FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

I think Jenson did a very good job at Silverstone the whole weekend. He's still 20 points ahead of his teammate, and rookie or not, beating your teammate is what every racer aims for if their car is not capable of winning. Be interesting to see how things pan out for Jenson in the second half of the season. :)

Jenson is capable of doing a good job and is ahead on points of his team mate. However the point his supporters tend to overlook is that this is not enough at a team like McLaren. McLaren built its success and record on having exceptional drivers in its seats, those drivers that stand out in each generation, those we still talk about, those that make the difference to the development team and staff and sponsors. Unfortunately for the team and fortunately for Jenson he was employed at a period of anamoly in McLarens history, when the management pursued a different approach. This is over now and to keep his seat Jenson has to drive to the best of his ability every single race, wring results beyond the cars place like Lewis, Alonso, Senna, Fittipaldi, Lauda and ultimately Bruce Mclaren himself.

Can Jenson drive like Canada 11 every single race, whether the car and balance and conditions are perfect or not? Can Ron turn him into one of the aforementioned drivers? I dont think so but I am watching the rest of his season with an open mind :hooli-popcorn:

edit: thanks for providing a structured and rational case for Button, instead of the usual 'he is unbeatable the 1 in a 100 times everything is perfect for him and there are no front runners left on track' followed by ' he just needs a perfect car to perform at his best' topped of by 'he beat Hamilton in the bespoke 'JB 3 year Cup' and usually ending with 'I cant stand this Button bashing so I am leaving the forum/F1/life'
This place never fails to entertain. I love it. We're don't like 100% of the people we meet in our lives, so it stands to reason that the same applies to the drivers.

As far as I'm concerned, be respectful, back your arguments up and stand by them, and if swayed by a person, acknowledge it. If we never changed our minds we'd never make any progress in life. There are those special people that come here specifically for the joy of throwing bombs, and stirring the pot and that never contribute anything to the conversation other than baiting and curiously rarely claim to support anyone themselves. We know for the most part who they are and what the agenda is and guess what? Not a single one of those people will ever come and chime into a conversation like this.

It's obvious that we can disagree and write loads about our disagreements and do it in a respectful and non combative manner. I respect those that are willing to fight for their beliefs and stick to their guns, right or wrong. Obviously when wrong and refusing to acknowledge facts, you forfeit the right to be taken seriously, but you should never forfeit the right to be treated respectfully.

We are human and have a tendency to like things both ways, and often find ourselves having to explain positions that may seem inconsistent. That's aggravating to deal with but it shouldn't prevent someone from posting.

It just seems like we get into a he said she said, he did it first she started it vicious cycle that in the end is not worth it. In the words of the philosopher Forest Gump, stupid is as stupid does, but it's the acme of futility to argue with said stupid.

Ladies and gentlemen, the interwebs are chock full of viciousness, pettiness, and most of all stupidity. Let's keep it way from here as much as we can.

In any case, as I said very early on in the Silverstone thread(*sarcasm* had MOA bothered to read it before commenting *sarcasm*) :whip: that IMO, Sunday was Jenson's finest drive of the season. :yes:
And for everyone's information Myown was not fired, he was an excellent Mod. Naughty boy Hammer!! :smmack:

Oh... ok I didn't know that. All I saw was he left for a bit and when he came back he wasn't green anymore.

My apologies.

Don't stop the spanking though RC
DD locked him in the dungeon until the green wore off. I can confirm the MOA stood down of his green-ship for his own reasons which I am sure we can all respect.

Sent using NCC-1701
And for everyone's information Myown was not fired, he was an excellent Mod. Naughty boy Hammer!! :smmack:

Oh... ok I didn't know that. All I saw was he left for a bit and when he came back he wasn't green anymore.

My apologies.

Don't stop the spanking though RC

yeah you better apologize, you know how easily your pool picks can get misplaced? anyway, MOA always strived for pink, he's like that.
How on Earth this thread end up being about my moderator/lack of status?

For clarification, I left the forum and quit as moderator because I didn't like the direction the forum was heading in regards to operations. I was always taught "if you don't like something in your life, change it"; that's exactly what I did, took some time out and came back when I felt the time was correct!
We're glad you did BTW.

You're only saying that because the pool would have died a death if I hadn't come back to organize it for 2014 ;):twisted:
We're glad you did BTW.

You're only saying that because the pool would have died a death if I hadn't come back to organize it for 2014 ;):twisted:

And I wouldn't be winning... go on :whip:
By LRW
We're glad you did BTW.

No, I think he was actually saying he was glad you left for a bit.
We're glad you did BTW.

This sir, is your finest work ever.
We're glad you did BTW.

:hehe::hehe:
Button wants to stay on F1
http://www.planetf1.com/driver/3213/941 ... F1+News%29

"You have a tough day and it hurts like hell because you want to be competitive and fighting, but then you have a reasonable qualifying and you are back on track.

"You want to race forever.

"In F1 the emotions are all over the place. It is highs, it is lows, never a middle.

"I've lived my life like that for a long time and I want to continue living my life like that - hopefully with more highs than lows.

A reasonable qualifying????? a single gifted pole in 5 years in a McLaren??? highs AND lows??? like 1:200 ratio?? and you wont change????

Sounds like a great application for a back grid team :hehe:

See our F1 related articles too!