ""balancers"" need comforting by the thought Lewis had a walk in the park to his 2nd WDC (btw thats the best typo ever, give your iphone a biscuit :thumbup: )

And ofcourse while all this ""reeling in"" was been done the Merc board had all decided a Nico WDC was worth 10x more to the Merc brand than an overpaid Lewis

...err hold on, I think I took a wrong turn somewhere...

But ofcourse we all know Lewis could have more than 2 WDCS had he been more focussed, like Alonso and forced his way into a team capable of beating Newey for 4 years in a row, and the Brawn DD and even in his rookie year should not have unfocussed his gearbox in the last race

He should have been as focussed as Alonso and saved all his energy for 8 years by not winning a thing and then unleashing it all at once at Jerez
Not my fault you identify with the perceived insultees

Besides you are on record as saying the season was a boring walkover so I am sure I will get over your inability to engage the post

What I identify is a bias that's difficult to ignore, as it colours everything posted.
And, that's why it's impossible for you to understand why some fans didn't see the season
as exciting as if there had been some real competition on the track... from other teams!
Go Suzie!!
If you had asked me, the answer would be NFW, unless she is Ricc/Bottas/Kyviat good. Because Williams are moving beyond the "lightly fuelled show for desperate PR in testing" towards "legitimate Merc challengers and F1 top shelf class' and they will be after the best 2 drivers to help them come 2nd for the next 3 years.
Now if Susie can put in some times to make everyone sit up and start talking, she has as much chance as any male driver (notwithstanding the fact that Williams biggest benefactor in 10 years is her husband)

But if she is not better than Massa from the first lap shes out there, then no chance - the Toto factor will work against if there re quicker drivers and Frank knows whats what when it comes to drivers

Like I said earlier I really hope the talk tomorrow evening is how fast she was compare to Massa (even tho he wasnt there :hehe: )

Go Susie, show Frank you are better than cry baby!!
 wrote:">Driver line-ups - Barcelona Test One

Mercedes - Nico Rosberg: Friday and Sunday; Lewis Hamilton: Thursday and Saturday.

Red Bull - Daniel Ricciardo: Thursday and Friday; Daniil Kvyat: Saturday and Sunday.

McLaren - Fernando Alonso: Saturday and Sunday; Jenson Button: Thursday and Friday.

Ferrari - Sebastian Vettel: Saturday and Sunday; Kimi Raikkonen: Thursday and Friday.

Williams - Susie Woff: Thursday; Valtteri Bottas: Saturday and Sunday; Felipe Massa: Friday and Sunday.

Force India (2014 car) - Pascal Wehrlein: Thursday and Saturday; Sergio Perez: Friday; Nico Hulkenberg: Sunday

Toro Rosso - Carlos Sainz: Friday and Sunday Max Verstappen: Thursday and Saturday.

Lotus - Pastor Maldonado: Thursday and Saturday; Jolyon Palmer: Friday; Romain Grosjean: Sunday

Sauber - Marcus Ericsson: Friday and Saturday; Felipe Nasr: Thursday and Sunday
Go Suzie!!

RC, do you think she'll get a main drive once Massa (or Bottas considering his comments a week ago) leaves?

If she's in the ball park with her times she has a good chance. She'd be good for sponsors but her age is slightly against her.

See our F1 related articles too!