FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
Bitter pill for some or a well fought for honor for others. Regardless of how you see it, this weekend could see Lewis Hamilton be crowned the winningest British F1 driver of all time.

Interesting tidbits from the F1.com site.
First world championship US Grand Prix: 1959, Sebring (won by Bruce McLaren, Cooper-Climax)

Number of US Grands Prix: 35 (Watkins Glen - 20; Indianapolis - 8; Phoenix - 3; Austin - 2;
Sebring, Riverside - 1)

Additional Formula One Grands Prix in the US:* 18 (Long Beach - 8; Detroit - 7; Las Vegas - 2; Dallas - 1)
*Not including the Indianapolis 500, which was officially a world championship round between 1950 and 1960.
Doesn't mean much. I want the guy to be the winningest driver on the current grid and he's got a few more to catch up to Vettel.
Doesn't mean much. I want the guy to be the winningest driver on the current grid and he's got a few more to catch up to Vettel.

True, but the season ain't done yet and next year is around the corner. :)
Mario Andretti and Bobby Epstein of Cota offer F1 sound advice on promoting itself

Epstein added: “F1 has got to make the sport about personalities. That’s what Nascar does very well. Formula One can learn a lot from Nascar, from Hollywood. People connect with people. They don’t connect with metal. I would encourage the teams to make a priority the accessibility that the fans have to the drivers.

Look at Lewis Hamilton. F1 should get him out there as much as they can, because he’s a great driver and a very good ambassador. The more Mercedes let him step out and be himself, the better. He’s an incredibly marketable guy. FI could look at the model of [US] PGA golfers, who have got really close to their fans.”

i think we all knew that Lewis is probably the only thing holding the sport together :hehe:
Transcended the sport. Goddamnit, I used that word again! :gone:
This season has been so good, I'm inspired to create a fake forum member and call him F2014. :cloud9:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
This season has been so good, I'm inspired to create a fake forum member and call him F2014. :cloud9:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Ahh so this account is fake/created my an existing member? (memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=16206)

I know I've been out of the loop, and I can't help but enquire, but... who created it?

it would have to be a member who is completely comfortable in misleading other members, and completely comfortable in breaking the morality rules of common decency and the forum regulations prohibiting the direct insulting of other members - the ID used doesnt make a difference to this fundamental and rigorously enforced rule
Its not me as I would not be able to remember which ID I was pretending to uphold the rules on and which one I was showing my true colours - it would have to be a hardened liar and twister of the truth as well as one with creepy and antisocial tendencies, not many could pull off this double act.

i even tried to overlay 2 sets of posts side by side from 2 randomly picked member IDs to demonstrate how hard it is to work out these things

Cheech and chong in full flight. :rofl:

tweedledee or was it tweedledum.

In moving to hybrid we are transferring from a plentiful and renewable fuel source (food for the ICE) to one of the rarest and most finite commodities on earth which is essentially only found in one location on the planet

You can't be so stupid can you. You never heard of bio fuel and you really don't know that diesel engines have no spark plugs

You are completely right. We will all be driving clean safe nuclear boosted electric cars in a few years. F1 will be dust. And Formula E will be the pinnacle of motor sport. :)

Biomass can come from water, oceans, algae, garbage dumps, sewerage as well as what you grow. But you go on living in your lalalala land thinking the forumla e cars were so green seemings as they got their electricity from nice clean safe NUCLEAR power in China. Lets stick those nice clean spent rods up you and then tell us how clean it is.
Last edited by CookinFlat6 on 28 Oct 14, 13:36, edited 1 time in total.
I gotta say this descision by Vettel/Red Bull to sit out qualifying and start from pit lane is a pretty sorry state. Way to give the fans as "show" as him starting from the pits is going to affect anything. :rolleyes:

See our F1 related articles too!