FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
By LRW
Against my better judgement, you've just made me read a Daily Mail article!! :gonnagetit::wink:

The comments from some of those guys, are so full of thinly veiled hate for Hamilton, its laughable.
At least for the last 80 years there has been incredible consistency in the Daily Heil's unique positioning in the political spectrum
Against my better judgement, you've just made me read a Daily Mail article!! :gonnagetit::wink:

The comments from some of those guys, are so full of thinly veiled hate for Hamilton, its laughable.

Exactly. The only one approaching a reasoned comment was Chandook, until he was drowned out by petty jealousy, ignorance, twisting of facts, bias , hypocrisy and as you say thinly veiled hate.

EDIT: The worry is that people with only a periferal F1 knowledge, or someone just glancing in the newspaper, reads that stuff and believes it. That's how these Hamilton myths perpetuate themselves.
I always say that I keep my "fanboy" as Roth so eloquently put it, on the grid but people time and time again feel the need to incorporate someone's personal life into their assessment as a driver. I'm not sure why that is, but then again I tend to favor simplicity of design and function. In the end, it's better (both for the checkbook and the legacy) to be talked about than not be talked about. Lewis Hamilton is one of the few exciting talking points in the sport. Look at how certain people are drawn in, look at how people loooove to analyze him. It used to be that they had an easier time to point to results and make the analysis fit the agenda. Now, that avenue is much more difficult to traverse so this "fanboy"welcomes the analysis as nothing makes someone look more like a fool than life proving their opinions, analysis and research to be agonizingly wrong.

Carry on folks, it keeps the forum active, and me entertained. :thumbup:
How precious.
Nico Rosberg has told title rival Lewis Hamilton to keep his racing clean as the two go head-to-head for the championship at the final round of the season in Abu Dhabi this weekend.
How precious.
Nico Rosberg has told title rival Lewis Hamilton to keep his racing clean as the two go head-to-head for the championship at the final round of the season in Abu Dhabi this weekend.

How precious.

:rofl::rofl::rofl: That's rich!!

Exactly. The only one approaching a reasoned comment was Chandook, until he was drowned out by petty jealousy, ignorance, twisting of facts, bias , hypocrisy and as you say thinly veiled hate.

EDIT: The worry is that people with only a periferal F1 knowledge, or someone just glancing in the newspaper, reads that stuff and believes it. That's how these Hamilton myths perpetuate themselves.

And thats why stalwart members of the HDL like yourself would never let something ignorant said on a forum go uncorrected as we have done relentlessy for years, despite the goliath type task against the overt and subtle 'yes, but style haterz' and despite the constant moans of their opiated useful idiots that the Lewis fans pointing out the truth is the one that is too vocal and touchy and should be the one to stop been argumentative etc etc

its almost a shame that most are silent or have run for the hills nowadays, you can almost start to miss the good old days and the good old fashioned bigots :rolleyes:
How precious.

Ooh even our favourite airhead has worked out that should it even come to a hint of contact with Lewis, he will be the one jumping a mile out the way, and so there isnt even any hope in hell of attempting an overtake, he is just hoping Lewis doesnt cynically press this advantage to 'prove a point'

Because lets face it if they both crash out Lewis wins, if Nico crashes Lewis out he will be Dqed a la MS and Lewis wins, and if Lewis crashes him out he would likely get away with it because he has the racecraft, is not the one with form for crashing, and will receive benefit of doubt.

But it doesnt matter as Lewis is the one with the hard task according to overdose, all Nico has to do is win :rofl::rofl::rofl:
That's beautiful Ang! Hard not to think of Lewis all the way through, it was so apt.
How precious.

:rofl::rofl::rofl: That's rich!!

I think Button thought the same as you racechick

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/30134015

:hehe: that was funny. His eyes. :D
How precious.

Well, he's a bloody cheek! He's got some nerve! What a two-faced, low-down snake in the grass! :irked: Did he really think he was going to spit that line out and we all would go, "Yes Lewis, keep it clean...because Nico always keeps it clean." Prat!

See our F1 related articles too!