FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
...If you can't handle the heat, get out of the kitchen.

a.k.a. if you can't ante up to play with the big boys, don't get into the game...Image
According to some so-called-f1-expert-pundits .... :rofl:
This story is about a Luca (who has been fired) stating that Fernando (who has left the team) and Kimi (who is about to be sacked) are all staying at Ferrari (Luca must be in denial :hehe: )

wrote:">Montezemolo dismisses Alonso and Raikkonen rumours

Ferrari president Luca di Montezemolo has dismissed speculation surrounding the futures of Fernando Alonso and Kimi Raikkonen at the team.

Ferrari's disappointing start to the season has left both Alonso and Raikkonen struggling for results and sparked speculation they may leave the team. Alonso has a contract until the end of 2016, but is rumoured to be a target of McLaren's for next year. Raikkonen has a contract until the end of 2015, but his future has also been questioned after failing to match the pace of Alonso so far this year.

However, Montezemolo said such rumours are unfounded and both drivers are central to Ferrari's plans to turn its fortunes around.

"We are lucky to have two great champions, who are working with the whole team to get back to being competitive again," he told Ferrari's website. "Of course, as is the case every summer, there is unfounded gossip about alleged problems with senseless rumours bandied about, such as the ones relating to Alonso's contract or those of drivers' salaries.

"We know that the summer heat always produces silly stories. Our drivers must now relax in order to return in top form. The season is still long and we need Fernando and Kimi to be in great shape. And on the subject of Kimi, I wish him all the best as he is soon to become a dad."

Since bringing in Marco Mattiacci to replace Stefano Domenicali as team principal, Montezemolo said changes had been put in place that would start to yield results in the near future.

"We are making in-depth changes on both the organizational side, in our approach and culture. We have taken important decisions and have made significant progress, even if, at the moment, the results of all this work are not always visible. The aim is to get back to being as competitive as we were before in the shortest possible time, while at the same time putting everything in place so that we can embark on another winning cycle.

"As for our sport in general, we are pleased to see that all the major players share the views we first put forward regarding the need to revamp Formula One. We have proposals aimed specifically at improving the show, starting with more straightforward regulations, which put the spectators first, especially the younger generation."
RIP Signor Enzo. Thank you for all you did in creating the team so many love. You are missed. A great observation from the usually quiet Piero about how his father had seen far worse times at Ferrari in terms of racing results and also about how he would have been pleased by the reaction and spirit of the team. :thumbup:

wrote:">Piero Ferrari: “My father would have appreciated the spirit of the Scuderia.”

Maranello, 13 August – On the anniversary of the death of his father Enzo, the man who founded the company that is now the most successful in the history of the sport, having taken no less than 14 World Titles in the past 15 years, Piero Ferrari, vice-president of the Maranello company, commented on Scuderia Ferrari’s current season. He believes the founder would have tackled the current situation in the same way as the team is now doing. “Let’s start by saying that, in racing terms, my father went through far worse moments than this,” Piero Ferrari told http://www.ferrari.com. “Certainly, he would be happy to see the spirit in which the men and women of the Scuderia are tackling this season. There are no signs of despondency or depression, no reactions that can be seen as emotional, but instead there’s a careful and meticulous analysis of what must change, prior to decisions being taken. Everyone is committed to the cause, never forgetting we are Ferrari”.
I love the very young Luca in the picture below :hehe:

wrote:">Montezemolo remembers Enzo Ferrari: “He would be proud of us, 2014 will see record results”

Maranello, 13 August – Tomorrow is the 26th anniversary of the death of Enzo Ferrari, the founder of what is today a successful company, which according to the independent British company Brand Finance, has been the strongest brand in the world for the past two years.

Enzo Ferrari would certainly have been proud of how his creation has grown in strength, producing ever better financial results. He would also approve of the way Ferrari is tackling the changes going on in Formula 1.

“I spent many years alongside him” – President Luca di Montezemolo told http://www.ferrari.com – “And in 1991, when I returned to the helm of the company, I applied many of his principles: consistently innovating, never settling for second best and making decisions quickly. I’m sure Enzo would be happy to see how we have grown: we are present in 62 countries, investing heavily in the product and in technical innovation, always putting our people first, because it is thanks to their abilities that again, in 2014, we will end the year with record financial results. Behind an outstanding product there has always been the support of these exceptional men and women. On the subject of our range of models, this year too, after the incredible success of LaFerrari, we have some amazing surprises for our customers”.

Luca di Montezemolo believes Enzo Ferrari would also have approved of the new direction being taken by the Scuderia. “We are making in-depth changes on both the organizational side, in our approach and culture” – said the President. “We have taken important decisions and have made significant progress, even if, at the moment, the results of all this work are not always visible. The aim is to get back to being as competitive as we were before in the shortest possible time, while at the same time putting everything in place so that we can embark on another winning cycle. As for our sport in general, we are pleased to see that all the major players share the views we first put forward regarding the need to revamp Formula 1. We have proposals aimed specifically at improving the show, starting with more straightforward regulations, which put the spectators first, especially the younger generation”.

