FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

I wasn't sure if it was sarcasm that come across badly over t'internet or an absurd conspiracy theory on par with Maldo claiming Williams messed up his steering.

It seems it was the latter. Yeah Red Bull would commit an unsafe release, mess up vital points in the WCC because he claimed that he would like to be a bit closer to their star just incase he gets an opportunity, man I can't wait until Bahrain where RBR give him the engine of an old Lada instead of the proper Renault PU.
Putting the wheel on in a way that safely costs Ricc a bit of time is no different from giving Webber a Kers unit that doesnt work, or launch control that doesnt always launch.

As far as finding an alternative to commanding Ricc to do a multi 1-3 on the radio, after asking him to not attack Seb to which he didnt get the message that they meant 'not now, not ever'

So this is no different to the RBR Aussie driver conspiracy theory from last year that you have enjoyed speculating about at times
Putting the wheel on in a way that safely costs Ricc a bit of time is no different from giving Webber a Kers unit that doesnt work, or launch control that doesnt always launch.

As far as finding an alternative to commanding Ricc to do a multi 1-3 on the radio, after asking him to not attack Seb to which he didnt get the message that they meant 'not now, not ever'

So this is no different to the RBR Aussie driver conspiracy theory from last year that you have enjoyed speculating about at times

Woah woah woah, I never EVER suggested there was a conspiracy theory at RB with Mr. Webber. I was always saying how ridiculous it was that these theories were making their way around. Vettle was pulling away from RIC so why on earth would they then not put a tyre on properly? It's dangerous, they can and did get hurt in the constructors too.

RBR are fighting for first in the WCC, were on form to get a 3-4 finish and some decent points of McLaren, so why in gods name would they destroy one of their own drivers race? Think of the money and man hours that goes into building, setting up, managing and driving that race car; then imagine that Horner was annoyed at Ricciardo saying "I won't pass but I'm going to be there or there abouts so if something does happen I can be there", and just turns to his crew and says "f*** him over lads, he's a cocky one this one!"

Absurd.
There's always been conspiracies about this, that and the other in F1 and in most cases there's nothing to it. However going back to the Ricciardo being double punished; I think it's incredibly harsh; he's been punished three times, four if you include the wing breakage for a single offense beyond his control. A better solution would be a punish the team directly, like the FIA did with McLaren in 2007, a hefty financial fine and docking of say 25 points for the constructors championship, while the drivers keep whatever points they have earned! The precedent was set with McLaren, so it can be done again without too much fuss!
Conspiracy theories seem to be the product of over-active imaginations
looking to rationalize/understand that which they cannot explain! :thumbup:

But, dagnabit, they sure can be fun to create, if you don't take them seriously!! :twisted:
There's always been conspiracies about this, that and the other in F1 and in most cases there's nothing to it.

What? Conspiracy theories? Here? ..... oh come on :rofl:

However going back to the Ricciardo being double punished; I think it's incredibly harsh; he's been punished three times, four if you include the wing breakage for a single offense beyond his control. A better solution would be a punish the team directly, like the FIA did with McLaren in 2007, a hefty financial fine and docking of say 25 points for the constructors championship, while the drivers keep whatever points they have earned! The precedent was set with McLaren, so it can be done again without too much fuss!

I think you've got it pretty right here MOA. The only thing I'd add is that when the team gets fined, they should actually have to pay it out of their pocket and not by foregoing part of their share of Bernie's future cash pies. I mean, fining someone but at the same time having someone else pay the fine is a nothing really.
There's always been conspiracies about this, that and the other in F1 and in most cases there's nothing to it. However going back to the Ricciardo being double punished; I think it's incredibly harsh; he's been punished three times, four if you include the wing breakage for a single offense beyond his control. A better solution would be a punish the team directly, like the FIA did with McLaren in 2007, a hefty financial fine and docking of say 25 points for the constructors championship, while the drivers keep whatever points they have earned! The precedent was set with McLaren, so it can be done again without too much fuss!

There are conspiracy theories without foundation or logic which are just plain dumb, and there are conspiracy theories that are outlandish but logical which sometimes are actually true and eventually get exposed 8-)
One thing I ask about these conspiracy theories any one says about Dan. Why would they take him on as a driver if every time he got close to Vettel they'd ruin his race on purpose? Why wouldn't they hire Max Chilton or someone who wouldn't threaten seb?
They like to promote from their young drivers programme otherwise it's not worth having one.

I don't know how much truth there is to this latest conspiracy, that will be for individuals to determine and time to tell. But let's look at some facts.

Bernie likes sebastien Vettel.

Sebastien Vettel has no manager but goes to Bernie for advice.

Christian Horner is Bernie's preferred person to take over from him should he go to prison( or die or something)

Sebastien Vettel overrode team orders at the expense of his partner and was protected by the team

He was also protected and comforted in a clash between the two team mates that looked to be more his own fault.

Mark Webber's car broke down an astounding amount more than Vettel's did.

The red bull was designed around Vettel's skills

Two races in and Daniel has had a disqualification and faulty wheel change resulting in a massive points loss for the first three races.

Second race in and Daniel is told to keep back from Vettel.

Im not saying all that adds up to a conspiracy, but I believe the above are all facts, make of them what you will.
The reason for Webber's car breaking down and bursting into flames more was because the car was designed around Vettel and Mark was taller and blocked some cooling vents IIRC.
I always wondered why a team so slick with their F1 operations could fail to solve Marks launch problems over 3 years. They fix everything else quickly.
Maybe they still havent realised Mark is taller than Webber and was 'blocking some air vents'

See our F1 related articles too!