FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
I love the new Sauber design. Some reason, it brings back shades of the previous blue Sauber, last seen in 2005 (ten years?).

classic Sauber blue from 2001

See, I am seeing it. The lighter blue excluded...Great to see Sauber's Blue return. I prefer that livery to the basic white livery.
why not this McLaren? This is GORGEOUS!

image.jpg

Here's Will the journo's view of the lost opportunities by the livery designers to come up with sompething special.

Perhaps if Johnny Walker was still their title sponsor.
The Toro Rosso looks good.

Hard to make any judgements based on that angle, nose doesn't look bad though and I like the colour scheme.
why not this McLaren? This is GORGEOUS!

image.jpg

Here's Will the journo's view of the lost opportunities by the livery designers to come up with sompething special.

The fan designs are always the best, there's some insanely good ones out there.
For some reason I've never liked the bull artwork on the engine cover.

Different view.

:eek: how tight is the packaging at the back end!
Red Bull testing in camo. I think they should keep this its COOL!!!

scarbs reckons they're hiding something with this livery, and he's on a mission tonight to draw it and try and find out what it is.

image.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Yes was just about to post thatLiam. I hope they go radical! Orange and black or red and White.
I love the new Sauber design. Some reason, it brings back shades of the previous blue Sauber, last seen in 2005 (ten years?).

I actually prefer it to Sauber's 2005 livery, and it's definitely better than last year's. Still not amazing though, IMO. :hehe:
First time I have seen these new liveries. A bit disappointed with McLaren though, Thought they would do something a bit different with the return of Honda but all they did was give it a hint of red, other than that its still same old livery.

As has been mentioned already, Ron has indicated that this livery is not permanent.

Meanwhile, McLaren chief executive Ron Dennis added that the car's livery - standard silver and black for now - would change at some point during the year, although he would not say when.

Source: BBC F1.
First time I have seen these new liveries. A bit disappointed with McLaren though, Thought they would do something a bit different with the return of Honda but all they did was give it a hint of red, other than that its still same old livery.

As has been mentioned already, Ron has indicated that this livery is not permanent.

Meanwhile, McLaren chief executive Ron Dennis added that the car's livery - standard silver and black for now - would change at some point during the year, although he would not say when.

Source: BBC F1.

Maybe when they announce the title sponsor promised at the end of 2012?
Yes was just about to post thatLiam. I hope they go radical! Orange and black or red and White.

Well...

:thumbup: Both acceptable! Both better than the current, quite nice looking, but bland and not making any statement, sort of car. Come on McLaren! Get radical :P
That's definately my preference. Orange and some black. Nice!

See our F1 related articles too!