FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.

Lewis bad luck

Two complete DNF's in a race.

Brake failure in quali putting him at the back of the grid.

No safety car deployed when it should have been, putting him right back into play for the win - we don't know that! Yes the SC should have been out but we dont know Lewis would have won. Rosberg may have switched to super softs to cover Lewis as he had a stop advantage. Lewis was also only in that position because he made a mistake - so if the SC helped him he would have been very lucky.

Generally slower pitstops than team mate when tenths were crucial( a relatively minor issue considering some if the others) - That is partly his fault for not placing his car correctly in the box so again thats not really "bad luck"

Prevented from getting pole at Monaco by waved yellows. - I'm not buying this either. Both had 1 clear lap in qualifying and Rosberg set a faster time. Rosberg made an error and got away with it - more good luck for Nico than bad luck for Lewis.

Rules tightened to a disallow all wheels off the track in quali(Austria) - If Hamilton kept on the track he would have kept his time. Purely his error. He wasnt the only one to lose his time.

There's probably more.

So of those 6, only 2 are purely bad luck for Lewis (3 if we count 2 DNF's + brake failure).

Rosberg's good luck

No penalty for Monaco - Why should there be a penalty? Nico made a mistake.

A Rules made lenient, for F1 races only allowing all four wheels off the track in quali ( Germany) - Really?

No penalty for speeding through a flag( yellow? Can't remember) - I dont remember this one at all.

No penalty for pole gained with all four wheels off the track - When was this? And was it at a track where this was deemed to be illegal

No deployment of safety car in Dangerous situation - I'll accept he was lucky on this one, but I still maintain he would have held on regardless. Even if Lewis passed his super softs had no grip in the last 5-6 laps.

Sorry racechick, I know you are a Lewis fan and will defend him until the very end, but you do appear to be very biased towards Lewis on this. Nothing against you, I probably do the same when I discuss Ferrari or Alonso. I just think you are being slightly unfair with a few of your arguments!
Fun fact the lead has never changed in a race between these two that wasn't caused by a mechanical issue.

Didn't Lewis beat Rosberg off the line in Bahrain ?

I analyzed that situation and believe it was Rosberg's mental weakness in operating a clutch. :rolleyes:

If hamilton wasn't so bad at qualifying in monaco, he would have put in a better bank lap or done another lap in the middle of the session

Hamilton bad at qualifying... lol. He's one of the best qualifiers going. Their bank laps were pretty damn close so you can't say he was bad, it's a track where normally all lap times are very very close.

I can easily say lewis hamilton was bad at qualifying in monaco. If he was good at it, he would have set a pole bank lap like nico did. Well, ok, maybe I shouldn't be so harsh on hamilton, I should just leave it at rosberg is better than hamilton at qualifying in monaco :thumbup:

If hamilton wasn't so bad at qualifying in monaco, he would have put in a better bank lap or done another lap in the middle of the session

Hamilton bad at qualifying... lol. He's one of the best qualifiers going. Their bank laps were pretty damn close so you can't say he was bad, it's a track where normally all lap times are very very close.

I can easily say lewis hamilton was bad at qualifying in monaco. If he was good at it, he would have set a pole bank lap like nico did. Well, ok, maybe I shouldn't be so harsh on hamilton, I should just leave it at rosberg is better than hamilton at qualifying in monaco :thumbup:

Ain't gonna relent til hamilton retires :twisted::twisted::twisted:
It's good omen for geet to hate on someone and love his teammate.....look at Vettel. Proving now not to be the sharpest knife in the box and still achieved 4X WDCs through geet's hate period while Webber retired.

I can't wait to see the number of WDCs Hamilton has.......when Rosberg retires. :yikes:

Lewis bad luck

No safety car deployed when it should have been, putting him right back into play for the win - we don't know that! Yes the SC should have been out but we dont know Lewis would have won. Rosberg may have switched to super softs to cover Lewis as he had a stop advantage. Lewis was also only in that position because he made a mistake - so if the SC helped him he would have been very lucky.

