FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
Clever stuff by Lewis, to turn it into an ongoing but civilised dispute, that way Nico will always be under the spotlight with Lewis the one in the shadow with more leeway. If it was completely forgotten than Lewis could even find himself the one under pressure of being called paranoid next time.

best words I heard from Niki, this guy truly is a real drivers champion driver!!!!!

"I told Nico there are some drivers who take chances and they get away with it and some don't. Lewis is an expert on this so your try on the outside made no sense. He understood my language and it was OK."
"I told Nico there are some drivers who take chances and they get away with it and some don't. Lewis is an expert on this so your try on the outside made no sense. He understood my language and it was OK."

I loved this bit. That was Niki basically saying, "Nico, you're no Lewis." :wink:
Of course it was deliberate, just like Spa. All that an Nico still came up empty handed. He has the best year of his career though and a pole position trophy, so nothing to be ashamed of really.
Yes Nico has done well for himself, made a point or two and now he can slide into the Webber/Reubens/Massa/Button position without shame
Yes Nico has done well for himself, made a point or two and now he can slide into the Webber/Reubens/Massa/Button position without shame

Well, maybe a little shame. After all, he has been naughty. :hehe:

Such fun!
Its always hard to know how a fellow will adapt to the number 2 role. Some like Reubens accept it and then cry when no ones watching, Massa takes it and then whinges and puts on the hungdog 'poor me' routine, Webber just seemed bemused by it all, like shocked anyone could think he wasnt been nobbled, Button, well lets see how he takes it now he doenst have a sugar daddy and indeed has the complete opposite, as well as Mags waiting in the wings like an avenger. I suspect Button will go the 'every excuse under the sun route' as he gets his arse handed to him by the Spaniard.

Nico though, just wanted to make a point as we saw In Spa and Monaco, and apart from the excitable usual suspects, I think we all expected him to grab the opportunity afforded him by the bollocking from the team to assume the position (mentally) as we saw by the trashing he received for the rest of the year

So apart from the fighting talk, I think Nico can assume the position without much shame, he took one of the only options available to a guy with his speed and skillset when facing an all singing all dancing Lewis. We know what route Button and his sugar daddy took, and we know how that turned out.

I think things are gonna fall into the right places a lot more in 2015 now everyone is well prepared, (except the new arrivals at some of the teams ofcourse)

Good odds on Lewis outscoring both McLaren drivers combined but still not worth the layout

See our F1 related articles too!