FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
Maybe. My own opinion is that he'd probably take the more professional version of "s*** happens" as his response, but I guess we'll never find out.

My point was, Lewis responded very emotionally, which makes him a much bigger target for the media to latch on to and generate stories about. Beyond Rosberg's perhaps inappropriate pole celebration, he didn't really do or say anything that would generate as much attention for them.
Nico came out of it with a pole and a win. Perhaps if the shoe were on the other foot, as in, Lewis wiggled his wheel erratically, went down an escape rd, backed out, ruined his teammates pole and celebrated like he'd just done something great...perhaps then he would be less keen to play down tension .

Good grief, RC! Can you imagine if this were the other way round, Lewis was the one to ruin Nico's (and the rest of the field) final lap? People would be losing their minds, calling for bans and all kinds of retribution. No worries, it's gonna be all good soon.
Doesn't bare thinking about if roles were reversed!
By ang4f1
Mark Hughes' view on the Monaco week-end...
http://www.motorsportmagazine.com/f1/re ... gp-report/

Heard, that when Lewis walked into the Merc garage...the music was The Rolling Stones...
'I used to love you, But it's all over now'....

Sky TV...Ted Kravitz was soooooo excited after Quali & said everyone he'd spoken to in the pit lane....incl. 3 or 4 team principals, 6 engineers etc & all thought it was fixed.....one ex driver said ...1,000% sure it was deliberate...
Ted wasn't at the race the next day...he had to go home....an emergency...

IN one interview Lewis said this hadn't happened to him before....so I watched Q3 ..Japan 2011...not the same exactly, but similar outcome...no hot lap..

Anyone hear the commentating on the Monaco GP2 coverage......"He won that on merit, not strategy"...... :clap:

Couldn't say that about the pinnacle of motorsport this weekend... :banghead:...
More like a Pantomime...Oh yes he did....oh no he didn't..... :director: OH YES HE DID.....
Great article Ang! Mark Hughes, like most of the pitlane clearly recognise what was going on in quali. Lewis had a chance to play dirty back ...by pitting against team orders. but he chose not to. Will he get any recognition for that? You bet your life he won't!
By Roth
Whatever happened Hamilton should have sucked it up, and been more gracious, and acted the exact opposite to how he felt - this would have given him more kudos than his actual reaction. He sort of made the worst of a potentially good situaution. He can beat Nico in the car, he has to fight fire with fire outside the car, full smarm mode even if it's tongue in cheek.
If Nico did park it on purpose then that puts him into a different league in my book. Someone who wants to get the job done at all cost. Oddly as a driver that means he has gone up in my estimation.

Sent using NCC-1701
By Roth
If Nico did park it on purpose then that puts him into a different league in my book. Someone who wants to get the job done at all cost. Oddly as a driver that means he has gone up in my estimation.

Sent using NCC-1701

I don't know about you but I've seen enough smarmy Germans and their ill gotten gains on that top step to last me a lifetime.
Anyone hear the commentating on the Monaco GP2 coverage......"He won that on merit, not strategy"...... :clap:

Couldn't say that about the pinnacle of motorsport this weekend... :banghead:...
More like a Pantomime...Oh yes he did....oh no he didn't..... :director: OH YES HE DID.....

That doesn't bother me at all. All legendary seasons of F1 have had a bit of that "pantomime" when the stakes get high. It adds to the intrigue of the season, and is one of the major talking points that F1 needs.
I think one thing is very clear, we know what happens in turn one Abu Dhabi if Lewis doesn't have a greater than fifty point lead in the WDC. :hehe:
I think one thing is very clear, we know what happens in turn one Abu Dhabi if Lewis doesn't have a greater than fifty point lead in the WDC. :hehe:

oooh, méchant garçon :twisted:
By LH44
Whatever happened Hamilton should have sucked it up, and been more gracious, and acted the exact opposite to how he felt - this would have given him more kudos than his actual reaction. He sort of made the worst of a potentially good situaution. He can beat Nico in the car, he has to fight fire with fire outside the car, full smarm mode even if it's tongue in cheek.

Hello all. New to the forum.

This post attracted my attention. I certainly feel Lewis wasted too much negative energy about the whole affair. Second was no great loss looking at the bigger picture. He’s experienced enough underhand tactics from team mates and should’ve just brushed it off. However, I have no experience of being in the public eye for F1’s blue ribber band event so I cannot knock his reaction. I think had this been the other way round, Hamilton would almost certainly not have received the same benefit of doubt if previous decisions are anything to go by.
:hehe: Hamilton would have been sent to the back of the grid and given a ten place penalty for Canada. It's all a bit surreal since we've seen drivers being given grid penalties for the slightest impedance in Q1, this apparently didn't have the same gravity.

Canada can't get here soon enough so the media et al can move to a new topic.
By bud

I think everyone will DNF at the first corner there!

See our F1 related articles too!