FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

By sagi58
Yeah, like the unfair advantage they've got now with their engines. :angrypitchforkmob:

They did their homework and finished first, good on them!!
But, refusing to allow other teams the opportunity to bring the fight to them,
is little more than a defensive measure, regardless of the vitriolic comments
from their fans.

:rolleyes: well, you'll just to so suffer through it since Ferrari are unable to get an engine built right and need special dispensation of the rules and as someone that doesn't fan much for Ferrari's way, I'm glad the arrogance has bitten them in the @55.

If it was only Ferrari asking for a relaxation of the rules, well, then you'd have a point; but, it's not is it?
By What's Burning?
Yeah, like the unfair advantage they've got now with their engines. :angrypitchforkmob:

from their fans.

:rolleyes: well, you'll just to so suffer through it since Ferrari are unable to get an engine built right and need special dispensation of the rules and as someone that doesn't fan much for Ferrari's way, I'm glad the arrogance has bitten them in the @55.

If it was only Ferrari asking for a relaxation of the rules, well, then you'd have a point; but, it's not is it?

Yes it is.
By sagi58

from their fans.

Refusing to allow to bring the fight? They had many years to research. Prepare. Bring the fight. They all were found wanting. Now they need to stop bitching and live with it...

Yes, everyone had years to prepare. Yes, Mercedes got it right; but, the others didn't.
So what? Are we supposed to be willing to accept that this domination be sanctioned
by not allowing other teams to catch up? How much fun was it with Red Bull dominating?
It wasn't; BUT, teams were allowed/had the right to keep working on catching up.

Will it be any more fun if Mercedes dominates? No; BUT, without the opportunity to catch
up, it will be insufferable for anyone who isn't a fan.

Will I jump ship? NOT ON YOUR LIFE!!
By sagi58

from their fans.

Refusing to allow to bring the fight? They had many years to research. Prepare. Bring the fight. They all were found wanting. Now they need to stop bitching and live with it.

Poor poor me. I wasn't good enough. So now I need the rules changed to give me a chance. Otherwise it's just not fair. You cheaters. Boo hoooo hoooooooo.

Now give me an extra 90 million a year because of our great legacy and we are proud engine builders and Mercedes are preventing us from moving the sport forward by going back to V10 engines.

Do you have a quote for that, or is it pure speculation? :confused:
By What's Burning?

from their fans.

Refusing to allow to bring the fight? They had many years to research. Prepare. Bring the fight. They all were found wanting. Now they need to stop bitching and live with it.

Poor poor me. I wasn't good enough. So now I need the rules changed to give me a chance. Otherwise it's just not fair. You cheaters. Boo hoooo hoooooooo.

Now give me an extra 90 million a year because of our great legacy and we are proud engine builders and Mercedes are preventing us from moving the sport forward by going back to V10 engines.

Do you?
By sagi58

Yes it is.

Good thing I'm not the only one who doesn't know much about F1? :thumbup:
By sagi58

Do you?

I wasn't speculating, I was asking if you had a quote (from a reliable source) that verifies your comment.

edited for verb tense :banghead:
Last edited by sagi58 on 30 Nov 14, 03:02, edited 1 time in total.
By What's Burning?

Do you?

I wasn't speculate, I was asking if you had a quote (from a reliable source) that verifies your comment.

Yes, of course I do. I and it's my opinion that reliable sources sometimes aren't so reliable eh? Anyway Tuesday isn't the only day that starts with the letter T. :whip:
By CookinFlat6

from their fans.

