FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

By sagi58
If Ferrari can threaten to leave the sport when things don't suit, so can Mercedes! :hehe:

I thought they already got the t-shirt? :hehe:
By Hammer278
I'm not liking Mercedes as a team too much anymore. After making Lewis go through so much sh*t they still ask him to move over when Rosberg was such a threat in the race.

Tense rest of the season. I see the FIA may be involved aka 2007 style not too soon from now.
By stonemonkey
Stupid call by merc, Lewis did the right thing but both drivers have the right to be pissed at the team for that.
By ang4f1
I hope in the second half of the season..that Nico gets the same s*** Lewis has had this year.....

That's fair... :thumbup:
By Hammer278
Lewis:
Melbourne engine failure
Canada brake failure
Q1 German failure
Q1 Hungarian failure

5 wins

Nico:
GB gearbox failure

4 wins

If Merc want Nico to win the WDC, they have to try harder, and resort to more dirtier and more obvious tricks than they have done so far this season.
By ang4f1
Nico''s radio message today ...."he's not moving over"...sounded like an overpriveleged soppy kid...

Lewis last week...27/30G ... into the barriers
Lot of bruising...still drove a fantastic race the next day....never mentioned the pain he must have been in....

Merc need to get real...what's the deal...stick Lewis at the back & he will entertain/bring in the punters...racing through the field? Whilst Nico starts from the front (in a buttonesque way) to take the easy victories?
Blooody cheek...
By racechick
Nico''s radio message today ...."he's not moving over"...sounded like an overpriveleged soppy kid...

Lewis last week...27/30G ... into the barriers
Lot of bruising...still drove a fantastic race the next day....never mentioned the pain he must have been in....

Merc need to get real...what's the deal...stick Lewis at the back & he will entertain/bring in the punters...racing through the field? Whilst Nico starts from the front (in a buttonesque way) to take the easy victories?
Blooody cheek...

:D that 'move over stuff ' was bonkers! Merc need to be careful because there was no need whatsoever for Lewis to move over. Even Coulthard and Brundle called them out on that! I wonder who made that call? That's an interesting one! But there's a tidal wave of disapproval out there already , so calls like that make Merc look bad. Lauda said it was wrong. I've got a growing respect for his honesty and fairness( I know I've changed my mind about him, lady's perrogative :D )
I'm so pleased with Lewis that he didn't just do as told. He needed to make that decision . That was a big step for Lewis.

On the 'over privileged kid' did you hear Lewis in a pre recorded chat with( the sky lady) he was talking about why he is emotional and has his heart on his sleeve etc etc. and he said , I am who I am, I want to win and I won't pretend different, and when I don't win, I don't like it, I'm not going to pretend different( :hehe: and he did a 'la de da' accent) it was so funny! Watch it if you can! He also added that his concern is for his family and his fans, and if a few people in between are unappreciative, then tough. ( he said it slightly less aggressively than that)
By Hammer278
Lewis was class in this race. Not just in driving, but I know I would've gone absolutely nuts on the radio if I were in his place. Whoa, I don't know... but he was pretty relaxed on the radio. The moment he came out of the car at the end though, I knew the guy was unhappy.

And Lauda is the f*ckin man. Glad he's there to back Lewis....I think the Toto guy is more interested in looking cool and more interested in making Suzie Nico's teammate in 2016.
By geetface9
there was no need whatsoever for Lewis to move over.

And this is definitely why you and I are watching two different championships :P
By racechick

And this is definitely why you and I are watching two different championships :P

Yeah you want Nico to have an easy ride.
By geetface9

Not at all. I just view incidents like today without staring straight up hamilton's @$$.
By racechick
Lewis was class in this race. Not just in driving, but I know I would've gone absolutely nuts on the radio if I were in his place. Whoa, I don't know... but he was pretty relaxed on the radio. The moment he came out of the car at the end though, I knew the guy was unhappy.

And Lauda is the f*ckin man. Glad he's there to back Lewis....I think the Toto guy is more interested in looking cool and more interested in making Suzie Nico's teammate in 2016.

Yep. I never expected Lauda to champion Lewis but he clearly respects and supports the racer and I'm glad he's there. Had reservations, but I've been nothing but pleased and respectful of the way Lauda has been with Lewis. I was watching on a stream site that kept buffering, so I missed the podium and post race stuff( seen a bit since on BBC highlights) but on twitter someone said Lewis looked unhappy, and they supposed it was because he wanted the win. But my thought was that he was pissed at the Merc call to let Nico through. If i were Lewis I'd be demanding a few answers over that!! I hope he is, I know Lauda is.
By racechick

Not at all. I just view incidents like today without staring straight up hamilton's @$$.

And how exactly am I staring up Lewis' arse? Were you staring up Rosberg's during Monaco quali?
By geetface9

And how exactly am I staring up Lewis' arse? Were you staring up Rosberg's during Monaco quali?

The fact that you can't understand why lewis would be asked to move over says it all. And no I wasn't staring up anybody's arse in monaco quali, and I wasn't staring up anybody's arse when hamilton parked it in austria quali either

See our F1 related articles too!