FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
Alonso has just appeared amongst much activity around his pit and done an installation lap. Then straight back in.

image.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mercedes lapping 2 seconds quicker than everyone else in their shakedown laps. And this is the slower driver.

the non-Merc fans can go home early. :D
By slowest driver you mean the fastest over a single lap?

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

No, the slower driver. As in, slower overall over a race weekend since he prefers the pole position trophy instead of a championship.
No that doesn't even make any sense. :hehe: Best you ask Cookin to explain it, he's a lot more patient than I am.
By slowest driver you mean the fastest over a single lap?

I'm sure that qualifying trophy sure looks good on Nico's mantlepiece.
Your the one that called the faster driver slower

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Bullsh!t. If you think pole position trophy equates to faster driver, you go on telling yourself that.
Technically the concept of 'fastest driver over a single lap' is an oxymoron. Other wise we could also say the 'fastest driver over a single straight or a single corner or even a single sector. The race is traditionally the metric of meaningful speed or fastnest, because it tests the driver over a wide sample set of speed - which is ofcourse why we have races

So in this instance the fastest has to be the race completer to be meaningful. I think the 'sheer 1 lap pace' thing demonstrates raw ability and balls, but in Rosbergs case theres no proof he really is faster over any distance at all IF that distance became the meaningful metric

So jabs is half correct with slower fastest driver being correct, technically and meaning Rosberg

I almost sent myself to sleep whislt reasoning that :rolleyes:
Rosberg just ticked over his 100th lap, and from onsite reporting there's been very little tire degradation and no impact on pace. Mercedes throwing down the gauntlet early.
Seems like they have good reliability.100 laps on day one...I can speak too soon however ;)

You can always hope :p
Some great pictures of the cars with closest ups of technical bits, from Sutton images compiled by Matthew Sommerfield. It's a link to keep an eye on because it's a live link that updates,
http://somersf1.blogspot.co.uk/2015/02/ ... y-one.html

See our F1 related articles too!