FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
That report from Renault was a bit long, its easy to get a glaze over the eyes trying to work out what it means, sometimes best to stick to ones own opinion just incase the facts interfere, I mean who really wants to have to reassess a situation and maybe even update an opinion?

Aitnt no expertz got time for that
It's pointless even trying to respond to those who have difficulties in interpreting data and info, yet have no issues communicating uninformed and wrong claims

One of them says
The have-not teams have to do the best they can in getting through 2015 and then prepare for the new democratic rules in 2016. Rules that hopefully drive unnecessary costs out of the over complicated engines and allow for a mechanism for the teams to continue to modify their power units race to race to close the gap.

And still doesn't understand that the teams are not able to modify PU's - and that for the engine makers to modify an engine every race for performance means a new engine design and bench test every race.
Gee I wonder what that would cost and how it would cut unnessesary costs :doh:

Another one maintains that MS designed the Hybrid

Bring back the one who said f1 engines don't have spark plugs now looks like Einstein compared to the run of the mill chimps

Cooking that is what I had pointed out and it is what I am hoping can be achieved for 2016 - the teams having the ability to make engine modifications race to race. Sorry if you read it wrong.

Sure mods would cost some money and if a team is at their $ limit then they won't be able to go faster but if they have the funds in their budget then they will be able to make a run at it. It is just part of running an F1 team to a budget. Now If they can drive those huge costs out of the over complicated engines themselves in 2016 then there would be alot more room for a given team to spend a little on being more competitive race to race be it engines or otherwise. They could afford to be innovative which imo is what F1 is all about.

Anyway why are you whining about costs? You are on record that engine reg changes cost lots of money anyway.
There is one simple fact in F1, rule changes cost money, particularly ones involving the engine

This is just part of that cost until relative parity is achieved.
:doh: the teams do not modify engines, the engine makers do, an f1 engine is not a road car engine that can be modified by a guy with a spanner. The engines are sealed units and come with a team of engine maker technicians just to start them up
It was the same with the v8s,
Wouldn't you for once like to talk about something you actually know something about?
I guess when one has nonsense of shame at failure then it doesn't matter about trying to be correct
:doh: the teams do not modify engines, the engine makers do, an f1 engine is not a road car engine that can be modified by a guy with a spanner. The engines are sealed units and come with a team of engine maker technicians just to start them up
It was the same with the v8s,
Wouldn't you for once like to talk about something you actually know something about?
I guess when one has nonsense of shame at failure then it doesn't matter about trying to be correct

Of course cooking, I was considering that the engine maker to be part of the overall 'team'.
Each engine maker must provide identical spec engines to all customers, therefore each team cannot make engine mods, instead of continue to argue a lost position, why not put the energy into reading the engine regs.
Or just stop talking :bs:
While reading some stuff today I ran across this;

- Denial means simply refusing to acknowledge that some event or pattern is real.
- Repression involves pushing uncomfortable thoughts and feelings to the far recesses of the subconscious mind.
- Reaction formation is saying or doing the opposite of what you really want but won’t allow yourself to express.
- Projection means assuming that others share the impulses, feelings, and vices that you find unacceptable in yourself.

It's actually a Freud theory that psychologists now call the "defense mechanism". Thought you'd enjoy it as it's very prevalently flung about round these parts. :twisted:
Im still trying to get my head around the scientific Mea Culpa triangle, but I am sure in time I can assimilate denial and stupidity into it and make sense of how people can actually be comfortable with avoidable failure. Yes an internet forum is annonymous and we dont care about others opinion etc

But surely the habits and behaviours one uses in real life are the same ones that govern what they post and claim on here. even if no one knows you surely there is some little bit of shame in failure? in being wrong? in getting beaten by others on a level playing field?
Why is it the fashion nowadays to say 'not everyone can win, its alright to lose, just declare mea culpa and its all gone', what happened to pride and honour?
Ofcourse there is only one winner, however if I did everything I could to be that winner then I can walk away a winner in my attempt to be a winner. Why should the one making mistakes through an inability to do their best be pacified by saying its ok to lose??

Thats whats happened to everyone, cheating, pretending, oh go and buy a 45 magnum, then you can just blow anyone away and be a winner

:censored::censored::censored:

Any way I feel a rant arriving so Ill leave it here :thumbup:
Each engine maker must provide identical spec engines to all customers, therefore each team cannot make engine mods, instead of continue to argue a lost position, why not put the energy into reading the engine regs.
Or just stop talking :bs:

It must be a 'need to have last word plus quick insult' thing with you cooking, I really think that you can't help yourself sometimes! :wink:

There is no problem with the engine makers producing an 'B' spec or a 'C' spec engine as the year progresses for it customers. All that is needed are the rule changes (yes to the engine regs!) to accommodate the process.

You seem adamant in arguing yourself into a corner all in the quest to protect a 2 sec/lap gap from fair competitive racing. All for a team you say you don't like. :eek:

But hey it is your energy cookin.
Last edited by overboost on 06 Dec 14, 20:13, edited 2 times in total.
There is no problem with the engine makers producing an 'B' spec or a 'C' spec engine for its customers as the year progresses for it customers. All that is needed are the rule changes (yes to the engine regs!) to accommodate the process.

Yep for its customers, so you have now abandoned the :bs: you mentioned earlier about the TEAMS being allowed to modify and develop the engines? Its suddenly occurred to you that the teams make chassis and the engine makers make engines - and that it has been this way for decades in F1

but, never mind , instead of just say you were wrong continue to make a twat of yourself
There is no problem withthe engine makers producing an 'B' spec or a 'C' spec engine for its customers as the year progresses for it customers. All that is needed are the rule changes (yes to the engine regs!) to accommodate the process.

Yep for its customers, so you have now abandoned the :bs: you mentioned earlier about the TEAMS being allowed to modify and develop the engines? Its suddenly occurred to you that the teams make chassis and the engine makers make engines - and that it has been this way for decades in F1

but, never mind , instead of just say you were wrong continue to make a twat of yourself

. ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ so predictable ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

It must be a 'need to have last word plus quick insult' thing with you cooking, I really think that you can't help yourself sometimes!

Three of the teams are supplying themselves engines if you consider Renault part of Red Bull and two of the teams have customers. Next with Honda/McLaren season four of the teams will supplying themselves.
Last edited by overboost on 06 Dec 14, 20:23, edited 6 times in total.
Integrity is good

I can agree with that.
........The have-not teams have to do the best they can in getting through 2015 and then prepare for the new democratic rules in 2016.....

OB - how are the 2015 rules not democratic?

For 2015 Merc has vetoed the majority. In 2016 the engine rules will be decided by majority vote.

See our F1 related articles too!