FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

By Hammer278
Finally a faster pitstop for Hamilton (0.1s) since...............

But yeah, Mercedes OWNED the Temple of Speed. Top 6 in qual, PODIUM'ED the race. Sweet as f**k. :drink:
By Nin-Chin
Merc to change gear ratios for Singapore after they discovered a flaw with their ratios in Monza. 8th gear is barely used and is too long so they're shortening the gears. Aldo Costa also said this gave away lap time so Merc should get faster with this change.

Also and an extra thing that Williams said that with the amount of torque you only need 5 gears which would save weight and space.
By What's Burning?
Merc finally have a reserve driver... just in case Nico gets out of line. :whip: Pascal Wehrlein.
By Frontrunner
Merc finally have a reserve driver... just in case Nico gets out of line. :whip: Pascal Wehrlein.

He looks a bit like a German version of Lewis to me. Perhaps Lewis should be more worried.
By CookinFlat6

He looks a bit like a German version of Lewis to me. Perhaps Lewis should be more worried.

Not till he becomes the 5th most marketeable sportsman in ze Welt :wavey:
By racechick
What's the gist of it Ang? I can't open most links in China.
By CookinFlat6
Most of Mercs messages last race would comply with new directive RC, at least thats how I saw it
By Hammer278
After these new rules it seems 1/2 of that page would not be allowed anymore. Wow.
By ang4f1

RC ...Merc Race Transcript..for readers to decide what they see as within the rules....
To ensure requirements of Article 20.1 of F1 Sporting Regs...With that in mind, which of the Merc Radio Messages from Monza 2014 would contravene new rules?
"Check out full transcript & decide for yourself"

We will probably all have differing views on what is ok...

There is a link at the bottom of the article to Full Race Transcript...
By sagi58
After these new rules it seems 1/2 of that page would not be allowed anymore. Wow.
I have to go with Hammer on this one.

RC, here's a sample of what is on that link:

Team Radio Debate

Lap 1
From Peter Bonnington
To Lewis Hamilton

Yeah copy that Lewis we see it. So torque mode three.

Lap 10
From Peter Bonnington
To Lewis Hamilton

OK Lewis you may use strat two on the main straight only, exit turn eleven to turn one, strat two only for two laps.

Lap 15
From Peter Bonnington
To Lewis Hamilton

OK Lewis two-tenths faster last lap. Gap now 1.8. Nico carrying more speed entry apex turn 11.

Lap 21
From Peter Bonnington
To Lewis Hamilton

Lap 21
From Lewis Hamilton
To Peter Bonnington

Lap 21
From Peter Bonnington
To Lewis Hamilton

So it’s around the two-tenths mark, just keep it up.

Lap 23
From Tony Ross
To Nico Rosberg

Lap 24
From Peter Bonnington
To Lewis Hamilton

By racechick
I see thanks. But I guess with he knowledge of the new rules they'd drop some messages or adapt them.I think the ones at the beginning to Lewis would be allowed because he had ' a clearly identifpfiable problem with the car'.

Things like the gap to Nico would be ok . But they'd have to drop the part about where Nico was faster.

The drivers have got used to having all this information, it's been allowed, so of course they will use it to their advantage , but to be honest, I don't think Lewis will be too upset at just being allowed to race the car fast.
By sagi58
...I don't think Lewis will be too upset at just being allowed to race the car fast.

I would imagine the rest of the drivers on the grid would be just as happy! :thumbup:
By racechick
...I don't think Lewis will be too upset at just being allowed to race the car fast.

I would imagine the rest of the drivers on the grid would be just as happy! :thumbup:

I can think of a couple who might actually be crying.

See our F1 related articles too!