FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
So Lewis says this
Lewis Hamilton insists he is feeling no pressure ahead of the title-deciding Abu Dhabi Grand Prix this weekend.
Hamilton leads Mercedes team-mate Nico Rosberg by 17 points and needs to finish second if Rosberg wins to secure the title.
"I come into the weekend trying to win the race, like always. So nothing changes there," Hamilton said.
"In terms of the pressure, I don't really feel anything. I have been racing for 20 years to prepare for it."

and Nico says this
“Lewis can do something to keep it clean, which is drive cleanly himself. So it’s not like he can’t do anything,” the German said

He added: “It’s an intense weekend. I wouldn’t use the word pressure. Lewis is a great competitor and it will hopefully be a great end to the season. I’m here to try to win the race and I need a bit of help from Lewis that he doesn’t finish second. There are many scenarios and I’m optimistic. In Brazil he made a mistake and I need to do what I can to keep the pressure on.”

Sounds like Nico doesnt realise he is meant to have no pressure and therefore the much easier job - just finish first ahead of Lewis who can finish second

Hopefully the expertz can digest the first evidence of both mindsets going into the weekend and update their psychrotherapistry
How precious.
Nico Rosberg has told title rival Lewis Hamilton to keep his racing clean as the two go head-to-head for the championship at the final round of the season in Abu Dhabi this weekend.

Seems Nico is trying to get into Lewis' head here. He had been sharp and punchy in the entire press conference anyway.
How precious.
Nico Rosberg has told title rival Lewis Hamilton to keep his racing clean as the two go head-to-head for the championship at the final round of the season in Abu Dhabi this weekend.

That is so freaking hilarious. This is the man who took Hamilton out and did a Schumacher

Well what a rubbish article. Had to be put together by good old McEvoy didn't it. :rolleyes:

Stewart. The Stewart who had to be reminded by Senna what racing is all about. So it's ok to spoil a competitors lap ( and that is now the consensus up and down the pitlane, even Brundle has come to that conclusion) but it's not ok to be pissed off about having that done to you. That attitude beggars belief. Oh and he likes the little touch Risberg displayed at Spa. :eek:

Watson. Says Lauda favours Lewis in public and that's wrong. Well LAUDA speaks his mind. He said Nico was wrong at Spa and it was his fault. He also said last race that Nico did the best job all weekend. Strange how quiet Watson was on this subject when Whitmarsh was favouring one driver in public. :rolleyes:
And then we have the whole rock star, distracted, earring , low intelligence debate rolled out. Again! Give it a break! Go read Buxton guys, someone who actually knows Lewis, and spare us the soundbites.

That indeed was a large error for Lauda coming out so early in the season indicating Hamilton was the #1 driver. I think that Watson was on target with his comment.

Well what a rubbish article. Had to be put together by good old McEvoy didn't it. :rolleyes:

Stewart. The Stewart who had to be reminded by Senna what racing is all about. So it's ok to spoil a competitors lap ( and that is now the consensus up and down the pitlane, even Brundle has come to that conclusion) but it's not ok to be pissed off about having that done to you. That attitude beggars belief. Oh and he likes the little touch Risberg displayed at Spa. :eek:

Watson. Says Lauda favours Lewis in public and that's wrong. Well LAUDA speaks his mind. He said Nico was wrong at Spa and it was his fault. He also said last race that Nico did the best job all weekend. Strange how quiet Watson was on this subject when Whitmarsh was favouring one driver in public. :rolleyes:
And then we have the whole rock star, distracted, earring , low intelligence debate rolled out. Again! Give it a break! Go read Buxton guys, someone who actually knows Lewis, and spare us the soundbites.

That indeed was a large error for Lauda coming out so early in the season indicating Hamilton was the #1 driver. I think that Watson was on target with his comment.

But the whole point is Lauda didn't do that, he calls each incident as he sees it. When he feels Lewis has driven better he says so, when he thinks it's Nico, he says so. He said Nico was to blame for Spa but he supported Nico over Monaco. So Watson got it wrong.
How precious.

Actually a smart comment for Nico to make which will put Hamilton in the stewards awareness on race day and puts Hamilton on the defensive when driving near Rosberg.

Casting Hamilton in the role of evil 1997 Schumacher trying to deny the underdog Villeneuve from achieving a well earned title is a clever strategy.

Who are the stewards for Abu Dhabi? Have they been announced? Wouldn't it be interesting if Villeneuve or Watson or Stewart or even Hill were part of the team. Oh the drama.
Last edited by overboost on 21 Nov 14, 01:40, edited 2 times in total.
most competitive season in years and Mercedes earned the dominance the now exert on the rest of the field. The second drivers championship for Lewis Hamilton this weekend is the cherry on the Sunday!
So Lewis says this
Lewis Hamilton insists he is feeling no pressure ahead of the title-deciding Abu Dhabi Grand Prix this weekend.
Hamilton leads Mercedes team-mate Nico Rosberg by 17 points and needs to finish second if Rosberg wins to secure the title.
"I come into the weekend trying to win the race, like always. So nothing changes there," Hamilton said.
"In terms of the pressure, I don't really feel anything. I have been racing for 20 years to prepare for it."

and Nico says this
“Lewis can do something to keep it clean, which is drive cleanly himself. So it’s not like he can’t do anything,” the German said

He added: “It’s an intense weekend. I wouldn’t use the word pressure. Lewis is a great competitor and it will hopefully be a great end to the season. I’m here to try to win the race and I need a bit of help from Lewis that he doesn’t finish second. There are many scenarios and I’m optimistic. In Brazil he made a mistake and I need to do what I can to keep the pressure on.”

Sounds like Nico doesnt realise he is meant to have no pressure and therefore the much easier job - just finish first ahead of Lewis who can finish second

Hopefully the expertz can digest the first evidence of both mindsets going into the weekend and update their psychrotherapistry

Did Hamilton really say this?

For Hamilton fans this must be very worrying. This quote would indicate that Hamilton is not preparing himself for the pressure cooker that awaits. After loosing in 2007 to the pressure and almost again in 2008 this doesn't bode well. Hopefully he is taking the preparations seriously.

Rosberg has only one option so everything is straightforward. And as well he has nothing to loose being the underdog expected to play second fiddle to Hamilton anyway.

Also two more drivers have pointed out the extra pressure mounting on Hamilton:

"I think psychologically he (Rosberg) has less pressure than Lewis," said Massa, who won at Interlagos that year but was pipped to the title when Hamilton got past Timo Glock at the final corner to secure the points he needed.

"He cannot be scared; he cannot have fear for the race.

"If he has fear, maybe he can lose some tenths. Lewis needs to be more of a gentlemen and sometimes, it's not easy for him to be a gentleman."

Kimi Raikkonen said that being in Rosberg's position, with a 17-point deficit to Hamilton, made it easier to stay focused.

The Finn snatched the 2007 title from Hamilton and Fernando Alonso in a similar scenario.

"Obviously I was behind [in 2007], so on that point you really have nothing else you can do apart from win the race and hope the best that things fall in the right places," Raikkonen said.

"Quite often in recent years it has gone until the last race, which makes it more exciting because, like we have seen in the past, things can easily happen in one race."
Last edited by overboost on 21 Nov 14, 05:05, edited 2 times in total.
By sagi58
...Lewis is the one with the hard task according to overdose, all Nico has to do is win :rofl::rofl::rofl:

F.Y.I. - overboost!

See our F1 related articles too!