FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

By zurich_allan
Not related to the previous posts, but as this is the Ferrari support thread I thought I'd mention.

I don't really follow any one particular team or driver, and don't tend to strongly like or dislike any team or driver either. I watch F1 I think a bit differently to a lot of people in that I think a lot about strategies, mechanics, individual driver styles, circuit layouts and other peripheral aspects of the sport. I tend to analyse a lot about the races in my head. I think this is perhaps because I watch a lot of motorsports including some of the more obscure ones, and getting too attached to any one aspect of any one series might result in an imbalance in some way (in my own weird head!).

BUT Ferrari is one of the few exceptions to an extent. I really go through cycles of liking and disliking them as a team for some reason. For example - I liked them in the mid-80s with Alboreto, disliked them in the early 90s, liked them with Berger and Alesi in the mid-90s, disliked them in the late 90s with Schumacher and Irvine, liked them again in 2006-2007 with Schumacher, Massa and Kimi, disliked them again until this year when I quite liked them again... Next year really hangs in the balance for me with Ferrari, depending on how they treat Kimi relative to Vettel.

Weird! :)
By sagi58
Another piece of the puzzle...

, in translating from La Gazzetta dello Sport, Michele Lostia wrote:">
Former Ferrari head Montezemolo hits out at Marchionne

...F1 GROUP ROLE

Last week, di Montezemolo was reappointed as a non-executive director of the Formula One Group, in a similar role to the one he held during his stint as Ferrari boss.

At the same time, Bernie Ecclestone was reinstated as CEO.

Marchionne said he would not approve of di Montezemolo replacing Ecclestone in the leading role.

"The CEO is once again [Bernie] Ecclestone, but if we were asked for an opinion on Montezemolo we would have said no for a matter of good taste," Marchionne was quoted as saying by Gazzetta dello Sport.

"In respect for the others, you can't push for an ex-president of yours for such a role.

"You can't do certain things for a matter of governance.

"And myself, as head of Ferrari, had I been around back then I would have said no regarding [Jean] Todt at the helm of FIA, despite his merits and capabilities."
By LewEngBridewell
I kind of know what you mean, zurich. Some parts of me hate Ferrari. Some parts of me don't. I was watching F1 (still as a young child) during their dreary domination, i,e. the turning of the century and throughout the early 2000s until 2004. Some of the things that occured then, and since, for example, Austria 2002, USA 2002, Monaco 2006, Germany 2010, etc etc etc have made me dislike them immensely.

However, they are a legendary team, something that has been present in F1 since it's conception. And being a McLaren fan, the many years of rivalry F1 fans have been treated to between those two teams, will always produce fond memories.

Am I a fan of Ferrari? No.

Would I wish Ferrari to leave F1? NO!!!!
By Hammer278
I'd miss the Ferrari of the 2000s - 2010s...the team I loved to hate, a fearsome team which gave my favourites something to think about, especially during the MS era. Provided a lot of entertainment and drama for me, even their bickering and b!tching for other teams' smart/legal inventions to be banned.

The Ferrari of today though, I just feel is a former shadow of that team. I hardly remember anything about them in 2014 and if they actually leave the sport I don't think the sport is going to miss anything much. But who knows, they might do a minor miracle and bounce back in the next 2-3 years though I wouldn't hold my breath.
By LiamCatterson
I'd miss the Ferrari of the 2000s - 2010s...the team I loved to hate, a fearsome team which gave my favourites something to think about, especially during the MS era. Provided a lot of entertainment and drama for me, even their bickering and b!tching for other teams' smart/legal inventions to be banned.

The Ferrari of today though, I just feel is a former shadow of that team. I hardly remember anything about them in 2014 and if they actually leave the sport I don't think the sport is going to miss anything much. But who knows, they might do a minor miracle and bounce back in the next 2-3 years though I wouldn't hold my breath.

I agree. The Ferrari you see in this decade looks battered and as a Ferrari fan, I too, feel weakened by their pace. It sucks but I just hold onto faith that one day soon, they'll recover
By Jabberwocky
The Ferrari of today are the in the same position that Benetton found themselves in after the dream team left. Benetton/Renault/Lotus regrouped and rebuilt. Ferrari seemed to of lost its way. Hopefully this most recent purge will set them back on a course back to being at the front of the grid.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
By racechick
Lew I agree with much of your feelings regarding Ferrari. I've always said if I supported a team I'd have been drawn to Ferrari because of the history and the romance. I loved the Berger and Alesi years. But the more I got involved with F1 the more I came to dislike their way of operating. I never felt Schumacher was the right driver for Ferrari ( ok he brought success, so from that point of view he was, but for me he wasn't right, Alesi was right) . I dislike a lot the Ferrari tricks but I don't want them out of F1, I want them in there fighting in a level playing field, That would be mega! And I really hope Jules gets better because he was a real Ferrari driver! They missed a trick there.
By sagi58
, Admin wrote:">Ferrari to launch car in late January

Ferrari will launch its 2015 car on the internet in late January.

The fabled Italian team's new boss Maurizio Arrivabene confirmed to reporters earlier this week that the new project, codenamed 666, has passed all of its mandatory FIA crash tests.

It looks set to be debuted on schedule at the first official winter test at Jerez on February 1.

Before that, Arrivabene told Italy's Omnicorse, "It will be shown on the web at the end of January. The date is not yet specified.

"The reason is very simple," he explained. "The engineers have told me that, to prepare for a presentation as in the past years, it takes three days.

"That is too much in a phase that I prefer work is dedicated to the development of the car," Arrivabene added.
By sagi58
Must be a devilish machine :hehe:

Here's hoping it goes like a bat out of a hot place!! :thumbup:
By darwin dali

[youtube]3QGMCSCFoKA[/youtube]
By CookinFlat6

Would still have to return to the Ferrari garage at the end of the day
By sagi58

[youtube]3QGMCSCFoKA[/youtube]

:clap: I can always rely on you and your sense of humour!!
Thank you!! :thumbup:
By What's Burning?
Can't wait for the blame game to begin anew.
Ferrari admits it started late on the design of its 2015 car but thinks the lifting of the engine homologation deadline gives it a chance to make up lost ground this season.

See our F1 related articles too!