FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
These are the same guys that said Nico parked it on purpose in Monaco, should we listen to them now or then or on both events?

But I'm an open minded guy, intent, okay maybe not and I'm willing to accept that. However the nincampoopness of attempting an overtake that was NEVER going to work and that we've seen penalties issued time and time again for "avoidable contact" were not issued. This in the same race that saw a McLaren driver receive a very harsh penalty where there was NO contact. We just have to accept it as a racing incident and move on... it feels an awful lot like that's only because Hamilton is the one getting the short end of the stick leaving Spa 29 points out instead of 4 points out, but onwards and upwards I guess.

He wrote: "In the days since the Belgian Grand Prix in Spa, I have spent a lot of time thinking about what happened during the race and discussing it with the team. I have already expressed my regret about the incident, but after meeting with Toto, Paddy and Lewis today, I wish to go a step further and describe it as an error of judgement on my part.

"The number one rule for us as teammates is that we must not collide but that is exactly what happened. For that error of judgement, I apologize to Lewis and the team. I also want to say sorry to the fans who were deprived of our battle for the lead in Belgium.
Its the old story of F1 drivers swiping at the party who is more a threat. Alonso and Seb have more to gain by Lewis on the defensive than Nico.

Anyway anyone with half a brain can see that Nico lost his rag after the butt hurt of being dusted of the line by 2 cars despite sitting in an invincible monster of a car. The same guys would have you know that you cant win on the first or second lap of a 44 lap race.

And for those with less than half a brain, Nico himself confirmed that he was reacting for emotional relief and not clinical strategy or technique - the biggest no no of all for the pro driver. And ofcourse Alonso will know all about butthurt drivers acting on inpulse at the cost of a couple of titles. Bet Alonso regrets fleeing to Renault from a competitive Mclaren when 'emotionalised' by Rons rookie

As for Seb I reckon his own hissy fit is yet to come as the season draws to an end and he realises he has screwed his stats beyond all recognition
Nico says it's all fine now everyone's had a little 'chat' and going forward we know what we have to do ( not crash)

But wasn't that the golden rule before? Don't crash into your team mate? Especially deliberately? So going forward he's laughing all the way to what he hopes is his first championship with 25 points stolen from Lewis and less races for Lewis to get the points back fairly....because it's only Nico who's cheated his way forward. :beans::knob::thumbdown::thumbdown:
RC can you believe that only ONE forum member has stepped up to take this bet? Simple, straight forward, yet still trepidation exists. :hehe:
Even the bookies are giving Nico the nod at this point, you'd think we'd have a line of people around the block, looking to show those pompous Hamilton fans up.

NHcheese, you're the standard bearer and a big ups to you for that.

Since Nico has such an overwhelming lead that he just "can't lose" anyone picking him should put more skin in the game.

If Nico wins, Lewis supporters have to have their signature until the Australian season opener be;

Nico Rosberg is the WDC and he beat Lewis Hamilton fair and square.

Conversly if Nico loses, then the signature for his supporters will be;

I'm a Lewis Hamilton h8r and it burns my @ss that he's now a two time WDC.

I'll take that bet with anyone willing to go through with it.
By sagi58
RC can you believe that only ONE forum member has stepped up to take this bet?

Unfortunately, you're discounting those of us who really aren't interested in that bet.
If Alonso/Kimi were in that fight, I'd be there with bells on. :P
This is a bet about who is going to WIN the championship. Ferrari is no where near that neighborhood I fear. No joy in Mudville. :(
Come on, the bet is easy, harmless. :thumbup:
By LRW
RC can you believe that only ONE forum member has stepped up to take this bet? Simple, straight forward, yet still trepidation exists. :hehe:
Even the bookies are giving Nico the nod at this point, you'd think we'd have a line of people around the block, looking to show those pompous Hamilton fans up.

Since Nico has such an overwhelming lead that he just "can't lose" anyone picking him should put more skin in the game.

If Nico wins, Lewis supporters have to have their signature until the Australian season opener be;

Ill take that bet. If its not too late. My signature could do with an update. Hamilton will not win the WDC. I want him to, so bad. But he wont.

Ill take that bet. If its not too late. My signature could do with an update. Hamilton will not win the WDC. I want him to, so bad. But he wont.

And then there were two. :thumbup:

Although, I must note that you're unexpectedly "playing the system" into a win/win situation. :irked:
RC can you believe that only ONE forum member has stepped up to take this bet?

Unfortunately, you're discounting those of us who really aren't interested in that bet.
If Alonso/Kimi were in that fight, I'd be there with bells on. :P

Spot on. I honestly don't care who wins the title. If I really had to choose i'd pick Ricciardo as in my opinion both Mercedes drivers have acted like spoilt brats at some point this season. Personally I think Lewis and Nico have been as bad as each other with their squabbling this season.

All I really care about is seeing Alonso win a race. Having a winless Ferrari season for the first time in my life (im not counting 1993 as i wasnt alive the whole season) would be horrible.
Yep it was really childish of Lewis to let his car set on fire, to have his brakes explode/ glaze/ pack in, his car stop, his bottom burn, to not wave his main competitor through, to race from the back of the grid twice to a podium, to defend against Rosberg and to overtake Rosberg. Pretty damn spoilt and bratish of him :rolleyes: He should be more like Alonso. Alonso would never act like a spoilt brat and throw his toys out of the pram if say for example a rookie were quicker than him in the same car.
Yep it was really childish of Lewis to let his car set on fire, to have his brakes explode/ glaze/ pack in, his car stop, his bottom burn, to not wave his main competitor through, to race from the back of the grid twice to a podium, to defend against Rosberg and to overtake Rosberg. Pretty damn spoilt and bratish of him :rolleyes: He should be more like Alonso. Alonso would never act like a spoilt brat and throw his toys out of the pram if say for example a rookie were quicker than him in the same car.

BOOM!

"Hamilton and Rosberg have been as bad as each other"... LOL

See our F1 related articles too!