FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
Yeah that sounds a more likely explanation.
-----
The season's accomplishments just get more and more impressive.

Methinks Lewis seals his reputation as one of the all-timers, this year. Here's hoping anyway. :hehe:
-----

:yes: some of us knew it right from the start didn't we :wink:

Yeah ...didn't we just...but it's been hard going.. :thumbup: but it looking good at the mo... :yes::clap:
:yes::yes: certainly is, early days I know , but first time things have been so favourable for him. Good car, seemingly on the ball team, no obvious spoilers. Whatever happens, he's racing like the Lewis I first fell in love with :cloud9: and I'm lovin it!
Although the rain was an equaliser a little, I am impressed with two teams in quali today.

Red Bull have improved quite a lot, considering this is a very power hungry track and they are low on power.

Williams got some upgrades, whereas in the rain before they'd struggle to get into Q3, getting 6/7th is mighty impressive; and shows those updates really worked well.

Congratulations to Lewis and Ricciardo today.
Not even rain could mix things up today. It was really good lap from Lewis. Scary to think what he might have done if someone was there to push him.
Super effort from Dan. I really hope for the sake of the race that the Red Bull can challenge, our put a little pressure on the Mercedes.
Hopefully my team can start the road back to the top by being the 3rd best car here.
Must important of all, we desperately need that safety car ten laps from the end. :yes:

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk
This is a 2nd hand report from AMuS. Firstly, I didn't hear the comment they claim Rosberg said during the Bahrain race and I certainly don't remember anyone raising it after the race - until now. So firstly, is it real?

Rivals step up amid ''tense'' Mercedes battle

Mercedes' rivals look closer to the pace this weekend in China.

Back-to-back winner Lewis Hamilton was the fastest overall in Shanghai practice, but Ferrari's Fernando Alonso was only a tenth behind.

On Friday morning, the Spaniard was even fastest of all.

Germany's Auto Motor und Sport wondered if the red car was putting in "show rounds" to ease the pressure on the new dark glasses-wearing boss, Marco Mattiacci.

But the Italian team does appear to have taken a clear step forward since Bahrain, with correspondent Michael Schmidt revealing Ferrari is using not only a new rear wing in China, but also an engine upgrade and new Shell fuel.

"The competition has moved closer to us," confirmed Mercedes' Paddy Lowe.

Closer, but not quite close enough, as confirmed by Red Bull's Christian Horner. "We are closer," he agreed, "but we can not challenge them on a dry track. In the rain, we have a chance."

If it does stay dry, the main event at the front of the field could be yet another ding-dong battle between Hamilton and his fiesty teammate, Nico Rosberg.

The German is desperate to prevent Hamilton from gaining the psychological "edge", as referred to by the Briton and 2008 world champion on Thursday.

Once friends, the pressure of their seemingly inevitable battle for the 2014 title is beginning to tell.

Asked if he had "any contact" - a phone call, an email, a text message - with Hamilton since finishing second to his teammate in Bahrain two weeks ago, Rosberg insisted: "No, nothing."

During their wheel-to-wheel battle, Rosberg had radioed the pits, describing Hamilton's driving as "not on".

Nico Rosberg played that down on Thursday but admitted the pair would need to get together for a clear-the-air session.

On Friday, Rosberg said: "Yes, we sat down and went through everything. It's all behind us and flat-out ahead."

But when asked about that debrief, Hamilton shook his head and answered "No" when asked if it had taken place.

Rosberg confirmed that the rivalry is becoming "tense", and team boss Lowe said he will work hard to keep it in check as the races roll on in 2014.

"We've already seen signs (of the tension)," he told the Guardian, "because they've got a winning car and they both want to win. I think it will require careful management through the year."
Rosberg said something like that during the GP over one of the moves, it was broadcast on the team radio. No references to it at all from theMerc team bosses. Johnny Herbet on Sky said Lewis was entitled to take the line he took .
Can anyone remember such a wet start to a season?

Sent using NCC-1701

Giggity

See our F1 related articles too!