FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Just as it says...
This is awesome, a museum where you actually get to eat the exhibits!
NPR Last week's soft opening of SoFAB in New Orleans marked an as-far-as-we-know-it first: a permanent museum for exhibits dedicated to eating and drinking below the Mason-Dixon Line. (SoFAB also encompasses the Museum of the American Cocktail, or MOTAC.)

New Orleanians came out in force on Sept. 29, with hundreds there for the ribbon-cutting — a green ribbon, stamped with SoFAB's signature okra logo — including special guest Jeremiah Tower, who co-founded Chez Panisse with Alice Waters.
Is that some sort of Tax dodge. It is like opening a pub and saying it is a museum of beer, come and have a sup.

It wouldn't work here, in Ontario... we pay tax on pretty much everything!! :banghead:
Is that some sort of Tax dodge. It is like opening a pub and saying it is a museum of beer, come and have a sup.

It wouldn't work here, in Ontario... we pay tax on pretty much everything!! :banghead:

Even on postage stamps :rolleyes:

Yup!! Click the icon below for more:

I know! It got me every time when I lived in Canada :banghead:

I guess it's a matter of letting the consumer know just what they are paying in taxes compared to what they're paying for the item.
The politics of living in a country so many would like to call home, eh?

I guess it's a matter of letting the consumer know just what they are paying in taxes compared to what they're paying for the item.

The US Postal Service does not charge tax on its stamps - they are tax exempt.

The US Postal Service does not charge tax on its stamps - they are tax exempt.

I was referring to the little old country north of the U. S. of A.!! :thumbup:

See our F1 related articles too!