FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

By Roth
I've never been one for the red team. If all the histrionics weren't so tranparent I could sympathise, but generally F1's employees and and followers are not stupid, and these attempts at throwing around it's weakening political weight are just annoying. If Alonso was given a whiff of a seat at RB or Merc he'd be there like a shot. The fact an ailing McLaren think they have a chance of resigning him shows how much the Scuderia's stock has fallen.
By CookinFlat6
The judge has a huge following because he has been right on all the important things. However what he says about Montes posturing is pretty easy to work out. As is the bit about Alonso vs a young charger. We only have to look back in this thread to see exactly the same thing said. Although it will be upsetting for SOME of the tifosi,

This may play well with the FIAT shareholders and even the more deluded element of the tifosi, yet Luca is talking absolute rubbish. When he romantically declares, “before, it was the best man winning in the best car”. Really?

the others should be very happy that Monte seems to finally have got something right - the hiring of the new guy who is more impressive than Monte, Domenically and Kimi all put together
By sagi58
Not being a fair weather fan, I'm patient, because I have faith!!
As "they" say, "It's always darkest before the dawn." :D
By CookinFlat6
Unfortunately some of the "they" who said 'its always darkest before dawn' shortly after discovered it is also the reason most executions are carried out at dawn.
By What's Burning?
“Before, it was the best man winning in the best car."

Here's an example of crap coming out of someone's mouth. Marco Mattiacci seems the real deal, yet today Luca is doing nothing more than playing the role of Bernie at Ferrari and both F1 and Ferrari will be better off when they're both gone.

Luca, take a good look...It is the best man in the best car winning.

The reason Ferrari aren't winning is because they made a crap car in the F14T and squandered an opportunity to at least be fighting with Mercedes for second instead of fighting with Williams and Force India for fourth.
By sagi58
Unfortunately some of the "they" who said 'its always darkest before dawn' shortly after discovered it is also the reason most executions are carried out at dawn.

Ah, yes, the Dark Ages, before electricity that could like up the universe! :yes:
By sagi58
Nothing like stating the obvious, eh?

p.s. this is the Ferrari Support thread, eh?
Be nice!! Or... as nice as you can be!! :P
By What's Burning?
The truth hurts, eh?

But until it's acknowledged and addressed, it won't be corrected. Thankfully Marco seems to be on the job treating the cause and not the symptoms. BTW, as much as I said last year that Ferrari were crazy to take back Raikonnen, I'm of the opinion they'd be crazy to let Alonso go.

EDIT:I don't believe I'm being mean here, simply speaking the truth about my opinions and backing them up with pretty solid facts. There's substance in what's being said, and you're free to contradict it with your own facts or if you're unable to do that, just give your opinion on the matter. We're adults, support as I see it, is not mutually deciding to play make belief.
By sagi58
The truth hurts, eh?

But until it's acknowledged and addressed, it won't be corrected. Thankfully Marco seems to be on the job treating the cause and not the symptoms. BTW, as much as I said last year that Ferrari were crazy to take back Raikonnen, I'm of the opinion they'd be crazy to let Alonso go.

Nope! It doesn't hurt, what has hurt in the past and would continue to hurt even more, exponentially, is if nothing were to be done about it. Which is where I personally feel that Ferrari has erred, possibly on the side of caution. Is it loyalty? Is it a wait-and-see attitude? No way to know, unless you're there.

I have to agree that di Montezemolo's choice in Mattiacci seems to be the best/smartest/most progressive decision he has made in years, and it's way past time that he did something like that!!

Somehow, I have a feeling they were talking and discussing the changes we've seen, long before the ink had dried on Mattiacci's contract. Meaning, I believe that the Räikkönen decision was part of those on-going conversations.

I'm also hopeful that Mattiacci has sat down with both Alonso and Räikkönen to ensure them they will have the best car on the grid, come 2015!!
By LiamCatterson
The truth hurts, eh?

Nope! It doesn't hurt, what has hurt in the past and would continue to hurt even more, exponentially, is if nothing were to be done about it. Which is where I personally feel that Ferrari has erred, possibly on the side of caution. Is it loyalty? Is it a wait-and-see attitude? No way to know, unless you're there.

I have to agree that di Montezemolo's choice in Mattiacci seems to be the best/smartest/most progressive decision he has made in years, and it's way past time that he did something like that!!

Somehow, I have a feeling they were talking and discussing the changes we've seen, long before the ink had dried on Mattiacci's contract. Meaning, I believe that the Räikkönen decision was part of those on-going conversations.

I'm also hopeful that Mattiacci has sat down with both Alonso and Räikkönen to ensure them they will have the best car on the grid, come 2015!!

The thing is and I know 2015 is not even here yet, but I have a feeling Mercedes will be dominant until at least 2016 when Honda and McLaren have sorted out their stuff from 2015 for 2016 and if not then, maybe even longer...
By sagi58
EDITI don't believe I'm being mean here, simply speaking the truth about my opinions and backing them up with pretty solid facts. There's substance in what's being said, and you're free to contradict it with your own facts or if you're unable to do that, just give your opinion on the matter. We're adults, support as I see it, is not mutually deciding to play make belief.

I don't think you're being mean and I appreciate the truth, when it's from the heart!
I have always maintained that it's fine to disagree; but, that it can be done, as you
just did, in a respectful manner! I appreciate that more than anything else! :thumbup:
By CookinFlat6
EDIT:I don't believe I'm being mean here, simply speaking the truth about my opinions and backing them up with pretty solid facts. There's substance in what's being said, and you're free to contradict it with your own facts or if you're unable to do that, just give your opinion on the matter. We're adults, support as I see it, is not mutually deciding to play make belief.

:clap: well said. I could never understand the notion that "support" or a team thread should mean ignoring hard and salient facts and locking the thread etc if anything but make believe fantasies were discussed. The idea of a discussion is to discuss the truth otherwise it wouldn't be a discussion but a fiction story
Things evolve and grow by making sometimes uncomfortable things on board. This is what I sense most from the new Ferrari TP and is what Monte doesn't seem willing to do because it might upset some. The second best thing Monte ever did was to get Todt and co on board and allow them to do things not necessarily traditional flag waving stuff
Hopefully for the more knowledgeable tifosi he has done it again and at a time it's more needed than ever in the teams history

Merc could do with some more competition
By sagi58
"Support", by definition, includes constructive criticism; however, it does not include gratuitous denigrating comments aimed solely at kicking someone when they are down.
By Hammer278

Merc could do with some more competition

Yes, but not quite as yet....I've never experienced this before, 2 beautiful cars which I support rocketing away from the field, owning it week in week out. :cloud9:
By What's Burning?
The same things were being said about McLaren in 2012 by a lot of the same people, and at the time they had a car that was able to compete for wins! Many of the more fanatical fans went out of their way with a "nothing to see herre, just move along" attitude...we saw what happened next. Hopefully Ferrari, or should I say Marco Mattiacci has taken note and will not allow the same mistakes at the scuderia. As CookinFlat6 said, I'd welcome the might of Ferrari fighting at the top.

See our F1 related articles too!