FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Just as it says...
Jabber, you're a real ale man! Me too :thumbup:

Far better than pissy lager :P:whip:

I used to be a pissy larger man, then I lived in Cyprus. after about 2 weeks I could not touch larger, so moved onto boddingtons and never looked back. Even now a dozen years later I still gag at the thought of drinking some lagers.

Indeed. It took me a few years to arrive at ale (proper beer), after experimenting with spirits, cider and lager. Since trying ale, I've never looked back.

Boddington's is a pretty good beer. The cans are nice colours too, they remind me of Jordan Grand Prix :P
Jabber, you're a real ale man! Me too :thumbup:

Far better than pissy lager :P:whip:

I used to be a pissy larger man, then I lived in Cyprus. after about 2 weeks I could not touch larger, so moved onto boddingtons and never looked back. Even now a dozen years later I still gag at the thought of drinking some lagers.

Indeed. It took me a few years to arrive at ale (proper beer), after experimenting with spirits, cider and lager. Since trying ale, I've never looked back.

Boddington's is a pretty good beer. The cans are nice colours too, they remind me of Jordan Grand Prix :P

lol, It was the choice of Carlsberg, Keo, or Boddingtons in the bar, so it was the only thing that did not make me cringe. I still can not touch Keo until this day.

My Grandfather gave me 4 pieces of advice when I joined the Military,
    1. Beware of people with clippy cloppy shoes, stable belts, and chip hats.
    2. Always have a bath plug with you (he then presented me with one on a chain).
    3. Never volunteer for anything.
    4. Never drink spirits unless you are with people you can trust.

To be fair it was all good advice.
My contribution here is The Head of the River. Pricey, but a nice place. I only really know pubs in town though.

Another nice pub. Being beside a water-source with a pint on a summer's evening is something close to paradise, I feel. :cloud9:
No, but same as you - people have said good things about it.
Today I went to 2 pubs, and managed to drink no beer. :-(

Was at the 1st pub and SWMBO got phoned by her boss to come into work and she works in a pub. Will save the reviews for when I have more time :-)
Does everyone live in Oxford in here? I work in there now, any good pubs to eat at lunch on the outskirts?

Also my cider beats your beers and larger!
Does everyone live in Oxford in here? I work in there now, any good pubs to eat at lunch on the outskirts?

depends which part you work at

depends which part you work at

The Science Park, just as you are coming out of the A34.
My word I have fallen behind on this thread.

Right I have managed to visit a few pubs since I last updated this thread. However before I update the thread I have a question for you guys, I have for some personal reasons done a bit of a tourist photo spree around Oxford City, does anyone want some pictures of that or just Pubs?

The list of pubs I need to write updates on now are:-

White Horse, Headington http://www.whitehorse-headington.co.uk
Tandem, Kennington http://www.tandem-kennington.co.uk
The Bridge, Wheatley
King and Queen, Wheatley
The Railway, Wheatley

(the list is more to remind me than anything else)
The White Horse, Headington is a nice place, as it is a Hungry Horse pub it is the usual standard menu, it is always cooked well and the staff are friendly for a busy pub. It also has a lot of pictures of Emma Watson on the walls as it was her local pub while she was growing up.

The Tandem is again a Hungry Horse, the food is not quite up to the standard of the White Horse however they have a nicer beer garden and play area for kids.

See our F1 related articles too!