FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

By What's Burning?
That's a really good camera she's got there, Ferrari spared no expense in their car development.
By CookinFlat6
It is hard to say that is spying. It is not as if she was hiding what she was doing.

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/defin ... nglish/spy

I am also sure that every team up and down the grid do similar stuff.

Yes Im sure they do, its maybe the fact that the camera is a thermal one and she obviously didnt have permission to be in that area sets aside the Ferrari spying from the others, they seem to do these things more 'openly' and 'with more 'confidence' than anyone else, but ofcourse it has been that way for a while.

e.g Ferrari already had a secret tyre test before Merc and theirs was not the first one, the only time both Ferrari drivers were on the podium in 2013 was the race after their first secret test at the same track. But that didnt stop them making a formal protest against Mercs FIA cleared test leading to the tribunal at which it was said ferrari were not prosecuted like they did with Merc but that it was not clear if it was legal and would have had to be proven in another tribunal - alas there wasnt one

At least they are trying every single possibility on top of actually developing a good engine before the second freeze and a chassis that is better than last years

And I guess it looks good for their fans to see Ferrari 'hitting back' in their own special way, having dumped the honest and law abiding MnM for the established crony 'good climax ensured' TP from the tobbacco firm

and ofcourse they have Seb who is already saying it will take him years to turn the team around despite being on only a 3 year 150mill deal. I wonder why he doesn't expect any results for a few years, does he think Rosbergs seat will be free then?
By What's Burning?
Looking forward to seeing what Vettel will do with the twitchy chassis Ferrari could give to Fernando and get a sure 5th or 6th place result and Kimi a sure 8th or 9th.
By CookinFlat6
We need to see if Ferrari follow the near identical pattern they have followed for the last few years - Confident, sandbagging, talk of innovative technology despite famously looking down on tech. The after the winter tests a Mea Culpa where we find out the are in trouble, followed by Alonsos heroic efforts to keep in touch whilst his teammate is showing the true performmance of the car - at the back.

Then Alonso complaining the car needs to improve fast, and then the sackings, and then a step backward with Alonso pitied by all for coming 11th. Then Monzas mea Culpa, and the najor sacking of the season takes place and the team blame the victim and talk about switching focus to the next year whilst not swithching focus and frantically trying to salvage some 'face' from the current year - usually leading to an Alonso podium before the final collapse in from toward the season end

Thing is that Seb has always floundered when the car produced for him by Newey had to be changed due to some rule breach or other reason, we saw this against a Webber who should have already retired. We can only hope Seb brings a better alternative to Alonsos effort so that the 2 of them can improve on 2014.

Thank God for alonso, imagine if Ferrari had Kimi instead of Alonso paired with Seb and a car not designed by the ranking genius on the grid and a team who have swapped a TP with ability for a TP without ability but with bernies mobile phone number - something Seb discovered from the media - he wasnt even told MnM was gone, replaced by 'happy climax'

Funny enough, in 2015 there will be no one to blame for a disaster, because Luca is gone, MnM is gone, Sergio will be gone, the new guy cant be blamed cos he is new
By What's Burning?
You forgot the perennial promise that the "true" performance of the car will only be known after the first round of flyaway races.
By sagi58
... Ferrari already had a secret tyre test before Merc and theirs was not the first one...

What? You mean you don't remember that Ferrari's test was with a TWO-YEAR-OLD car, which was within the rules;
whereas, Mercedes used a CURRENT car, which was NOT within the rules?
By Ferrari man 009
... Ferrari already had a secret tyre test before Merc and theirs was not the first one...

What? You mean you don't remember that Ferrari's test was with a TWO-YEAR-OLD car, which was within the rules;
whereas, Mercedes used a CURRENT car, which was NOT within the rules?

This. I remember the FIA saying in the tribunal that Ferrari had used a 2011 car, which is why they were not investigated. Mercedes used a 2013 car, whether they did it deliberately as a sneaky test (why would they hide away from the track for 2 days and come back with plain helmets if it wasnt a sneaky test?) or genuinely thought that is what they had permission to do is another argument.

IF, as it appears, Merc were actually given permission to do the test then that to be fair is special treatment from the FIA as no other team was given the same permission. The fact that Merc were BANNED from the Silverstone tyre test to me indicates that they breached the regulations and gained an unfair advantage.
By What's Burning?
Yeah, like the unfair advantage they've got now with their engines. :angrypitchforkmob:
By sagi58
Yeah, like the unfair advantage they've got now with their engines. :angrypitchforkmob:

They did their homework and finished first, good on them!!
But, refusing to allow other teams the opportunity to bring the fight to them,
is little more than a defensive measure, regardless of the vitriolic comments
from their fans.
By What's Burning?

from their fans.

:rolleyes: well, you'll just to so suffer through it since Ferrari are unable to get an engine built right and need special dispensation of the rules and as someone that doesn't fan much for Ferrari's way, I'm glad the arrogance has bitten them in the @55.
By LRW

from their fans.

Refusing to allow to bring the fight? They had many years to research. Prepare. Bring the fight. They all were found wanting. Now they need to stop bitching and live with it.

Poor poor me. I wasn't good enough. So now I need the rules changed to give me a chance. Otherwise it's just not fair. You cheaters. Boo hoooo hoooooooo.
By What's Burning?

from their fans.

Refusing to allow to bring the fight? They had many years to research. Prepare. Bring the fight. They all were found wanting. Now they need to stop bitching and live with it.

Poor poor me. I wasn't good enough. So now I need the rules changed to give me a chance. Otherwise it's just not fair. You cheaters. Boo hoooo hoooooooo.

Now give me an extra 90 million a year because of our great legacy and we are proud engine builders and Mercedes are preventing us from moving the sport forward by going back to V10 engines.
By LRW
Personally. I'd actually like Vettel to win a WDC at Ferrari.

As it'd show us he is worth his 4xWDC, plus can you imagine how p|ssed Alonso would be. :rofl:
By darwin dali
Personally. I'd actually like Vettel to win a WDC at Ferrari.

As it'd show us he is worth his 4xWDC, plus can you imagine how p|ssed Alonso would be. :rofl:

You evil, evil man, you :D

See our F1 related articles too!