Generally slower pitstops than team mate when tenths were crucial( a relatively minor issue considering some if the others) - That is partly his fault for not placing his car correctly in the box so again thats not really "bad luck"

Prevented from getting pole at Monaco by waved yellows. - I'm not buying this either. Both had 1 clear lap in qualifying and Rosberg set a faster time. Rosberg made an error and got away with it - more good luck for Nico than bad luck for Lewis.

Rules tightened to a disallow all wheels off the track in quali(Austria) - If Hamilton kept on the track he would have kept his time. Purely his error. He wasnt the only one to lose his time.

There's probably more.

So of those 6, only 2 are purely bad luck for Lewis (3 if we count 2 DNF's + brake failure).

Rosberg's good luck

A Rules made lenient, for F1 races only allowing all four wheels off the track in quali ( Germany) - Really?

No penalty for speeding through a flag( yellow? Can't remember) - I dont remember this one at all.

No penalty for pole gained with all four wheels off the track - When was this? And was it at a track where this was deemed to be illegal

No deployment of safety car in Dangerous situation - I'll accept he was lucky on this one, but I still maintain he would have held on regardless. Even if Lewis passed his super softs had no grip in the last 5-6 laps.

Sorry racechick, I know you are a Lewis fan and will defend him until the very end, but you do appear to be very biased towards Lewis on this. Nothing against you, I probably do the same when I discuss Ferrari or Alonso. I just think you are being slightly unfair with a few of your arguments!

Keep up Geet, keep up!! This incident. http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2014/07/04/p ... -red-flag/

Regarding the wheels of the track I amended my post , go check. The point is at one race leniency was allowed and at the other stringency. A rules a rule.

I don't accept Monacco was a mistake. Not premeditated, but when pole was slipping away, a split decision and he chose that course if action. His behaviour afterwards supports this.

Lewis bad luck

There's probably more.

Rosberg's good luck

Keep up Geet, keep up!! This incident. http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2014/07/04/p ... -red-flag/

Firstly i'm not Geet.... and on that incident thats hardly luck on Rosberg's side. Kvyat was doing just over 20mph and Rosberg passed him safely. If Kvyat was doing a reasonable speed and Rosberg passed him that would have been different.

Rules - yes they are inconsistent but they always have been and always will be. Its like a football team saying we didnt win because of the referee - easiest excuse to come up with when you dont win.

Rosberg @ Monaco - I still genuinely believe it was a mistake and that he possibly cracked under pressure knowing he had to get pole and stop Lewis' winning run.
Lol sorry Ferrari man! I was slightly more abrupt there than necessary thinking it was Geet! Show no weakness before Geet! It was the red bolding made me think Geet and his general glee in anything anti Hamilton, and I was rushing.

On the red flag, as you say rules are rules and no matter how slow Kvyat was going you shouldn't pass under a red flag.

On the wheels on / wheels off. Yes. Rules are rules and even though they change all the time have to be followed. My point was about luck. Rosberg was lucky that they chose to be lenient with the rules when he went over, Lewis was unlucky that they had decided to be stringent.

This is not an attempt to get at Rosberg, the only fault I see as his is Monaco( on that we will differ because I don't think it was accidental at all)
This is about good luck/ bad luck.

Keep up Geet, keep up!!

Firstly i'm not Geet....

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

No matter who wins the 2014 WDC, I just won the Lewis Hamilton Fan Mind $#@! Championship BLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
You know there is a line where humour can crossover into annoyance...and you're pretty much on the line geet. :yawn:
Lol sorry Ferrari man! I was slightly more abrupt there than necessary thinking it was Geet! Show no weakness before Geet! It was the red bolding made me think Geet and his general glee in anything anti Hamilton, and I was rushing.

:cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

Hey now, per forum guidelines, I know better than to insert anything into somebody else's quote bubble so I take offense!! :P:P:P
You know there is a line where humour can crossover into annoyance...and you're pretty much on the line geet. :yawn:

You know there is a line where defending lewis can crossover into annoyance...and you're pretty much on the line hammer. :yawn:

BAHAHAHA I'm j/k man you're quite a reasonable supporter of lewis :thumbup:

Sorry you don't like my teasing! :shrug:

See our F1 related articles too!