FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
I don't know if Hamilton or Rosberg are going to be able to race with Ricciardo who is showing that he is the most gifted driver on the track this season.

With their massive car advantage seemingly dulled this weekend it could all come down to driver skill set amongst top two teams. If this is the case look for another Ricciardo victory.

good opinion, the great thing is we will finally have some facts to back that up tomorrow as this is the first time Riccs car is good enough to compete and he starts just behind.
he should really win if he is the best driver, as his Senna like talent will make up for the minute car difference on this track

lets gloat after the race :thumbup:

Very impressive gifted driving from Ricc to be beaten by his teamate who started behind, yup must be the most gifted on the grid :thumbup:
Easily Hamilton's best drive of his career today, rivaling that of Monaco 2008. I still hate the guy though - but today's results cancel out any advantage Rosberg gained in Spa.

Vettel is conducting himself with great dignity after how terrible the season has been for him. I was really hoping for a win from him, but it was clearly the wrong strategy to stay on those tires. It would have been beneficial for Red Bull to split the strategy - but Vettel was too concerned about covering Ricciardo. Think - if Vettel pitted whilst Ricciardo stayed out, Hamilton and his engineers would have had quite a dilemna on their hands! In that situation would they cover Vettel or Ricciardo?
Easily Hamilton's best drive of his career today, rivaling that of Monaco 2008. I still hate the guy though - but today's results cancel out any advantage Rosberg gained in Spa.

Vettel is conducting himself with great dignity after how terrible the season has been for him. I was really hoping for a win from him, but it was clearly the wrong strategy to stay on those tires. It would have been beneficial for Red Bull to split the strategy - but Vettel was too concerned about covering Ricciardo. Think - if Vettel pitted whilst Ricciardo stayed out, Hamilton and his engineers would have had quite a dilemna on their hands! In that situation would they cover Vettel or Ricciardo?

idk Azza, once lewis opened up the legs of that Merc, it looked pretty unstoppable, regardless if Red bull put on fresh rubber, I think 2-3 finish was the best that they could get after Nico retire.
#HAMMERTIME

Only 1 word required to describe that performance. Again, having to do it the hard way after Mercedes strategy mutts almost lost an easy win when RB and Ferrari were smarter today. The car and Lewis bailed them out big time. Did anyone see the consistency in those laptimes? Un-f*ckin-real. :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Special mention to the d!*khead stewards today, Alonso jumping TWO cars at the start, giving back place to 1 and "no action taken". Again, Ferrari get off scot free for which any other driver from another team would've got a rap on the knuckles for....that was a 5 second penalty hands down. Even with cheating, playing it cunning during Safety cars, they were denied a podium, eat that.

Great job by RB, after Lewis I was keeping an eye for both Redbulls to beat the scumbag Ferrari and they did.

Overall, great race and the WDC is back on track. The luck is finally almost levelling out for Hamilton. I'd be more than happy for both Mercs to be bullet proof from here on in.....but won't put any money on that. :P

GREAT RACE!!
Lewis certainly was stunning today! Nailed it!! Get in there!!!! :P:D:thumbup:
#HAMMERTIME

Only 1 word required to describe that performance. Again, having to do it the hard way after Mercedes strategy mutts almost lost an easy win when RB and Ferrari were smarter today. The car and Lewis bailed them out big time. Did anyone see the consistency in those laptimes? Un-f*ckin-real. :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

It turned out that the guys that stayed out (lewis and perez) did better by being able to nail it to the end where everyone else was "Driving like their grandma" - Felipe Massa. So i dont blame Merc for that call, Felt it would have been more obvious to go on the Softs 2nd stop and save the Super Softs to the end when i was watching tho to cover a SC but hey WHAT A RESULT! :D

I was arguing in chat with Sagi that Alonso would win after he was 4th after the stop under the SC, couldnt see Lewis making that gap up, He proved me wrong ofc as usual :)

Cant wait for the next 5 races :drink: Just hope reliability dosnt rear its ugly head (it will i'm sure)

Gawwwrrrn Lewis bring it home!! :clap::clap::clap:
Merc put themselves on a tightrope for no reason, when they should've switched Lewis to the primes on his 2nd stop. If they had done that, there would be no panic, at worst they'd have a Redbull catching up a bit for a few laps before fading away again. With what they did, they exposed themselves to any of the rest of the 17 cars screwing something up for another SC to come out and that would put Lewis in 4th or 5th depending on when the SC came out. What turned out was the best case scenario - no SC after.

Especially on this crap track which is so freaking long and it takes like 8 laps just to remove pieces of a front wing and for backmarkers to turtle their way around and catch back up again. They really need to do something about this unlapping thing, especially on this long pain-in-the-a$$ circuit.
...I was arguing in chat with Sagi that Alonso would win after he was 4th after the stop under the SC, couldnt see Lewis making that gap up, He proved me wrong ofc as usual :)

Wish I'd been wrong!! But, I can't deprive you of this joy!! :wink:
Merc put themselves on a tightrope for no reason, when they should've switched Lewis to the primes on his 2nd stop. If they had done that, there would be no panic, at worst they'd have a Redbull catching up a bit for a few laps before fading away again. With what they did, they exposed themselves to any of the rest of the 17 cars screwing something up for another SC to come out and that would put Lewis in 4th or 5th depending on when the SC came out. What turned out was the best case scenario - no SC after.

Especially on this crap track which is so freaking long and it takes like 8 laps just to remove pieces of a front wing and for backmarkers to turtle their way around and catch back up again. They really need to do something about this unlapping thing, especially on this long pain-in-the-a$$ circuit.

Yep agreed with that. The damage was done in the first pit stop and it could've been costly.

With the amount of time it took to clear that front wing, it would've been better to simply red flag the race. Quite ridiculous actually.

See our F1 related articles too!