FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Discuss your own car, automotive news and latest supercar launches.
Rupert Murdoch? He isn't a scientist.

No, he's not, but its him and his media pedaling your posted story about increasing ice (although they fail to mention its sea ice) in the Antarctic.

I've read about the increase in Antarctic ice and the reasons for global warming in lots of places but not newspapers.
But we have to reduce dependency on fossil fuels anyway.

Correct, and that means we have to stop expanding the uses for coal fired electricity generation. In the UK 3/4 of power is produced from burning fossil fuels. Anything you add that derives power from that grid is increasing the burning of those fossil fuels.

Evidence also suggests that using biofuels isn't that green and in some cases raises emissions. ( I've posted a link to that previously) So yes, we need a solution, but biofuels are looking increasingly like their not the right solution.

If you are really interested, read some of what I have posted earlier. What you are quoting is based on very old biofuel production. Even so, if you read that, it does say that even on that old wrong technology, in time it still will go negative. And going negative is a must - we have to reverse the damage we have done. Read on the newer biofuels and you will see it's achievable. Even IEA reports (IEA Task 39) dating back to 2010 support this.
Rupert Murdoch? He isn't a scientist.

No, he's not, but its him and his media pedaling your posted story about increasing ice (although they fail to mention its sea ice) in the Antarctic.

I've read about the increase in Antarctic ice and the reasons for global warming in lots of places but not newspapers.

I just posted a link that refers to him pushing that.

I'm sure you know that global warming is a fact and that the sheet ice is melting. That fact that its melting so fast in the Antarctic to increase sea ice is something to be worried even more about. Global warming is a fact.
How about forumula1 random members top 20 clinically ignorant claims about biofuels and algae

I like your honest self-criticism, although I'm sure you've racked up more than 20 :thumbup:
How about forumula1 random members top 20 clinically ignorant claims about biofuels and algae

I like your honest self-criticism, although I'm sure you've racked up more than 20 :thumbup:

This is number 1 on the all time list

Corn is a relatively inefficient base for bio-fuels, it is however convenient.

Convenient if we never ever have to eat again

Top clowning
:rofl::rofl::rofl:
The thickos guide to biofuel and electric
Don't use electric cars because they add carbon by being charged with coal stations
Use biofuels because they only emit 60% of conventional fossil fuels
Emitting only 60% every journey is much better than a fractional emission cost at the start of your journey.
Biofuel fired power stations powered by algae in the future would be negative emission and so let's scape electric
There is no argument anymore, only diversion into new arguments like Global warming refusniks and the usual desperate contradictions and twisting of ones own posts to save face

i.e someone is arguing against themselves within the same posts :rolleyes:

e.g even a vague claim that Audi are somehow into biofuels over electric turns out to be from an article that concludes with this

“Our test shows that as well as electric driving on renewable electricity, there are other concepts that permit long-distance, low-emission driving,” commented Reiner Mangold.

Just the usual garden variety buffoonery we get when those in a hole are unable to stop digging
And anytime now we will get your solution for that - a pm explaining that its against a forum rule (newly created by a moderator) to argue with moderators in public and the 1 warning notice in my Avatar will change to 2 warnings and I will mysteriously turn around in the open forum and suddenly declare 'SPANKY WAS RIGHT ALL ALONG'

And every member will start to take spanky/f2004 seriously and not treat him like the forum f!ckwith

does trying the same sh!t twice and expecting different results a sign of competence???
You :heart: Mr Musk :rolleyes:

But you are in good company - Daimler were shareholders (althought they now sold their share - a sign they are now going to be direct competitors) and BMW are looking to take a possible controlling interest - Mr Musk is gonna be seriously rich

See our F1 related articles too!