FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.

Will Button be with McLaren Honda in 2015

Yes
32%
No
68%
GPUpdate – Jenson Button has admitted that he could be forced into retirement at the end of the 2014 season.

McLaren is taking time over its future line-up ahead of Honda's return as its engine partner, with Racing Director Eric Boullier conceding that the situation is "uncomfortable" for Button and rookie team-mate Kevin Magnussen.

Sebastian Vettel and Fernando Alonso are reportedly being chased by the outfit and, with Magnussen an in-house product, former World Champion Button is seen as the man most likely to fall should a change occur.

"We haven't sat down and talked about it," he told BBC Sport. "If I have to retire at the end of the season then so be it, but I feel I have so much more to give and I can't imagine life without motorsport and especially Formula 1."

Button has raced for McLaren since 2010, switching from Brawn GP after claiming his sole title to date.
Maybe he knows it's game over so he's saving a bit of face?
I just re looked at it. 1st time I thought it was side on lol

OK!! I'll buy that reasoning!!
Good thing you didn't think the appendage was coming from its face!!
Mind you... that would mean there were some very happy flies around!!
Last edited by sagi58 on 30 Aug 14, 15:10, edited 1 time in total.
Its going to be hard for RD to poach a star driver for 2015, I think the big names will want to wait and see how the McLaren looks next year with its new Honda donk in the back. If it looks competitive then some of the big names will be interested for 2016, especially with contracts ending and contract clauses coming into play. So think JB will go around again, and he'll probably just be giving the McLaren-Honda a demo run in 2015 for the likes of Alonso, Vettel and Hamilton to see how good the package is.
They are Japanese, so they will be better than Renault that's for sure.

See our F1 related articles too!