FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
I'd love Lewis to pay back Nico's tricks in Abu Dhabi.

So would I, as long as Ricciardo is within 49 points. It would be hilarious if Hamilton took Rosberg out and handed Ricciardo the title on a plate.

Lets be logical here, we have had 14 races in which the Mercs have both outscored the plucky Aussie by 4 points each race on average, all 3 have had 2 car failures, the Red Bulls have used more engines and bits and you think its vaguely likely that in the next 4 races, he will suddenly change from dropping 4 points per race to gaining 5 points on BOTH drivers?
I'd love Lewis to pay back Nico's tricks in Abu Dhabi.

So would I, as long as Ricciardo is within 49 points. It would be hilarious if Hamilton took Rosberg out and handed Ricciardo the title on a plate.

Well firstly you took my quote out of context, because my qualifying comment was ,that I didn't want Lewis to do that and that it's not his style. I was critical of Schumacher for doing it twice and of Rosberg . The payback would even the guys up a little on lost points, and there's a sweetness about that , but I want Lewis to win without that.

And secondly , if it were Lewis' style, do you think he would even contemplate it if it wasn't going to result in a championship win?
By ang4f1
https://thejudge13.files.wordpress.com/ ... re_web.jpg

Roughly translated ...Ok Lewis now we are equal

Hey Nico ........what about brakes exploding...car crashing into tyre barrier at 180mph.. ish in a Quali session, then starting from back of grid..no whinging about aches, pain, bruising etc...just get the car to the front of the pack..
And..a Q3 engine fire...wrecked car...start from pit lane in a new car....get the car to the front of the pack..
& don't forget maybe penalties for meltdown engine etc ...in later races........
See what you can do.....
....teammates playing silly buggers at Monaco and Spa? And chicane cutting. Inconsistent stewarding?...... Partisan race control at Hokenheim......

you think that's equal Nico? Seriously!!!! :yikes:

And there's still a counting problem. It's 2 DNf's Nico. 3 DNF's Lewis. That's not equal Nico.
Going by the stats of finishing and winning between the teammates I calculate that to wipe the slate clean Lewis would need an extra 35 points

25 for the 'making a point' dnf + 10 for 3rd twice, with 10 written off because of Nico dropping a couple of places for minor issues
I'll settle for having Nico start from the back in say, Russia or Brazil. It doesn't matter though, the point has been made. Lewis is in the lead and only another DNF for him, mechanical or Nico proving a point will cost him the championship. It's a double edged sword however, and the precedent has been set, so what's a little cut tire between friends in Abu Dhabi?

It couldn't possibly be done on purpose.
I'll settle for having Nico start from the back in say, Russia or Brazil. It doesn't matter though, the point has been made. Lewis is in the lead and only another DNF for him, mechanical or Nico proving a point will cost him the championship. It's a double edged sword however, and the precedent has been set, so what's a little cut tire between friends in Abu Dhabi?

I'd settle for him starting from the back in Abu Dhabi.

:rofl:
:rofl::rofl::rofl:
Yeah I think he could pull that one off!

If there is even the slightest truth to the things I'm hearing through the grapevine (and I believe there is), The Daimler board look at the team-mate pairing as not being good for the brand and Lewis may be offered an early out of his current contract with a hand in his back. Let us be reminded, this is the same top level driver that has 7 wins to his team-mate's 4 (would have easily been 10 to 1 had it not been for failures in Melb...lets not get into that). The same driver who was cheated out of a fair battle in qualifying by who? His own team-mate in the ParkGate scandal of recent Monaco past. The same driver who was intentionally taken out of first place for a sure win in Spa. By whom you ask? His own team-mate..."to prove a point." So when the axe falls, whose head do they go after? Not the person who brings the scar to the team and the brand. Heavens no! They go after the most skillful driver they have. The one they can really count on for wins. A World Champion. So guess who they want to replace Lewis? Yes, you are correct...Alonso. They don't realize what they have in Lewis is a very hard but fair guy. In Alonso they will get someone who is just as fast and as nice a guy as Lewis but will cut your (insert Nico) throat in a heartbeat. Can you imagine the ruckus between Nico and Alonso? If Daimler think they have problems now, just wait. Lewis isn't the problem. As miffed as I am about this, I also have a good feeling about. It's gonna come back to bite them in the arse. Where Lewis goes will create all sorts of problems for Mercedes AMG. Their "dominance" will be short-lived...nothing like Red Bull. Mark these words.

Not such fun.

If there is even the slightest truth to the things I'm hearing through the grapevine (and I believe there is), .

Who do you think is putting these rumours out - note you confirm they are rumours - grapevine, is it an Italian publication, or a German one, Or a British one?

Just imagine you had to create an article that created the most clicks possible to get paid well, now imagine yu also got paid if each click linked the article and told others like you are now - in that scenario, what would be somethinghalf believable to write without a shred of proof that would achieve your aims of 0.04 pence a click?

Do you know how the team is structured as a legal business entity? There would be much easier ways for Merc to achieve those aims you mentioned if true, so why would they go ablout it in a way thats obvious to even a ferrari supporter?

Lets b calm here, Lewis is on a big money contract for another year after this, If you dont really think he would be pushed before the end of that, then you need to sit down and look at the bigger picture - you might be pleasantly surprised :thumbup:
That has to be the dumbest move possible if there's any truth, since Lewis is the driving force of the team right now. Their weak driver is being slated and boo'ed left and right...and they're going to let go of the best thing in their F1 team for a guy who's a failed experiment in some other team?

Really don't see the Merc board being such dumbf**ks, can't buy it at all. It's even dumber than McLaren signing on Button for 5 years.
It sure is

The German Mercedes company are going to sack the first black in F1 who brought them their first title for half a century, and they are gonna do this in full view of the media by leaking their intentions so rumours can swill around, and they are gonna sack this non aryan trouble maker because he dared get cheated by his nordic but not really german teammate who has crowds booing him 3 races in a row, and they will do all this without Nikki Lauda who has a stake in the team saying anything as he watches his investment trickle away, in fact he will be silent and say no comment when asked if this was a case of the Germans subjugating a peaceful austrian partner again.

Oh yes I forgot to mention, Lewis will then take his WDC over to Honda - the only serious threat resource and money wise for Merc in F1

And then Merc will replace him with a temperamental Spaniard that the current team bosses would not want to handle in a month of Sundays, and pay off his Ferrari contract on top of paying off Lewis' cntract

This is the kind of thing we exopect to hear from our 'sources' in the MeasCulparea lounge amongst the real heavy hitting monkey beating F1 cognoscenti :thumbup:

See our F1 related articles too!