FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
By spankyham
Autosprint.it is reporting that Fernando has a 3 year contract extension with Ferrari which doubles his salary and take him through to the end of 2019 season when he will be 38 years old. :clap:

>>Source<<.
35 Million Euros a year does go a long way towards taking any sting out of the last few years. Congratulations to him, he's worth it. Be even sweeter with a championship in 2017.
Autosprint.it is reporting that Fernando has a 3 year contract extension with Ferrari which doubles his salary and take him through to the end of 2019 season when he will be 38 years old. :clap:

>>Source<<.

WAHOOOO :D MORE YEARS OF ALONSO SUPPORT. Lets hope he stays there until 2019. That will be it if anything, unless he has big balls
Would be brilliant news if he signs it, really hope it is true that he will sign. Although €35m is a LOT of money (about £28m). Even the top footballers are only on £15-20m per year.
By spankyham
I think they paid Schumi 50mil at the height of his career, so they can afford it. Plus I believe he's worth it. Santander will pick up most of the bill anyway :)
By sagi58
Just as long as Ferrari/Alonso pick up the hardware at each race,
I don't care who's footing the bill... or if they leave a tip!! :hehe:
By spankyham
Super video interview. For sure you will watch this a few times.

wrote:">The fighter

Maranello, 11 August– On ferrari.com today starts a three part journey with Fernando Alonso, as you’ve never seen him before. He talks about the early days of his career and his words are supplemented with photos. In the first chapter of this photo-story, he talks about being a fighter, his father, winning and the difficult times, all relived through the snap-shots in an album of memories from a life on four wheels.
By spankyham
Part 2 of the 3 part interview with Fernando.

wrote:">Formula 1

Maranello, 13 August – The Fernando Alonso photo-story continues on ferrari.com. In today’s second chapter, the Spaniard looks back at a life of success and sacrifice, with highs and lows and his time with Ferrari in a round-up of photos that bring the words to life.
By spankyham
 wrote:">‘The others’

Maranello, 16 August–The three part journey with Fernando Alonso ends today. In this section, his heroes from the past, his team-mates and friendships all captured in photos from all the years he’s been racing, all radiating with his incredible will to succeed.
By sagi58
You gotta love this guy!! So easy to listen to his lovely accent, his passion for Ferrari and his sense of humour!!
:clap:
By spankyham
Fernando Alonso rules out leaving Ferrari in an exclusive interview with Sky Sports News
By spankyham
Fernando spoke a bit about the McLaren thing at a charity - he's quite big into supporting charities in Spain especially those impacting kids.

Bottom line he says there was no call from Ron Dennis and that he wants to stay at Ferrari and complete his goals he started when he joined the team. He also says Monza will highlight power deficiencies so the team will have to try and adjust as best they can with aero adjustments.

Source >>here<<.
he also said this;
"But you also feel happy and proud that the best teams have an interest in you and they say so publicly. It's not my intention at the moment to move, I want to win here and finish the job that we start some years ago. We will see what the future brings."

I'd respect Alonso more if he sticks with Ferrari and as he said finishes the job he was brought in to do, but the quote above is very open ended as far as future options are concerned.
By spankyham
He can leave after he finishes the job :yes:

See our F1 related articles too!