Montezemolo’s attention also turned to the Scuderia drivers. “We are lucky to have two great champions, who are working with the whole team to get back to being competitive again. Of course, as is the case every summer, there is unfounded gossip about alleged problems with senseless rumours bandied about, such as the ones relating to Alonso’s contract or those of drivers’ salaries. We know that the summer heat always produces silly stories. Our drivers must now relax in order to return in top form. The season is still long and we need Fernando and Kimi to be in great shape. And on the subject of Kimi, I wish him all the best as he is soon to become a dad.

“Finally” – concluded Montezemolo – “I want to thank all our fans for their continuous support and wish everyone a good summer.”
 wrote:">Montezemolo remembers Enzo Ferrari: “He would be proud of us, 2014 will see record results”

...Luca di Montezemolo believes Enzo Ferrari would also have approved of the new direction being taken by the Scuderia. “We are making in-depth changes on both the organizational side, in our approach and culture”...

What do you think he means by "approach and culture"? :confused:

...Luca di Montezemolo believes Enzo Ferrari would also have approved of the new direction being taken by the Scuderia. “We are making in-depth changes on both the organizational side, in our approach and culture”...

I'm fairly sure he's referring to the teams previous approach to development and unwillingness to take risks.
I'm fairly sure he's referring to the teams previous approach to development and unwillingness to take risks.

Good!!

And, thank you so very much for answering my question!! At least, I can do that,
without fear of being made to look like I don't deserve to be a fan!! :blush:

Good!!

And, thank you so very much for answering my question!! At least, I can do that,
without fear of being made to look like I don't deserve to be a fan!! :blush:

As you know sagi, I believe the purpose of a forum is to discuss, listen and learn. Only a fool believes they have nothing to learn. I'm sure I've quoted this before:-
“The measure of intelligence is the ability to change.” ― Albert Einstein
My Mom always says, "Anche la vecchia di 90 anni ha sempre qualche cosa da imparare!"
Basically, even a 90-year-old can learn something!

Edit: NOT that I'm 90!! :P

Possibly that the culture will be changed to try and get more performance out of future cars and engines, even if that means risking more unreliability (which seems to the current culture - ensure the car can finish before performance is added)
I should have snapped up a couple of these bargains :hehe:

wrote:">Record: a 1962 Ferrari 250 GTO auctioned for over 38 Million USD

Maranello, 16 August – At the Bonhams auction, records were shattered as the 1962 Ferrari 250 GTO, chassis number 3851 GT, was sold for $38,115,000 USD. This is the most ever paid for an automobile at auction, underscoring the unrivaled desirability for Ferrari in the collector car market and the continued dominance of the brand at auctions worldwide.

This Ferrari 250 GTO is now, effectively, the most valuable and coveted car in the world.

This car was the 19th Ferrari GTO to be completed and was invoiced on September 11, 1962. It was originally finished in metallic pale grey with lengthwise red, white and blue centerline stripes when acquired by its first owner, French privateer Jo Schlesser, who was also a Formula 1 driver. Its last owner was Italian Fabrizio Violati and the car was part of his Collezione Maranello Rosso.

No other mark is commanding attention and achieving such spectacular values so far in Monterey like Ferrari, with total Ferrari sales at Bonhams totaling just under $65 Million USD. Additional notable sales include:

1958 Ferrari 250 GT Series 1 Cabriolet – $6,820,000 USD

1953 Ferrari 250 Mille Miglia Berlinetta – $7,260,000 USD

1969 Ferrari 365 GTB/4 ‘Daytona’ Berlinetta Competizione – $935,000 USD

1962 Ferrari 250 GT Short-Wheelbase Speciale Aerodinamica – $6,875,000 USD

1978 Ferrari 312 T3 Formula 1 Racing Single-Seater – $2,310,000 USD
FDA (Ferrari Driver Academy) truly has a wealth of talent coming through. Marcheillo is amongst them :yes:

wrote:">FDA – Marciello wins at Spa

Spa-Francorchamps, 23 August –Raffaele Marciello took his first ever GP2 Series win today, triumphing at the Spa circuit in Round 8. The Ferrari Driver Academy driver started from the second row of the grid in his Spanish Racing Engineering team’s car and made up one place on lap 2, after a restart as the race was red-flagged because of a torrential rain storm. He then passed Johnny Cecotto Jnr. on lap 10. With six laps remaining, Marciello made his pit stop and began to close on the leader Stoffel Vandoorne, overtaking him two laps from the chequered flag.

“The rain which came before the start made the early stages of the race very difficult,” commented Raffaele. “Poor visibility was a real problem. When I managed to move up to second, I began to close on Vandoorne, but only after the pit stop did I realise the win was in my grasp. The track gradually dried and my feeling with the car continued to improve. I didn’t want to take any risks attacking Vandoorne. I knew there were three laps to go and I waited for the right moment. It’s a great day, a reward for all my work, and that of Racing Engineering and everyone at the Ferrari Driver Academy. Tomorrow, I start Race 2 from eighth place and I hope to finish what has been an unforgettable weekend in the best way possible.”
Quite a range of predictions have been suggested by Giancarlo Minardi in an interview in Spain. Source >>here<<.

To summarise here are the driver line-ups he has suggested as possible for next year:-

McLaren - Vettel & Mag
Red Bull - Ricciardo & Kvyat
Williams - Hamilton & Massa
Mercedes - Rosberg & Bottas
Torro Rosso - Sainz & Verstappen

It's also suggested that Newey may go with Vettel to McLaren - all courtesy of Honda.

See our F1 related articles too!