FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
By Hammer278
What if the radio doesn't work (which WILL happen at some point)....can they use pit boards to tell drivers when to pit?

Or just leave the driver out there to roast? All the efforts of a race weekend down the drain because of some static in the radio.

They're taking this quite a bit too far.
By F2004
It wont make much difference to the drivers cause they did most their racing up to F1 without radio anyways.
It wont make much difference to the drivers cause they did most their racing up to F1 without radio anyways.

Did most of these previous series have ERS-K and ERS-H and all the system management side?

its true though, a granny can drive to the shops in her Nissan Sunny without a radio so all the drivers wont even notice after 12 races of using it :eek:
They could get the car to play a WAV file of the engineer saying "Box Box Box"

Maybe they could have it say nice things at random times to the driver.

Sent using NCC-1701

Sent using NCC-1701

Just hardwire http://www.5minutequickie.com/ into one of the buttons on the steering wheel :whip:

.WAV file? what are you living in the 1990's?
No I did not say cassette player lol.

Plus I know you love my anarchism to previous era.

Sent using NCC-1701

Anarchism: a political theory holding all forms of governmental authority to be unnecessary and undesirable and advocating a society based on voluntary cooperation and free association of individuals and groups .

Anachronism: a chronological misplacing of persons, events, objects, or customs in regard to each other.
A person or a thing that is chronologically out of place; especially : one from a former age that is incongruous in the present.

Now Jabbsy, are you an anarchist or just an anachronistic fuddy-duddy? :P

Sent using NCC-1701

Anarchism: a political theory holding all forms of governmental authority to be unnecessary and undesirable and advocating a society based on voluntary cooperation and free association of individuals and groups .

Anachronism: a chronological misplacing of persons, events, objects, or customs in regard to each other.
A person or a thing that is chronologically out of place; especially : one from a former age that is incongruous in the present.

I think he meant to say antichrist.

Sent using NCC-1701

Just hardwire http://www.5minutequickie.com/ into one of the buttons on the steering wheel :whip:

i am sure they will have AI versions of these lines soon that the 'excitable' guy paying by credit card wouldnt notice. Theres some big money to be made by not having to pay grandmothers to pretend she is a hot chick.
Maybe they could do the same for the F1 drivers 'yes Philippe turn the steering wheel now'
John Watson, on the radio clampdown bit and how it will affect the Lewis/Nico Championship battle: "If you take away a lot of the, what you might call, 'driver assists' it's going to come down to those with the spare capacity. My assumption is [that will be] someone like Rosberg, Alonso, Vettel and possibly Ricciardo." Expanding on the intra-team battle at Mercedes, five-time race winner Watson said: "In my thought, Rosberg is intellectually superior to Lewis. I would imagine that because of that he's going to gain an advantage." (Source: http://www.gpupdate.net/en/f1-news/316302/watson-rosberg-to-gain-from-new-radio-rules/)

Spare capacity?!!! Intellectually superior?!!! Here we go again. Mr. Watson, why not come right out and say what you really mean—Lewis is a right dunce! #zerorespectforwatson
What he means is that black drivers have physical strength, brawn and instinct, whereas other have intellect and strategy

actually I might have mixed that up with quarterbacks in American football, or maybe it was soccer players in the UK, or maybe it was about the boxers in the 30's

Whatever i am sure Watson is right although I would think an ability to manage your fuel and tyres better even whilst driving faster would trump knowing when to change your brake bias forward because the ambient temperature variable was degrading the ERS-K harvest by 0.03% hereby requiring a recaliberation of optimum arrival horizons

1 things for sure we will soon find out :rolleyes:

Sent using NCC-1701

What if I told you I was both

Sent using NCC-1701

See our F1 related articles too!