Sagi, the engine makers are Merc, Renault and Ferrari, Merc obviously dont want the engine regs changed, Renault dont even want to be in F1 let alone spend anymore than they need to. So that leaves ferrari and Christian Horner - who doesnt really speak for Renault

So all that useless PR campaigning by Horner was hot air eagerly swallowed up by those who actually though any engine maker in history would change the rules that it was mastering. So when it was obvious Merc were just messing around with Horner, Horner completely ditched asking for an unfreeze to a new tactic about 2016. However poor new MnM who didnt know much about F1 was the guy holding the baby when the music stopped

And so he looked as ridiculous as previous Ferrari staff and fans, and Toto made calculator jokes at his expense, and lo and behold MnM is now sacked and they are bringing in a guy who wont fall for Horners selfish conniving that only ferrari TPs and fans fall for :thumbup:
By sagi58
...Sagi, the engine makers are Merc, Renault and Ferrari, Merc obviously dont want the engine regs changed, Renault dont even want to be in F1 let alone spend anymore than they need to. So that leaves ferrari and Christian Horner - who doesnt really speak for Renault...

Thanks for the unnecessary update!

So, according to you, Renault is leaving F1?
By What's Burning?
...Sagi, the engine makers are Merc, Renault and Ferrari, Merc obviously dont want the engine regs changed, Renault dont even want to be in F1 let alone spend anymore than they need to. So that leaves ferrari and Christian Horner - who doesnt really speak for Renault...

Why is it some people aren't able to respect opinions, why is the sky blue and why do fools fall in love? :whip:
By CookinFlat6

Try and understand the info you have available before reacting to it, remember your Mia Culpa triangle?

Renault are not in F1 sagi, not as a team like Ferrari, they were in F1 as a team and are no longer in F1 as a team sagi ergo they dont want to be in F1 - thats not hard if you think about it

They are a supplier of engines and RBR are pretty much having to take over their F1 engine facility at Chatilon (SIC) because Renault are now only supplying Red Bull racing teams and RBr want to spend the money Renault wont - this is why Renault were so bad at first - they didnt spend 'loss leader' money as they expected to profit from supplying teams, now they have no income from supplying paying teams and hence RBR looking to take over the F1 engine facility and operate it themselves

edit: yes it was an uneccessary update as you dont want to learn the reality and dont really understand it anyway :rolleyes:
By sagi58

Try and understand the info you have available before reacting to it, remember your Mia Culpa triangle?

That was YOUR triangle. And, if you spent time creating it for me, at the risk of sound ungracious,
it's the wrong size, the wrong colour, the wrong style, the wrong whatever, you may as well keep it!

....Renault are not in F1 sagi, not as a team like Ferrari, they were in F1 as a team and are no longer in F1 as a team sagi ergo they dont want to be in F1 - thats not hard if you think about it...

Your condescending attitude knows no bounds. I may not have worded it properly;
but, then again, I assumed you knew that Renault aren't a team, just an engine supplier.
Oh, wait, you do know that, I guess you were purposefully being obtuse!! I should have known!!

....edit: yes it was an uneccessary update...

At least, we can agree on that!! :thumbup:
By CookinFlat6
I didnt create that mea Culpa triangle Sagi, its a standard concept thats been around for decades. Did you really think you were the first person to fall into that well known 'foot in mouth' pattern. Thats why I found it so funny, almost as though you were been ironic by using the term Mea Culpa as you somehow stumbled upon the expression that is used to describe the political situation when the brain doesnt engage before the mouth or finger and then the person apologises profusely only to do the exact same thing again, and again

“He was under no illusion that his brain was doing anything other than providing him with illusion. Needless to say, this created a bit of a quandary. If your understanding of your environment is based on a funhouse mirror reflection of what’s really going on, then every single thought has to be viewed with suspicion. Which created yet another quandary – paralysis by analysis. What, if any, is the appropriate action one takes in response to a constant flow of cerebral misinformation? Of course there was always the option to move through the world with great certainty, pretending that his consciousness was hardwired into the absolute truth of existence. The obvious downside in that would be talking and behaving like a presidential candidate. After some time to inaccurately reflect, he devised a scientific solution that he hoped would ease not only his own suffering, but the suffering of all mankind. He called it Apologetics™. The basis for his amazing breakthrough can be seen below in what millions of Apologists around the world call The Mea Culpa Triangle.

By sagi58
I studied Latin. I know what the phrase means.
What I find funny is your narrowminded attitude
towards anything that doesn't fit into the context
of what makes the world revolve around you.

See our F1 related articles too!