FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
I think this GP was the second time I'd ever rooted for vettel....seems WB is right. I pick drivers that find a way to lose. Soon as I was cheering for vettel to keep holding hamilton up, he spun out.

You must feel so dirty. You cheered for Vettel, you cheered for VETTEL?
Yeah I thought geet was a man of principles.

Beer
Webber
Maldonado (since he crashed out Hamilton) :hehe:
Rosberg (out of nowhere)
Vettel can f*%k off

But it seems the 5th principle has been compromised.....
Horner weighing in on Hamilton's side regarding the team orders debate. Says it's strange after letting them race all season that they come in with team orders that would allow Rosberg to run an optimum and fastest strategy.

http://m.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/115199
I think we are seeing in this race the old guard being pushed aside by the future champion!

You have noticed Ricc is beating his teammate then :thumbup:

which amazing bit of skill would you say Ricc pulled that was better than Lewis' pass on JEV?

Hamilton in a Mercedes passing Toro Rosso on shot tires, I mean it was a good pass but he had a massive advantage. Grosjean's pass on Massa last year in the same spot was much more spectacular.

Ricciardo's pass on Hamilton and then on Alonso for the win was very impressive. And in the prior race vs Alonso he was clearly on another level.
I think we are seeing in this race the old guard being pushed aside by the future champion!

which amazing bit of skill would you say Ricc pulled that was better than Lewis' pass on JEV?

Hamilton in a Mercedes passing Toro Rosso on shot tires, I mean it was a good pass but he had a massive advantage. Grosjean's pass on Massa last year in the same spot was much more spectacular.

Ricciardo's pass on Hamilton and then on Alonso for the win was very impressive. And in the prior race vs Alonso he was clearly on another level.

Nice to see you're willing to disagree with yourself, just to take a dig at the guy you hate. :thumbup:
All responsibilities go out the window when your "employer" gives you a car that catches fire and a car that makes you crash into a barrier when the brake rotor explodes. If we continue with the employer/employee analogy, you'd think a driver would have grounds for a law suit because of an unsafe led to a crash. This is a WDC championship that is being contested, that the request was asking Lewis to potentially hand over an additional 13 points to a driver he's been behind on points primarily because the Mercedes he's driving keeps blowing up is a bit surreal.

If Nico wanted to win, he should have driven like he wanted to win, (more like Ricciardo) instead of driving like he was entitled to win. The WCC best results is a bunk pseudo explanation because they're currently leading the championship by 180 or so points, and losing three points to Red Bull yesterday is not bad, considering what they asked Hamilton to do to get his 15 points.

In this sport it not just about being fast, or being faster than the other guy, it's about doing it when it counts. And it doesn't matter how fast you are if you can't overtake the guy in front of you because of a tight circuit all the speed goes out the window. It happens in Monaco all the time. I think yesterday the faster driver did show on the track, everyone on the podium earned the spot.

What's more fundamental is that Lewis and Nico are most certainly NOT employees of Mercedes, they are independent contractors. This might not seem like much, but in a legal sense it affects the rights and responsibilities of both the company and the individual massively. Their individual contracts will have been individually negotiated at length and will be markedly different from one another. I'm pretty sure that certainly Lewis and possibly Nico will each have a clause stating that where a team 'order' is given, this is advisory and open to challenge by the driver as they evaluate the 'order' in the context of what is going on around them on the circuit as they see it. There's no way Lewis would have taken the gamble (because at the time it was of course a gamble) to move to Mercedes without his contract being heavily loaded in his favour in an unrestricted racing sense.

Didn't Grosjean get a penalty ? all 4 wheels off the track ? much more impressive :rofl:

Didn't Grosjean get a penalty ? all 4 wheels off the track ? much more impressive :rofl:

Next he'll say Ericssons crash in Hungary was much more impressive than Hamiltons first lap spin.

What a *****. Don't these *****s check their posts before hitting submit? :bs:

Yes he unfortunately got a penalty which is a shame as the pass was very brave. Even Massa thought the penalty was a joke.

Yes he unfortunately got a penalty which is a shame as the pass was very brave. Even Massa thought the penalty was a joke.

so you will agree that Hamilton's pass round the outside and managing to keep all 4 wheels of the car on the track is a bit more impressive ?

P.s who cares what Massa thinks ?

Riccs pass on fresh tyres of Alonso and Lewis on 32 lap old tyres was very impressive indeed. But Lewis' pass on old tyres of Vergne on old tyres could have been done by anyone?

This is what really happened - Seb outqualifying Ricc mentally destroyed Ricc and he was lost until he got saved by the SC otherwise Seb would have lapped him, discuss
Riccs pass on fresh tyres of Alonso and Lewis on 32 lap old tyres was very impressive indeed. But Lewis' pass on old tyres of Vergne on old tyres could have been done by anyone?

This is what really happened - Seb outqualifying Ricc mentally destroyed Ricc and he was lost until he got saved by the SC otherwise Seb would have lapped him, discuss

Cookin you my friend are one of the funniest people I know, The level of trolling is phenomenal!

See our F1 related articles too!