FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
And me. :)

Ferrari's chances lie mainly in the hands of Alonso, one assumes...
By Hammer278
Pi$$ed or not I'm sure the Fonz will want to race his heart out....since he has no drive for 2015 and all. How bout that....self proclaimed "Decision Maker" is looking for a seat. As it is he's a pay driver, with Santander and all. Hmpffffff

Short n sweet rant.
Pi$$ed or not I'm sure the Fonz will want to race his heart out....since he has no drive for 2015 and all. How bout that....self proclaimed "Decision Maker" is looking for a seat. As it is he's a pay driver, with Santander and all. Hmpffffff

Short n sweet rant.

Fred's drive is already secure with McLaren. Whilst there may not be dried ink, in principle, it's done. Uncle Ron was very careful in how he worded his response the other day when he said "I'm going to tell you a simple fact. We do not have a contract with any driver at this moment in time." That just means the paper is not signed. Not sure why they (teams) like to play that game with the media and fans when we all know it's happening. Vettel stole everyone's thunder so I suspect Honda/McLaren are trying to time their announcement so as to make a splash. I suppose this strategy would be good for prospective title sponsors too.

Such tedious fun! :yawn:
By Hammer278
Maybe so, but I still want to see official confirmation. F1 is so fickle to me, I mean this is the guy who slated McLaren left and right publicly, condemning the team, saying he was so glad to GTFO when he left to Renault. And now he's going back there...everything's forgotten? And RD....is he REALLY going to sign up this prima donna again.

I know its all over the unofficial news but I still need to see it official.
The deal has to involve Santander and that's why it's not done yet. I wouldn't be surprised if McLaren will announce them as a title sponsor or something, two birds one stone.
Maybe so, but I still want to see official confirmation. F1 is so fickle to me, I mean this is the guy who slated McLaren left and right publicly, condemning the team, saying he was so glad to GTFO when he left to Renault. And now he's going back there...everything's forgotten? And RD....is he REALLY going to sign up this prima donna again.

I know its all over the unofficial news but I still need to see it official.

You know what's amusing to me, Hammer? It's a lot easier for Alonso to go back to McLaren cuz there's no one to challenge him. Though McLaren have their "equal" driver status, Alonso will be the #1 by default. Our Mags, if...IF he is retained, will still be in a ramp up period, learning his race craft whereas Alonso will be the one McLaren and Honda lean heavily on for development, leadership and stability. I think he, Alonso, would poo himself if Lewis decided to come back in 2016. :rofl:

Now THAT would be much fun!
By Jax
Seeing how well Bottas is running this weekend, if Williams can get Massa's car back on track, this could be the weekend that sees Williams pull away from the boys in red.
By spankyham
It will take a considerable chunk of luck and a form turn around for Kimi, for Ferrari to end up ahead of Williams.
By Frontrunner
The deal has to involve Santander and that's why it's not done yet. I wouldn't be surprised if McLaren will announce them as a title sponsor or something, two birds one stone.

So "Santander Honda McLaren" or "Santander McLaren Honda" perhaps
By CookinFlat6

So "Santander Honda McLaren" or "Santander McLaren Honda" perhaps

It would have to be Santander Honda-Mclaren Honda or Santander Mclaren Honda, it could only be Santander Honda Mclaren if Honda had bought into McLaren and changed the team name entry to Honda McLaren
The rules say Sponsor - Team entry - Engine, except when the Team entry is an engine works deal - Like mercedes or ferrari then its just Sponsor - Team entry or just team entry
By sagi58
It will take a considerable chunk of luck and a form turn around for Kimi, for Ferrari to end up ahead of Williams.

You're forgetting about Massa... he's not the most reliable driver, is he? :nono:
By Hammer278

You're forgetting about Massa... he's not the most reliable driver, is he? :nono:

Still doing way better than Kimi, comparatively...the points difference between the two teammates in Ferrari is simply embarrassing.
By 1Lemon
To be fair Ferrari V Williams should just be Bottas V Alonso at this point...

See our F1 related articles too!