FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
Vettel out of Red Bull at the end of the year.
RB drivers for 2015 will be Dan and Kyviat. Will be official sometime this weekend I believe.

You're late to the party: it's going viral already! :wink:

Its everywhere now :yes:

Still nothing from Ferrari. I think they will wait and let Nando announce it. Could be an interesting watch at McLaren next year.
Vettel out of Red Bull at the end of the year.
RB drivers for 2015 will be Dan and Kyviat. Will be official sometime this weekend I believe.

You're late to the party: it's going viral already! :wink:

Its everywhere now :yes:

Still nothing from Ferrari. I think they will wait and let Nando announce it. Could be an interesting watch at McLaren next year.

Here it is indirectly from Ferrari:

Christian Horner believes the lure of Ferrari is what convinced Sebastian Vettel to leave Red Bull and not the problems he has faced this season.

Vettel will leave Red Bull at the end of 2014 and has said he will announce his future plans very soon. With Fernando Alonso on the way out at Ferrari, Vettel is expected to replace him while Toro Rosso driver Daniil Kvyat will be promoted to Red Bull next year.

This season Vettel has struggled for results, with Renault's power unit failing to match that of Mercedes' and team-mate Daniel Ricciardo making the most of the package the team has got. What's more, design guru Adrian Newey is set to take a step back next year while aero boss Peter Prodromou is destined for McLaren.

Asked whether those factors convinced Vettel to leave, Horner said: "I don't think they were really factors. I think the lure of another team that's brightly coloured has come up and it's a point in his life and career that he's felt the timing is right for him.

"We obviously respect that decision and rather than looking to hold a driver against his will, if somebody's heart isn't here, it's better to reflect on the good times and look forward. I think he just fancied a new challenge.

"He's decided that his heart is somewhere else and we look back with a huge amount of pride about what we achieved together and it wouldn't be right to hold him back. If someone's heart isn't in the team it's better to release them. We now face a new era within the team."

Vettel told Horner he would be leaving on Friday night and the team wasted no time in announcing Kvyat as his replacement.

"Knowing Seb as well as I do, you could see in his body language that he has been a bit distracted. He came to see me last night and informed me of what his thinking and position was and from there we took action."

Asked if Alonso was ever an option, he said: "Fernando is a wonderful driver but our philosophy has always been to back youth and youngsters, with Sebastian, Daniel Ricciardo and now Daniil Kvyat. He looks a really exciting talent and prospect, so we're following our philosophy and I'm sure he's going to be a star of the future."

Read more at http://en.espnf1.com/redbull/motorsport ... Zhmv7JF.99
According to Helmut Marko Seb had a get out clause in his RB contract. If he wasn't 3rd in the WDC standings he could leave. So no broken contract.
I think Ferrari needs Brawn, he'd be the missing element and be the right person the head the team after so many changes.

So many people underestimate Seb. He has been a big part of their success. Sad to lose Nando, but very exciting to get Seb.
I'm wondering if part of the deal will see Jules get a seat at Torro Rosso? Spend a year there while Kimi completes the last year of his Ferrari contract in '15 making way for Jules in '16.
Just to add to the slowly manifesting picture:

Vettel's chief mechanic leaves Red Bull

Sebastian Vettel's chief mechanic has left Red Bull.

Already this year, it was announced that the reigning quadruple world champion's well-known race engineer, Guillaume 'Rocky' Rocquelin, is being promoted for 2015.

Vettel's new engineer is scheduled to be Gianpiero Lambiase, currently at Force India.

Now, Germany's Bild newspaper reports that Kenny Handkammer, Vettel's chief mechanic, has left Red Bull.

"Kenny Handkammer has left the company with immediate effect," confirmed Dr Helmut Marko.

He is not at Suzuka, Marko revealed.

"We have found someone else for this position better suited in the course of the restructuring of the team," he announced.

Some might link the news about Handkammer with other rumours swirling around Vettel.

On Thursday, the German dodged rumours he might be a candidate to replace Fernando Alonso should a vacancy arise at Ferrari.

"Well, I think there has always been rumours over the last couple of years, especially around this time of the season," Vettel said.

On Thursday, Italy's Autosprint reported from Suzuka that a race engineer who once worked closely with Vettel at Toro Rosso - Riccardo Adami - is preparing to move from Faenza to Ferrari for 2015.
With these news, looks like I'll be more of a regular in this lounge - if only Brawn would get his lard arse back to Ferrari :cloud9:

You're always welcome!!

p.s. is there money in the budget for Image?? :thumbup:
With these news, looks like I'll be more of a regular in this lounge - if only Brawn would get his lard arse back to Ferrari :cloud9:

You're always welcome!!

I would hope so as an unwavering MS/SV/Brawn fan :wink:
At lot of people will be served a large dose of humble pie in the not too distant future. Seb is a great driver and on the top shelf of the current crop. Very fast and can develop a car on track as well as in the simulator. He will immediately improve the total package.
Having said that, Ross is the missing ingredient at Ferrari.
I realize that Alonso isn't everyone's cup of tea; but, seriously,
how do you "hate" someone you don't know? How do you judge
anyone, especially without knowing all the facts? Have we been
somehow transported back in time to high school?
We may have to wait a while, lots to improve and catch up with our car, but, won't it be a nice thing to hear the German and Italian anthem played after Seb's first win :)
We may have to wait a while, lots to improve and catch up with our car, but, won't it be a nice thing to hear the German and Italian anthem played after Seb's first win :)

Been there, done that in 2008 :wink:

Been there, done that in 2008 :wink:

Correct, but I was thinking of a few years earlier - was a fairly common happening back then

See our F1 related articles too!