FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
I think Ferrari are happy with him walking with no payment either way. But Alonso wouldn't walk till he 'decided' in case he preferred to be paid off. Ferrari let him leave.

Right now McLaren are just trying to save some face for Jenson by 'deciding' which driver to keep

All this was agreed ages ago, just Alonso trying to sausage Ron about and make the media think he is in control

For me the moment it was done was when RoGro resigned for Lotus

I hope Button gets a drive for Toyota alongside Ant Davidson, that would allow him to withdraw with dignity and to prevent his Bbc buddies going medieval on McLaren and Ron for the next seasons moaning
Tbh I think Jenson can hold his head high when he leaves. He has had a career a lot longer than most drivers manage in F1, plus he has won a world championship. In years to come that is what will be written in the history books.
If Button leaves McLaren, I wouldn't mind Ferrari taking Button for next year. I doubt he would do any worse than Raikkonen has this year.

Ouch!
If Button leaves McLaren, I wouldn't mind Ferrari taking Button for next year. I doubt he would do any worse than Raikkonen has this year.

Petafromkimi is going to have such a go at you.
:rofl: don't remind me if that. that was just SOOOO funny!!
:rofl: don't remind me if that. that was just SOOOO funny!!

The pm I got was amazing

From him? Why was he so pissed at that?
I remember my reply was, I think you missed an S out of Toser

:rofl::rofl:
We all know that Jenson will be in the third car at McLaren next season after Sauber, Force India and Toro Rosso leave the grid because of profit sharing disparity!
Dont do it Jenson, dont turn on the team, leave with dignity, thank the team for the 4 years on a top wage, thank the team for giving you the seat. DO NOT turn on the team after your history of disloyalty. Do not erase whatever credit you have earned for assuming the role of the loyal servant that understands how F1 works and wants the best for the team and his rookie teammate.

I know this thread started on this premise but it would be good for all if Jenson doesnt revert to the form we have seen before

Jenson Button has given a thinly veiled critique of his McLaren team, as one of the most protracted transfer sagas in Formula One history nears its conclusion.
Through a maze of metaphors, Button gave his strongest public indication yet of his displeasure at McLaren’s handling of his future, which will be confirmed with the signing of Fernando Alonso before the final race of the season in Abu Dhabi, on Nov 23.
Alonso is finalising a deal which will mean he is partnered with rookie Kevin Magnussen, leaving Button with no team after 15 seasons in the sport. After a storming drive to fourth in Sunday’s Brazilian Grand Prix, with his team-mate Magnussen ninth, Button likened his predicament to being left off the invitation list for the family Christmas party.
The 34-year-old said: “I feel that I bring a lot to a team, not just in terms of results but in terms of marketing within a team and working with sponsors, and how I can help develop a car.
“You want to feel like you are wanted within a team and part of the family. It’s like if your parents were to turn round and say, ‘You know what, we’re not sure if we want you at Christmas this year. But your brother can come, he’s great’.

“You want to feel like you are part of the family and that they want you to be a part of the family and that’s more important than cash.”
The 2009 world champion indicated in Sao Paulo that he could walk away from the Woking-based team even in the unlikely event he were to be offered the drive for 2015.
Like almost all McLaren drivers – Lewis Hamilton, Kimi Raikkonen, and even Alonso during his first stint with the team – Button has reached the end of his tether with Ron Dennis, the company chairman. Dennis infamously told Button to “try harder” this year, which didn’t go down well.
Button’s management have still not been informed of a firm decision, but the driver’s demeanour and talk of challenges outside F1 point to a man heading for the exit. Richard Goddard, his manager, has been negotiating a future in sports car racing, most likely with Audi.
Even though Button’s superb performance at Interlagos may make the McLaren hierarchy wonder if they are jettisoning the wrong driver, financial necessity dictates they cannot pair him with Alonso. They have had to break the bank to bring the Spaniard to McLaren seven years after he left in the midst of the ‘Spygate’ affair.
With the help of new engine supplier Honda, his deal will be worth £32 million a year, while Magnussen’s salary will rise to just £1 million. Button is on £13 million, making a partnership with Alonso unaffordable.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/motorsport/formulaone/jenson-button/11221874/Jenson-Button-hits-out-at-uncaring-McLaren-as-exit-moves-closer.html

See our F1 related articles too!